Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ob21
Aug 21, 2017

ob21 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MA-Horus posted:

I don't understand how halloween turned into such a loving thing in 10 years, it was pretty much entirely the foreigner crowd that used to celebrate it.

A friend was posting pictures of halloween celebrations and he's in Seoul, I'm hoping he's just offline right now.

I am not sure if it’s really the cause or not but a pretty popular K drama itaewon class, Featured Halloween in Itaewon As a focal point of the story

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was mentioned that a lot of remaining gathering requirements were lifted recently from some article I saw online, so it probably helped boost that crowd.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Itaewon is definitely not built for crowds like this. I would have thought that it would lessen after Yongsan Garrison closed up (well, mostly) and moved south to Humphreys but that crowd is way wilder than when I lived there in from 2014-16.

Glad I opted to go to dinner locally and stay away from the big party areas. Also I'm too old for Itae now.

ob21
Aug 21, 2017
I don't understand how halloween turned into such a loving thing in 10 years, it was pretty much entirely the foreigner crowd that used to celebrate it.

...you've obviously never spent a Halloween in SF.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ob21 posted:

...you've obviously never spent a Halloween in SF.

Is there a reason why you posted the same thing 10 minutes apart and went back to edit your first post accordingly?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
ob21 is going for a cultural victory

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Is there a reason why you posted the same thing 10 minutes apart and went back to edit your first post accordingly?

Just post, baby

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Eason the Fifth posted:

Say offensive poo poo from time to time and eat a probe, it's the nature of posting on SA :ironicat:

I was mocking the poster I quoted, as I always do...

ob21 posted:

...you've obviously never spent a Halloween in SF...

the horror... The horror

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So Elon's trying to avoid paying out the twitter executives he fired by saying he fired them for cause. Good thing he has a good head of legal

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1586539695491624960

that he fired :laugh:

he's so getting sued and losing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lol elon you do NOT gently caress with the managerial positions grift you loving insane person

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
On the one hand, gently caress all C level executives and their obscene paychecks and golden parachutes.

On the other hand, gently caress Elon.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Let them fight.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Love all the Elon stans in the comments going "just you wait, daddy Elon has outsmarted all these execs and lawyers, all he has to do is say they were bad at their jobs and BOOM legal nerds defeated."

Last time Elon had one neat trick to get out of a contract, he was forced to pay $44B for a social media company running at a loss :laugh:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bored As gently caress posted:

On the one hand, gently caress all C level executives and their obscene paychecks and golden parachutes.

On the other hand, gently caress Elon.

They may actually destroy each other. Cheer for that possibility.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
It's even dumber than him wanting to personally review code as CEO on day 1 of a merger and that's hell-fuckin dumb

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If Elon dumb-dumbs himself into a precedent-establishing court victory against golden parachutes the way Trump dumb-dumbed his way into tearing apart the federal judiciary and several large government agencies, I might have to actually buy a Tesla

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

GD_American posted:

If Elon dumb-dumbs himself into a precedent-establishing court victory against golden parachutes the way Trump dumb-dumbed his way into tearing apart the federal judiciary and several large government agencies, I might have to actually buy a Tesla

Maybe a Hot Wheels version. I'm not buying anything larger than 1:72 scale that says tesla on it.

I'd probably pick one up in walmart and leave it in the freezer section or next to the 2000 flushes tablets.

E: are micro machines still made?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

GD_American posted:

He won't.

Any exec employment agreement worth its salt will carefully spell out the reasons and process for terminating someone for cause. "I hate these guys" ain't it and "they breached their fiduciary duty" won't fly because they just transferred $44B from Elon Musk to their (previous) shareholders.

If Elon really hated one fuckin guy in particular he probably could have come up with a pretext, but dumping all of them before the ink is dry and shouting "for cause" is a pattern that ain't gonna fly unless something really wild was going on.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Oh believe me I know it is dumbness on a level of "no takebacks", but I've been wrong plenty of times in the last decade about how loving dumb the world could get

brains
May 12, 2004

probably not a good idea to get into this kind of fight with the c suite that literally just finished clowning him into paying 44 billion for their company lmao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I hope that the executives do get the money they’re owned, but only after Elon drags this things out for years, racks up ludicrous legal fees, and is ordered to pay the plaintiff’s fees.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

brains posted:

probably not a good idea to get into this kind of fight with the c suite that literally just finished clowning him into paying 44 billion for their company lmao

He didn't get clowned into this he set this up to look like the "victim" until he had no choice but to invade.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

nullscan posted:

Itaewon is definitely not built for crowds like this. I would have thought that it would lessen after Yongsan Garrison closed up (well, mostly) and moved south to Humphreys but that crowd is way wilder than when I lived there in from 2014-16.

