Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Slaapaav posted:

why is it seen as homophobia when a man from turkey doesnt want to endorse homosexuality in public? its merely self preservation imho?

why is this loving probe worthy?

I mean he said 'I fully understand the importance of this action, but because of my religious beliefs, I don't feel the right person to support this' which strikes me as having a disapproving attitude towards gay people rather than 'im Turkish'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

JohnCompany posted:

Because it's nothing but an apology for homophobia clothed in a disingenuous hypothetical?

Sigh. Corporations having total power to make you wear political slogans: fine. Even considering the idea that anyone, worldwide, is not on board with one armband campaign: homophobia.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

wooger posted:

Sigh. Corporations having total power to make you wear political slogans: fine. Even considering the idea that anyone, worldwide, is not on board with one armband campaign: homophobia.

He didn't get made to wear the slogan! Nobody did! He got exactly what he wanted and you're still kicking off about it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looking forward to dozens more posts exactly like this one when Harry kane gets his passport taken off him in Qatar for wearing rainbow laces and an armband in clear contravention of some statute or other

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

wooger posted:

The two sexualities: straight and “political”

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

wooger posted:

Good job the corporation didn't have total power to make him wear the armband, then

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
If there was anything a corporation would willingly try to force it wouldn’t be a social good.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

the sex ghost posted:

Looking forward to dozens more posts exactly like this one when Harry Kane gets his passport taken off him in Qatar for wearing rainbow laces and an armband in clear contravention of some statute or other

And poppy season before that.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Big Ferg(ie) is no longer givin a horse a handbeezy - Rock of Gibraltar has died

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rock-of-gibraltar-dies-manunited-25345393

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Slaapaav posted:

why is it seen as homophobia when a man from turkey doesnt want to endorse homosexuality in public? its merely self preservation imho?

why is this loving probe worthy?

lmao do you seriously not see how hosed up it is to compare wearing a rainbow armband to promote LGBT rights, to wearing an armband to promote taking rights away from a group of people?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
These days if you wear an armband the deep state will abduct you and make you watch the Turkish super league

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

These days if you wear an armband the deep state will abduct you and make you watch the Turkish super league

Come to besiktas

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He was wearing boots that said gently caress the Tories

https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/status/1584828889771245569?t=kjt3Mc3AlPfnkGzonIG7rw&s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can’t believe a corporation forced him to wear a political message smh

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I tell you, there's some people, they just wear a armband and they think they're doin' something? Not me. I talk the talk, and I walk the walk, baby.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ryan and Rob: “what’s a Tory?”

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

wooger posted:

I don't think you thought your posts or this situation through very well

Those two American actor owners should go gently caress themselves, along with the tories

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

No it means free the tories. If you think it means gently caress you're projecting and that's on you

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

ilmucche posted:

No it means free the tories. If you think it means gently caress you're projecting and that's on you

Pretty sure it was gently caress the Tories but it was meant as a statement of support for Liz truss

Shroud
May 11, 2009

cagliostr0 posted:

Pretty sure it was gently caress the Tories but it was meant as a statement of support for Liz truss

When did Rooney sign for Wrexham?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The two sexualities: straight and “political”

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Has anyone considered the feelings of the homophobes in all of this?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Has anyone considered the feelings of the homophobes in all of this?

yes, the Dutch FA

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

the sex ghost posted:

Looking forward to dozens more posts exactly like this one when Harry kane gets his passport taken off him in Qatar for wearing rainbow laces and an armband in clear contravention of some statute or other

He'll be arrested for being English, and that's fine.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Vinestalk posted:

I don't think you thought your posts or this situation through very well

Those two American actor owners should go gently caress themselves, along with the tories

One of the owners is actually Canadian :eng101:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Dries Mertens.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

stab posted:

Rob McElhenny is from Philly so he's barely human, let alone American.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

what if my sports brand is called “f—- the tories” , it’s like an off shoot of fcuk you see

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

stab posted:

He's american now, he got his citizenship.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Jel Shaker posted:

what if my sports brand is called “f—- the tories” , it’s like an off shoot of fcuk you see

Currently wearing my

"Ifcukin8arsenal" shirt I bought at White Hart Lane like 14 years ago, haven't thought of that brand since.

Top notch, thanks for the laugh.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/dannywhite93/status/1586361018740940800?s=20&t=0yR-pBufifKAtUawL4CqBQ

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don’t know where to put this because the doppelgängers thread is dead, but :stare:

https://dailynewsreported.com/car-wax/dallas-man-ruptures-his-wifes-bladder-by-blasting-an-airhorn-in-her-vagina/

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Wayne Rooney twin brother aside, for some reason the ridiculousness of that article is giving me flashbacks to the 15-ish year old story of some couple deciding to butt-chug wine and the dude died after basically taking a full two-bottle enema and ending up with a BAC of about 0.5.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Is that like the US version of the Daily Star because "He claims the whole incident is a misunderstanding and that it has been blown out of proportion. Peggy plans to file for divorce" is such an obviously comedic line

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Is that like the US version of the Daily Star because "He claims the whole incident is a misunderstanding and that it has been blown out of proportion. Peggy plans to file for divorce" is such an obviously comedic line

Dunno looks 100% serious to me

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

franks posted:

Dunno looks 100% serious to me

Yeah I'm a dumbass

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Blown out of proportion is an incredible choice of words in the circumstances

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Big John Carew who's gonna score one or two has been sentenced to 14 months in prison for tax evasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Which is between 1 and 2 (years in prison)