Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

ghosthorse posted:

Not to go too far off topic but Hyundai's new prototype is like a DeLorean if they kept making them every year

Except good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

ghosthorse posted:

Not to go too far off topic but Hyundai's new prototype is like a DeLorean if they kept making them every year

They should call it the ReLorean!!

blacksocks
Feb 20, 2007

If the joke is the Delorean sucks then I didn't get it and my friends didn't get it. I still think it looks cool now! And Doc says "with style" not "with a whole lot of horses under the hood."

You make a good point about the car not starting though. Wasn't there a kill switch that Marty didn't know about? Or am I inventing that?

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Everyone at the school making fun of Marty's chest rig and harem pants.

Marty returns to the present to find his neighbourhood gentrified.

"Who's president in 2025?" "Dwayne Johnson!" "The actor???"

Biff is a trans catgirl.

Surely Biff would be an alt-right YouTuber. George McFly would be more apt as a trans catgirl who writes Tumblr fanfic.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Hello!? HELLO, MissKawaii! I thought I told you never to come in here!"

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

ghosthorse posted:

Gonna scrape the hell out of that thing every time I pull into the gas station

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

boofhead posted:

What's the deal with the hate for the witcher series on netflix anyway? I've played the 3 main games, read all the books, and watched the series, and I don't get the hate. It's a decent show, the books are so-so, the games are pretty great -- is there something I'm missing or is it all just impotent nerd rage because it's not 1000% faithful to the books or games? I remember when the casting came out there was also a lot of racism going on, is this just more of the same garbage internet outrage? I really haven't been keeping track so I was a bit surprised to hear that Cavill left

settle down beavis

geralt is only an action character

his actor just needs to look the part and wave a sword and grunt every now and then

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Surely Biff would be an alt-right YouTuber. George McFly would be more apt as a trans catgirl who writes Tumblr fanfic.

Biff is already Trump

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

dialhforhero posted:

It’s even funnier when you realize the trunk is under the massive hood and the engine is in the back. I think it only had a paltry 110hp or something massively underpowered.

It was essentially a classic VW Beetle engine put in a sports-car.

Every single point here is 100% correct, they are absolute dogshit cars

But enough about Porsche

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

mind the walrus posted:

Fuckable != Good

Like it's cool. I'm straight and I'd gently caress him. He's gorgeous. But like, we have a decade of him in movies. We know his range. Be honest with yourself here. Not me, just yourself.

Dude. I don't know how to tell you this :ironicat: but this is not a heterosexual thing to say.

Anyhow, a meme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBCYvoC4muc

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Everyone knew Deloreans were poo poo back then and it was absolutely the intended joke. A few years later the kid that drove a Delorean to my high school got made fun of for driving a poo poo car that stranded him at school multiple times until he just changed cars

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

freeedr posted:

Everyone knew Deloreans were poo poo back then and it was absolutely the intended joke. A few years later the kid that drove a Delorean to my high school got made fun of for driving a poo poo car that stranded him at school multiple times until he just changed cars

Sounds like your high school sucked

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

freeedr posted:

Everyone knew Deloreans were poo poo back then and it was absolutely the intended joke.

I mean, it wasn't. All the footage of the movie designers coming up with what car to use was them saying "It needs to be unique, something out of the ordinary, but still really cool."

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:nice:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That owns bones actually

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

"are deloreans cool?" the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

h ttps://mobile.twitter.com/yugopnik/status/1580905942883131394?t=fCqh2zVBOwy7xdbdSVa6kg&s=19

MOD EDIT: maybe let's not put up a meme with the japanese imperial flag

E: yikes, yeah that is problematic.

CopperHound has a new favorite as of 17:45 on Nov 5, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In what universe is that what drivers think

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Dude. I don't know how to tell you this :ironicat: but this is not a heterosexual thing to say.

Anyhow, a meme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBCYvoC4muc

Haha the same guy made Klämrisk Hero

e: Holyshit he makes live performances of C64 game soundtracks, to a roaring audience

e2: and he turned a C64 into a Theremin (with a spoon, a clamp, and six more components)

what a guy :swoon:

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 16:13 on Oct 30, 2022

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_who_have_sex_with_men

Just because you have sex with other men doesn't mean you can't identify as heterosexual.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can wear a big hat on top of a smaller hat.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

RFC2324 posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_who_have_sex_with_men

Just because you have sex with other men doesn't mean you can't identify as heterosexual.

