Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

lol I just learned the hard way that you can’t sell all of your lava spheres oops

Keep one of everything that’s used for an unlock in the Storehouse imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Aerox posted:

Keep one of everything that’s used for an unlock in the Storehouse imo

Yeah I never thought about it lol. I guess I need to blow 1b on the red dragon to unlock it again

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

lol I just learned the hard way that you can’t shouldn't sell all of your lava spheres oops

:v:

Whoops! Someone here told me to immediately put both of my initial spheres into the storehouse to prevent mistakes like this.

Maybe edit that into the OP? Some critical tips about putting a few things into the storehouse?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Made 40B from spheres and then immediately spent it all on tower 110 and orchard expansion. We should at least get the other sphere tomorrow, although now I'm really out of achievable mastery in the short term, unless I want to void antlers exploring for leather.

e: about 3500 LN at emerald beach will get me puffer and seahorse, although I want to spend the rest of my nets during the event at PC.

Xerol fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 29, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Xerol posted:

Made 40B from spheres and then immediately spent it all on tower 110 and orchard expansion. We should at least get the other sphere tomorrow, although now I'm really out of achievable mastery in the short term, unless I want to void antlers exploring for leather.

You can uh send your old friend duckbar any antlers or nets burning a hole in your pocket.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

You can uh send your old friend duckbar any antlers or nets burning a hole in your pocket.

Hell same.

I have exactly one raptor lol

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
If you were me would you be trying to get the 1 billion crop row while the event is on or working on getting the pets I’m going to need levelled to open more things up (which is probably 2.5 billion to buy and max the frog and macaw)?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

andy_social posted:

If you were me would you be trying to get the 1 billion crop row while the event is on or working on getting the pets I’m going to need levelled to open more things up (which is probably 2.5 billion to buy and max the frog and macaw)?

I’d work on the row imo.

It’s a lot of exp and it the extra stuff adds up.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
What's the best first 10 B upgrade to get? Storehouse or farm?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Vasler posted:

What's the best first 10 B upgrade to get? Storehouse or farm?

Storehouse imo. The extra +2 per day adds up quickly.

Farm is nice but after hitting 99 I feel like extra rows is more convenience than necessity.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Storehouse imo. The extra +2 per day adds up quickly.

While I don’t have it yet I have to strongly agree.

Inventory definitely feels like it holds me back sometimes.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

andy_social posted:

Row if you aren't farming 99. Catapulting to farming 99 opens up a lot of new income sources. I had to save up more than a week for it and it was definitely worth it.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

What's the best way to get salt? I need 300 for Find a Way 5, so I'm hoping there's a better answer than "grind Black Rock Canyon and convert salt rock into salt at 50 salt rock per salt." I guess Red Dragon would help, but my fishing and explore levels are lagging way behind so I haven't unlocked it yet.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 30, 2022

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

LLSix posted:

What's the best way to get salt? I need 300 for Find a Way 5, so I'm hoping there's a better answer than "grind Black Rock Canyon and convert salt rock into salt at 50 salt rock per salt." I guess Red Dragon would help, but my fishing and explore levels are lagging way behind so I haven't unlocked it yet.

Whispering Creek is a better place if you have that unlocked, since you can pick up fruit to keep crafting juices to keep exploring (although the loop doesn't last forever). I sympathize with you on the salt grind - I just finished a quest for 2000 salt, and the follow-up asked for... another 2000 salt :/ But yeah, just keep exploring and crafting - you can't mail salt.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

LLSix posted:

Grind wandering creek for salt.

Salt is slow, don't make butter.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

drat, after selling all my orbs and opening my bags for stones, I'm still 25b short of the 100b storehouse upgrade. I have 1.5mil stamina, but churning it all into nets is taking forever (I've long since chugged my cider). This is still the best way to get silver for stam, right?

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

H110Hawk posted:

Grind wandering creek for salt.

Salt is slow, don't make butter.

One of the locked chests gives 10 salt per chest too.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
The row got me to 99 with 2 billion extra experience. Thanks for the feedback.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

General rule of thumb is prioritize storehouse over crop rows.

