Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Donkey Kong Country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dragon Quest - never actually finished a any Dragon Quest game before. It feels a lot less grindy when you're playing on a phone at work.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

51) Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gracious/Glorious are really annoying

For a second I thought you meant as words to type in TotD

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Ape Escape 2

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Amnesia: Rebirth. boring

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Visage

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

84)Tinykin

Tried to go for the 100% but the game dropped some achievement triggers so I wasn't going to bother if it wasn't going to matter in the end anyway.

Also, absolutely wild ending, what in the gently caress was that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tinykin ftw. Gonna win my Bob's Indie Treasure Impy this year for sure.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Final Fantasy V - Pixel Remaster
2. Monster Hunter Rise (first credits)
3. Elden Ring
4. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Hard Mode (all main missions)
5. Ghostwire: Tokyo - hard, all side missions, all yokai
6. Chrono Trigger - All Sidequests
7. Death Stranding
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - 4p co-op (Michelangelo)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
10. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
11. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
12. Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
13. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
14. Super Mario RPG
15. Resident Evil 4
16. Dead Space
17. Dead Space 2
18. Dead Space 3 + Awakening

This is a miserable piece of poo poo game. What a waste.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

It's been almost 10 years since the last time I played this so I'd forgotten a few details. Still a masterpiece and has aged better than probably any PSX game. Coming off some of these classic Castlevania games it's too easy but that's a small quibble. I played the version bundled with Rondo that has a new translation and voice acting. A lot of it works better, but I missed Harry Mason Dracula and some of the corny lines from the original version.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Ghostrunner: incredibly tedious and annoying as a game about wall running and taking out bad guys had also featured really "sticky" movement. i kept getting stuck to walls and doing poo poo i didnt mean to do about 100% of the time, and i didn't find most of the enemy encounters fun to figure out. sometimes traversing the cyberpunk city was cool and nice to look at but it wasn't enough to warrant picking this up since it was on sale. i feel im getting infected with fail game AIDS as every game i've played since getting a 4090 has either sucked or i didn't like it. might have to just replay dragon quest XI for the cure

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

demon's crest best ending. god drat thr last boss was tough, cool game otherwise. now to do the last password

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

Ghostrunner: incredibly tedious and annoying as a game about wall running and taking out bad guys had also featured really "sticky" movement. i kept getting stuck to walls and doing poo poo i didnt mean to do about 100% of the time, and i didn't find most of the enemy encounters fun to figure out. sometimes traversing the cyberpunk city was cool and nice to look at but it wasn't enough to warrant picking this up since it was on sale. i feel im getting infected with fail game AIDS as every game i've played since getting a 4090 has either sucked or i didn't like it. might have to just replay dragon quest XI for the cure

It was on PS+ so I tried it for a little bit and did not care for it much.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

holy poo poo the password boss

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

don't think I'm beating this mofo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

44) Bayonetta 3 - Expert Mode

Mostly golds, loved it overall. Most of my issues are first playthrough only related so I can't wait to learn this game and get good

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

23. Astlibra Mini Gaiden (hard mode)

It's a roguelike spinoff made from the first 5 chapters of the original freeware game. Doesn't play as smooth as Revision but the bones are the same so still a pretty good time. Unlocking everything gets too grindy at the end so I just beat the last boss and called it.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Silver Case

The game part of it sucks and I'm real confused, but fun confused.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Typing of the Dead

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Wiping of the Bread (between my rear end cheeks) - didn’t go for very hard but I felt I accomplished something nonetheless.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Saturnalia: awesome horror/mystery roguelike when you navigate multiple characters and solve the mystery that is the town they're all in. all whilst being randomly stalked by a Creepy Creature. if all your characters die the roads of the village randomize and you have to relearn where places are which sounds like a pain but the village is small and cramped giving it a short claustrophobic experience rather than long boring roads which would make traveling a chore. following the story lines in the game was really fun and planning out what to do depending on what characters special ability didn't feel stale or tacked on. playtime was about 6 hours and I got a B ranking at the end. fact that this game was free off epic is insane

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

36. The Typing of the Dead

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

85)SOK MIN

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SOK MINuts :D

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

symbolic posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

symbolic posted:

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

symbolic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVorjJCNCFQ

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

symbolic posted:

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

symbolic posted:

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

symbolic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Bayonetta 3, normal. it’s good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

86)boxlife

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight
13) Intravenous
14) The Hong Kong Massacre
15) Shadwen
16) The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes (5/5 characters survived, no curator hints)

This was pretty good! Glad I bought into the TDP Anthology. I perhaps should've started with the first, but the more military-operation-gone-wrong vibe sounded too good to wait for, so I started with this one for my Halloween game. (Well, Halloween plus the next couple of days anyway, heh)
I got pretty lucky - only one person was injured due to me messing up (I always seem to hit the button immediately, for those sound/'keep quiet' QTEs and botch it) but otherwise it was a pretty clean run. Salim got to go home to his son, Eric and Rachel got back together, and Jason+Nick kept bro'ing it up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

symbolic posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Donkey Kong Country 2 - way harder than the first game. the graphics make it hard to tell where the edge of a platform is and your hitbox is huge. I didn't collect all the jinjos