Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

For real, if SA MOTU Fan #1 thinks that poo poo is bad it gotta be bad.

I keep looking at it and noticing things that don't quite work.

The body proportions seem off, like the waist is too high up, but that might just be the loincloth riding too high. The style isn't really internally consistent, it's got this weird mix of "realistic" and cartoon elements like the blocky plastic hair on his head but then faux fur on the clothes, and the high-detail rubber body that's supposed to look realistic clashes with all the low-detail accessories that are supposed to look like cell animation.

A few posts ago in reference to the new Street Fighter toys I said something about not being a big enough Street Fighter fan to buy expensive high-end toys OR lovely ones, and I was just kinda making a joke but I do think there's something to that. If you're a big enough fan of a given thing you can forgive flaws in the merchandise to some extent, because it's still that thing you like and you want all the stuff. Sometimes bad merchandise is funny, like that old 60's Star Trek branded helmet with a siren on top, or the lewd C-3PO tape dispenser. But as the poet Huey Lewis once said: sometimes bad is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
He doesn't have that classic He-Man squat, barrel chest, bowed arms, and goofy smile.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I don’t need it.

I don’t need it.

Goddammit I do not need it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno what it is but it looks heavy as poo poo. Neat though.

Ah. If it works as a phone too, that's cool. Etsy just had the watch itself with no phone and it's 💸💸💸. You probably don't need it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 29, 2022

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

gregday posted:

I don’t need it.

I don’t need it.

Goddammit I do not need it.

gonna need a yellow trenchcoat next.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Man, y'all went all-in on that He-Man. I was being nice (though I am not sure why.)

There was a overseas ComicCon and some cool stuff was posted. I'll share a few...

https://twitter.com/ZakuFan0079/status/1586326398628925440?s=20&t=kuBwdtEYKSp4yqfEmFGWUw

https://twitter.com/ZakuFan0079/status/1586330426406158336?s=20&t=kuBwdtEYKSp4yqfEmFGWUw

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 29, 2022

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hah, of course they'd announce Big Ben at that con thing. Even better, it seems they're doing Shadow Tracker too, who's basically a Cobra dude cosplaying as a Predator, he's dope as gently caress.

My lack of interest in the Black Series is gonna get severely tested by Bastila, Malak, and duster coat Aphra.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All the male TB League bodies have those weird proportions, but they're pretty much the only game in town for seamless ones.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Goddamn do most Joes just have the most boring-rear end Army Man designs, just shameful poo poo. Maybe I'm biased but Cobra has always had the more interesting character designs.

Big Ben? More like "big guy in a gas mask."

if you like Joe designs that is also OK.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Goddamn do most Joes just have the most boring-rear end Army Man designs, just shameful poo poo. Maybe I'm biased but Cobra has always had the more interesting character designs.

if you like Joe designs that is also OK.

The villains always have the best designs

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Grabbed the Revolution Matt Trakker, that scale will look pretty good with the hero display I think. I have Quicksilver and Dargon on preorder, that should do it for the display think.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I never paid much attention to the lore but I'm pretty sure most of the GI Joes I bought back in the day were bad guys.

BBTS sent an email today saying the Thundertank is expected to arrive in January. That's something where I'm so amazed it's happening at all, even having a real date attached seems crazy.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
After that lame event earlier this week, these new announcements for Black Series were so refreshing.

I’m gonna need all of these!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Something about Mara looks off, but I’m down for Malak and Bastila.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hell yeah, now we just need a good Wolfsbane and X-Factor is done.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Awesome. I've been hoping for a Bastilla and Malak forever. Love those games, and Jedi Revan is still my favorite Black Series figure.

Still no HK-47, but that HK-87 coming next year looks nice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I kinda like my joes right between “realistic” and “gaudy as hell” gold red cape commander and pimp daddy Destro are perfect but the sepator the snake bike guy and the two twins are too far for me lol

Stalker looks bad rear end af

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nanigans posted:

After that lame event earlier this week, these new announcements for Black Series were so refreshing.

What is this Stormtrooper? A game one or a tv show?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s my OC do not steal

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Shiroc posted:

What is this Stormtrooper? A game one or a tv show?

It’s from the recent main line comics. There’s a squad of special forces Stormtroopers who all have unique armor and gear and he’s one of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Something about Mara looks off, but I’m down for Malak and Bastila.

