Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

2010:

Republicans gained seven seats in the Senate (including a special election held in January 2010) but failed to gain a majority in the chamber. In the House of Representatives, Republicans won a net gain of 63 seats, the largest shift in seats since the 1948 elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shear Modulus posted:

Did they embed bates?
they didn't even embed Ducklo!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

2010:

Republicans gained seven seats in the Senate (including a special election held in January 2010) but failed to gain a majority in the chamber. In the House of Representatives, Republicans won a net gain of 63 seats, the largest shift in seats since the 1948 elections.

Obama ftw.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Willa Rogers posted:

what's the next-worse step from a "shellacking"? Because it'd sure be something if dems topped their 2010 congressional losses.

an rear end kicking, clearly

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
schlonged, obviously.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Willa Rogers posted:

what's the next-worse step from a "shellacking"? Because it'd sure be something if dems topped their 2010 congressional losses.

schlonging

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

Double Obama'd

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

obummered

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

obmna

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

GOP pollster

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

COPE poster

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tarnop posted:

COPE poster

They do a lot of that, :agreed:

A little over 8 more days :toot:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Tarnop posted:

COPE poster

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willa Rogers posted:

encased in lucite

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

personally I'm hoping for 70+, and secretly gunning for triple digits

I have nothing to back that up but schadenfreude, of course, but it sure sounds good

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

truthfully with such a slim Dem majority already, it would have to be the beatdown of all time to achieve those numbers, but a guy can hope

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'd never seen the real photo but it makes sense since "look at joe eat ice cream isn't he relatable" is about 50% of Biden's public appearances these days

Sometimes I remember that bit about giving Alzheimer's patients ice cream because it keeps them peaceful and have myself a little chuckle

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can't relate to Joe eating an ice cream cone because they're too expensive.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Stop not-Arzying

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm doing my part to get out the vote. Told my ultra conservative dad who's usually too lazy to vote that there's a chance Patty Murray might lose.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Ardennes posted:

Well, I would say effectively hold it up, their line at least is that they are doing a great job at uphold the system. It is just that since both sides are completely incompetent/captured, the results aren’t that different.

Arguably, Biden’s advisors thought Ukraine was going to be some type of great investment that was going to keep the US in power for generations to come. It just backfired as much as everything the Democrats do.

i think they succeeded in ukraine. europe has been cut off from russia, will pay for more expensive american fuel and rejuvenate american business, and will firmly remain under american military and political domination for the foreseeable future

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mila kunis posted:

i think they succeeded in ukraine. europe has been cut off from russia, will pay for more expensive american fuel and rejuvenate american business, and will firmly remain under american military and political domination for the foreseeable future

yea but this came at the price of alienating the rest of the world, and as we can now plainly see europe is a ridiculous fake continent with a fake economy anyway, so is it really worth it?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

mila kunis posted:

Eh, there is plenty of unhappiness in Europe with the way things are going and with the economic carnage that is occurring it is probably going to weaken America’s hold in the long run. Japan also may not be much of a help in the future with the hit it is taking.

Arguably all of this is accelerating the United States’ decline.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
its good to have cucked underlings that go full fash at the first sign of internal trouble

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Wasn't the NY governor behind that absurdly corrupt bills stadium scandal? Lol if she manages to lose

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

FuzzySlippers posted:

Wasn't the NY governor behind that absurdly corrupt bills stadium scandal? Lol if she manages to lose

looking forward to many such lols next tuesday

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The challenge is still pretty far behind, but at a certain point, if even NY is under threat, but not a great sign.

(Just imagine how bad MTA could get under a Republican govenor, jfc)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

2010:

No way this year can top that. Ds have such an easy Senate map they could gain seats, at worse it'll be a few R pickup

This'll be closer to 2018 with a big house swing and not much in the Senate. Edit : that was +41 d in house, +2 r in Senate, +7 d in govs

What's important though is a bunch of remapped competitive seats might end up with R incumbents for the next 8 years

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 13:37 on Oct 31, 2022

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

No way this year can top that. Ds have such an easy Senate map they could gain seats, at worse it'll be a few R pickup

This'll be closer to 2018 with a big house swing and not much in the Senate. Edit : that was +41 d in house, +2 r in Senate, +7 d in govs

What's important though is a bunch of remapped competitive seats might end up with R incumbents for the next 8 years

Yeah, but actually losing the senate in what should be a good year..isn't a good sign for the future. Also, it looks like the Republicans may actually take some governor positions.

Basically, the Democrats are putting themselves in the wilderness when they were already in a poor position in the first place then you have all the moves the Republicans are going to do to solidify their positions.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, but actually losing the senate in what should be a good year..isn't a good sign for the future. Also, it looks like the Republicans may actually take some governor positions.

Basically, the Democrats are putting themselves in the wilderness when they were already in a poor position in the first place then you have all the moves the Republicans are going to do to solidify their positions.

Yeah, if Rs are up 30 in the house, and up 2-3 (somehow) in the Senate then go into a good 2024 election , 60 Senate seats are in reach for them. But they won't be sworn in til 2025 so who cares!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FuzzySlippers posted:

The right wing guy is closing the gap and she has no base whatsoever, she's never won a state level election before, just a Cuomo appointee and prior to that, a right wing dem who managed one congressional term in 2011. She might lose lol. Because she hasn't killed enough homeless people yet, is the usual argument. Crime is out of control!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

she lost her Congressional seat to Chris Collins, a guy who plead guilty to an FBI investigation during a reelection campaign and still won by 20+ margin

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

she lost her Congressional seat to Chris Collins, a guy who plead guilty to an FBI investigation during a reelection campaign and still won by 20+ margin

this sounds like the type of winner who goes far in the democratic party

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bedpan posted:

this sounds like the type of winner who goes far in the democratic party

He was a Trump guy, first elected official to endorse the big man. Probably saw where the wind was blowing very early bc of his time serving the lovely small business owners of upstate new York.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

In Training posted:

He was a Trump guy, first elected official to endorse the big man. Probably saw where the wind was blowing very early bc of his time serving the lovely small business owners of upstate new York.
unironically cannot imagine a better political position to see the Trumo Train rolling at its earliest opportunity

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

looking forward to finding out if the far right candidate that the dems boosted to victory in the gop primary out here will win a house seat that has been held by republicans for longer than I've been alive

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Srice posted:

looking forward to finding out if the far right candidate that the dems boosted to victory in the gop primary out here will win a house seat that has been held by republicans for longer than I've been alive

well if living in a squad zone has showed me anything it's that you don't have to worry and they'll happily shovel money at wh atever rapist wants to try for their slot every two years

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i think even that lovely 538 site that shitlibs love has them back up to 50-50 for senate

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol the shitlibs out here in the KC metro running ads are all "we actually love cops more than republicans and we also hate china more"

one ad I saw was "my opponent says I want to defund the police. that's not true I actually want to give the police even more funding. why would he lie? because he sold land to his best friend Communist China"

i hope she loses lol (she will)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
The GOP has been flooding bad polls to mitigate the news coverage. If you look at all of these shockingly bad polls for Dems, it's almost guaranteed to be a GOP pollster or Rasmussen...

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1587029434644807680

Grandpa Palpatine has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Oct 31, 2022