Well I'll be damned, learnt a new perspective

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

This is cool as hell

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

RFC2324 posted:

:psyduck:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Man I know when I come to the memes thread I want to read a multipage thread consisting of DeLorean chat! Super interesting!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
b& for posting about posting

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Man I know when I come to the memes thread I want to read a multipage thread consisting of DeLorean chat! Super interesting!

Don't worry, I'm doing my best to derail that into "what actually IS heterosexual anyway, maaaaan"

This is derail valley, after all

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ew

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

ghosthorse posted:

This thing is fuckin rad lookin tho.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8vzIRQLLM

ice-t already settled this for us

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

boofhead posted:

What's the deal with the hate for the witcher series on netflix anyway? I've played the 3 main games, read all the books, and watched the series, and I don't get the hate. It's a decent show, the books are so-so, the games are pretty great -- is there something I'm missing or is it all just impotent nerd rage because it's not 1000% faithful to the books or games? I remember when the casting came out there was also a lot of racism going on, is this just more of the same garbage internet outrage? I really haven't been keeping track so I was a bit surprised to hear that Cavill left

I haven't watched the second season, but the first season was pretty embarrassingly inconsistent given the budget. Individual episodes were good or sometimes great, but others were worse than the shittiest 1990s fantasy shlock. The episode about going up the mountain to find some dragons stands out as particularly bad.

Also the show jumped around in time constantly but featured ageless characters (and they forgot to age up/down the one human character who would actually age), so unless you had read the books you were often left pretty confused about the characters motivations in any particular episode. They signalled the time jumps well enough through dialogue or exposition for people to piece together the overarching story, but it still didn't work well for someone who hadn't read the books.

Also, the standard "too woke" complaints of the usual crowd who don't want anything in their media other than white actors, power fantasy straight cis men, and simpering sexy women as scene dressing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The witcher tv show had a lot of problems but was perfectly fine for some lazy watchin'

It won't be without Cavill, though

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BonHair posted:

For those of us who are not car pilled, why do you need all those horsepowers anyway? As long as you can go the speed limit with 4 guys, isn't that enough?

It’s like having really low ping times

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BonHair posted:

For those of us who are not car pilled, why do you need all those horsepowers anyway? As long as you can go the speed limit with 4 guys, isn't that enough?

Going brrm is fun op

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

blacksocks posted:

If the joke is the Delorean sucks then I didn't get it and my friends didn't get it. I still think it looks cool now! And Doc says "with style" not "with a whole lot of horses under the hood."

You make a good point about the car not starting though. Wasn't there a kill switch that Marty didn't know about? Or am I inventing that?

Pretty much the entire reason the Delorean is remembered at all is that BttF made it look so cool

Also as someone who lived through the 80's cars not starting was pretty normal, cars just used to suck rear end and I have many memories of being stranded in parking lots when I was a kid with my dad trying to figure out what was wrong with our random shitbox

Like modern car computers adjust 100 little parameters to keep the car running right that all used to be some analog poo poo you had to turn and tweak and get just right for the car to actually fuckin work

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

MunchE posted:

Pretty much the entire reason the Delorean is remembered at all is that BttF made it look so cool

Also as someone who lived through the 80's cars not starting was pretty normal, cars just used to suck rear end and I have many memories of being stranded in parking lots when I was a kid with my dad trying to figure out what was wrong with our random shitbox

Like modern car computers adjust 100 little parameters to keep the car running right that all used to be some analog poo poo you had to turn and tweak and get just right for the car to actually fuckin work

And yet we redesigned all of society's infrastructure and city design to accommodate these things

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

bike tory posted:

Also the show jumped around in time constantly but featured ageless characters (and they forgot to age up/down the one human character who would actually age), so unless you had read the books you were often left pretty confused about the characters motivations in any particular episode. They signalled the time jumps well enough through dialogue or exposition for people to piece together the overarching story, but it still didn't work well for someone who hadn't read the books.

If you get to the second season (which is much better and all the timeline bullshit is cleared up) they have an absolutely stellar joke about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean it's true, people identify as all sorts of things they aren't. Like "funny" and "knowledgeable"