It's her eyes, but it's also probably the angle of whoever took the photo of a screen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

That turned out really nice. drat.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

CelticPredator posted:

I kinda like my joes right between “realistic” and “gaudy as hell” gold red cape commander and pimp daddy Destro are perfect but the sepator the snake bike guy and the two twins are too far for me lol

Stalker looks bad rear end af

Cobra's deffo got the more fun and interesting character designs but I don't mind a green army dude if it's done well as they usually find ways to spruce it up, add some flair, etc. I always liked Footloose, the dude had a nice forest-y camo thing going on and big dumb helmet with a load of leaves on it. Tunnel Rat was another neat one, all do-rag, torches and ammo belts, and a backpack almost as big as him.

Anyway, this is what Shadow Tracker looked like in 4". As well as the bow and knife, he came with a machete, a weird axe thing, spear, and a trapping net. Hopefully the Classified version will come with just as much stuff.

Note the mask was glued on but some took theirs off and underneath was a cool, hosed up skinless skullface. Lovely.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, those are like the perfect 3 figures to get to buy some Black Series.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

Cobra's deffo got the more fun and interesting character designs but I don't mind a green army dude if it's done well as they usually find ways to spruce it up, add some flair, etc. I always liked Footloose, the dude had a nice forest-y camo thing going on and big dumb helmet with a load of leaves on it. Tunnel Rat was another neat one, all do-rag, torches and ammo belts, and a backpack almost as big as him.

Anyway, this is what Shadow Tracker looked like in 4". As well as the bow and knife, he came with a machete, a weird axe thing, spear, and a trapping net. Hopefully the Classified version will come with just as much stuff.

Note the mask was glued on but some took theirs off and underneath was a cool, hosed up skinless skullface. Lovely.
I have no knowledge of this dude, but I love all the crazy characters in G.I. Joe.

The weird axe thing is a Mambele (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mambele). There used to be a show on Spike TV that tested historical weapons on gel torsos, and I remembered this from there, haha.

I'm working on doing the same thing, but was planning on all Super 7. I kinda like the mixed scale / line here though. Nice!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks, eventually if/when i have my life in order I will invest in a shelf specifically for this display.

I wanted to try and get close to how this would look with original toys, all different heights and scales. I have the Nacelle Dargon (Sectaurs) preordered as well as the Super 7 Quicksilver (Silverhawks). I want to put QS in a flight stand so he straddles the height/size gap. And just for funsies I might toss a Tenderheart Bear on there.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Re: boring Joes vs cool Cobra, here's mine. The cool looking ones outnumber the boring ones

I really need better lighting in this old-rear end house.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Is that the printed Voltron you were messing with? It says a lot that I can't tell if it's printed or factory. That looks amazing!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No that's the 2017 Playmates release. I only have about half the components for the Black Lion printed so far.

And thanks!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

No that's the 2017 Playmates release. I only have about half the components for the Black Lion printed so far.

And thanks!

You should just print a giant head of the Blue Lion, then always photograph it next to the other figures so it looks like it's connected to an entirely massive Voltron

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

You should just print a giant head of the Blue Lion, then always photograph it next to the other figures so it looks like it's connected to an entirely massive Voltron

poo poo.

I wish i'd thought of that before spending so much time on this thing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I aim to do a very similar thing but with bad guys

Won't be near as impressive with the size but still, unless someone KOs Unicron

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm now fighting the urge to start buying corresponding baddies.

but there's no ROBEAST figures

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I too got Halloween clone trooper today. It's a real shame he's only black-light responsive and not actually glow-in-the-dark. For the price you'd think they'd have used some GITD paint.

I also grabbed the Hammond Collection T-rex with the 25% off one toy cartwheel coupon plus the free $5 gift card when you by $25 worth of toys coupon. Effectively brought the old girl down to $33, which is perfect for that figure. Sure, she's hollow, but she's huge and super articulate and has a ton of personality.

Now I'm good on that line until they make a carnotaurus...

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

poo poo.

I wish i'd thought of that before spending so much time on this thing.

Didn't we have a whole conversation about that a few days ago? Of course I suggested the Yellow Lion, but that's just personal preference.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Didn't we have a whole conversation about that a few days ago? Of course I suggested the Yellow Lion, but that's just personal preference.

Did we? my adjusted meds might be mucking with my memory.

i need to order filament

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Hey gregday, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2R1krLUP6k

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1586808365531168768?s=46&t=tV9DFMg0RdAv8tK2RQSeFg

https://twitter.com/JoeFisto/status/1586819752227479552?s=20&t=qHAOYbl9XZaDwoeK6fg0og

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sentry with guns is my favorite thing.