The exception is if you’re below level 99 and there’s an active event xp bonus.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
With a bit of effort tomorrow I should be able to hit 99\99\98\98 and I'm pretty sure my character is now diabetic from all the juice I've been chugging.

Pretty good from starting the event with everything in the high 80s!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

bbcisdabomb posted:

With a bit of effort tomorrow I should be able to hit 99\99\98\98 and I'm pretty sure my character is now diabetic from all the juice I've been chugging.

Pretty good from starting the event with everything in the high 80s!

Grind out that last exploring level if you can! Apparently Haunted House is almost 6x better xp than any other area, according to the dev (in some discord).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Grind out that last exploring level if you can! Apparently Haunted House is almost 6x better xp than any other area, according to the dev (in some discord).

drat I knew it was good but I didn't think it was that good.

Should I be trying to save up 500 jack o lanterns for after the event ends?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Hit T90 just in the nick of time it seems. Now I don't know, maybe I should actually work on some of these quests while I get a few more GMs going. I'm out of easy fishing GMs now, but have 6 less than 2000 LNs away.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I would grind there voiding everything to hit 99 if you need to, more or less.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ruggan posted:

I guess I'll do that but I'm almost out of everything. Only 300 OJ and 100 APs left but 6x is a mighty fine bonus.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MarcusSA posted:

Not sure what you’d need the jack o lanterns for.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Not sure what you’d need the jack o lanterns for.

Is the quest for 500 of them only temporary then? Someone posted it up thread.

bbcisdabomb posted:

I guess I'll do that but I'm almost out of everything. Only 300 OJ and 100 APs left but 6x is a mighty fine bonus.

lol yeah same. I’ll probably get to exploring 94 maybe before I’m completely out.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Read the in game update - quests disappear soonish.

Edit: I think I'm just going to "drink all" my OJ's. I have like a whole inventory of them in quests waiting for pickup and I'm just not feeling exploring at the moment. I'm below the efficiency cap but so what.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MarcusSA posted:

lol yeah same. I’ll probably get to exploring 94 maybe before I’m completely out.

Oh yeah, there are some temporary event quests for T100 people. See https://buddy.farm/i/jack-o-lantern/ (click on the quests below and it’ll indicate as much).

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Cool I just accidentally sold all my Geckos

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Philouza posted:

yow

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Philouza posted:

You can try reaching out to a Moderator or Support, they've fixed things like this in the past.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Philouza posted:

:negative:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MarcusSA posted:

Make sure you're eating all the apples you get from the house, it's a shitload of stamina. Then maybe use an auto clicker on a PC because manually exploring 60k+ stamina is murdering my thumbs even at 12 stamina per tap

E. If one of you is Koshmar in-game thank you for the ciders!

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 31, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bbcisdabomb posted:

Make sure you're eating all the apples you get from the house, it's a shitload of stamina. Then maybe use an auto clicker on a PC because manually exploring 60k+ stamina is murdering my thumbs even at 12 stamina per tap

E. If one of you is Koshmar in-game thank you for the ciders!

Yeah it’s a great return!

Just finished with everything and halfway through 94 so not bad overall

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Pushed through and got that 99 exploring! Only took, uhh, 120 ciders, 305 OJs, and 46 APs. Now to not think about exploring for at least a day.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah it’s a great return!

Just finished with everything and halfway through 94 so not bad overall

What's your IGN, I'll pass along some of my extra items.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

bbcisdabomb posted:

Pushed through and got that 99 exploring! Only took, uhh, 120 ciders, 305 OJs, and 46 APs. Now to not think about exploring for at least a day.

Seems like a lot to you now, but that’ll change.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Ruggan posted:

Seems like a lot to you now, but that’ll change.

Yeah…

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bbcisdabomb posted:

It’s MarcusSA same as here and thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Klungar posted:

You can try reaching out to a Moderator or Support, they've fixed things like this in the past.

This was good advice, support unsold them for me. Thanks!