Glad I opted to go to dinner locally and stay away from the big party areas. Also I'm too old for Itae now.

It's still extremely popular with English-speaking expats. A Welsh alcoholic I used to work with made a point to go there every time we were in Seoul, and would show up the next morning smelling like a college frat house on Sunday morning.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

On the plus side, whatever court fees these fucks will pay fighting over parachutes worth more than most people make in their lifetimes will probably be the most taxes theyve paid to the government in years

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

He didn't get clowned into this he set this up to look like the "victim" until he had no choice but to invade.

The expansion of Twitter's content moderation policy (led by the US) is wholly responsible for this. We need to respect Elon's insecurity concerns, particularly since there may be other Musk fans currently using Twitter that are being silenced.

Besides, we all know Twitter and Tesla are the same technology. They've shared an alphabetical first letter going back over a dozen years. That's why Musk is bringing in Tesla engineers and reorienting Twitter's software to bring it in line with Tesla standards.

Also, ignore the thousands of Twitter personnel fleeing to other companies. They don't have what it takes to stay and earn for Dear Leader.

psydude fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 30, 2022

brains
May 12, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

he talked himself into a colossal business blunder and these people rightly raked him over the loving coals when he sobered up and tried to back out. and he's now delivered yet another opportunity for the same.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I feel bad for all the poo poo Kit gets dumped on her, especially bcause CSPAMs admin post absolved them of being genocide deniers or secret Nazis.

Also he used the term manufacturing consent and I fear my brain would leak out of my ears.

I stumbled into CSPAM via the lepers colony day before yesterday, to a bunch of posters taking about how the Holodomor would have been way worse without the USSR, that did an admirable job of helping Ukraine it out.

So that's cool I guess.

E: Elon's hosed, firing people and trying to gently caress them out of 10s of millions is not a good idea.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Elon: HEY HILLARY MAYBE PAUL PELOSI WAS PARTIALLY RESPONSIBLE BECAUSE HE WAS DRUNK AS THE GAY BARS JUST CLOSED OR MAYBE THIS WAS A LOVERS QUARREL LOOK AT THIS RE: RE: FWD: FWD:

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1586720533764362240?t=eHElAOPVgF5ZIXbSAQnZTw&s=19

It's day 3, we're not even in the second business day yet! Elon's news diet is amazing.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I'd like to deactivate my Twitter account to help contribute to him hopefully abandoning the platform at a loss, but there's not really a great alternative that fits the same niche :(

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

my buddy got back to me, he was partying in Hongdae not Itaewon. He has friends that were there and it looked absolutely hellish, absolutely no space to move.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Cugel the Clever posted:

I'd like to deactivate my Twitter account to help contribute to him hopefully abandoning the platform at a loss, but there's not really a great alternative that fits the same niche :(

Just participate like I do - never tweet, block anyone advertising, ignore people that may be good but just contribute sadness, and block idiots.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cugel the Clever posted:

What do you actually need your account for?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

What do you actually need your account for?

So twitter doesn't ping you to constantly log in to see "restricted" tweets or whatnot. Scrolling twitter in a browser usually brings up a prompt to sign in or sign up that blocks the browser screen.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

So twitter doesn't ping you to constantly log in to see "restricted" tweets or whatnot. Scrolling twitter in a browser usually brings up a prompt to sign in or sign up that blocks the browser screen.

Incognito mode blocks that, only way I'll click a tweet.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's not worth it.

The billionaire owner of Twitter just promoted a fake news story justifying the attempted murder of political enemies. There is literally nothing on twitter worth supporting this for. Delete your account.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I used duckduckgo. Chrome is trash and ddg blocks a lot of ads.

E: I don't have a twitter account. Haven't since they tried to ping me for my phone number, so about 7 years now.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I’m on day 3 of no Twitter and it’s fine.

What really needs to happen is for the Kardashians and Obama to delete their accounts. That will get the ball rolling.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That will only make it parler with slightly more competent security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That will only make it parler with slightly more competent security.

How is that a bad thing? It was beyond saving even before.

this dude is so totally tone deaf and clueless.