Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
More master duel banlist updates in the last couple months than the tcg will get this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I honestly wouldn't be opposed to monthly banlists, given the nature of Master Duel. However, this one specifically kind of feels like tweaking things for the sake of it, without having a significant impact on the actual power level of things.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Terrible deck idea: The Creepy Manor With The Really Cute Staff, But No One Ever Leaves.

It's Invoked Dogmatika Shaddoll Dragonmaids.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

girl dick energy posted:

Terrible deck idea: The Creepy Manor With The Really Cute Staff, But No One Ever Leaves.

It's Invoked Dogmatika Shaddoll Dragonmaids.

I was just going to wait for the Labrynth cards to come out to make that deck.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Skios posted:

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to monthly banlists, given the nature of Master Duel. However, this one specifically kind of feels like tweaking things for the sake of it, without having a significant impact on the actual power level of things.

Yeah, I'm okay with frequent ban lists but they have to actually... ban... things... or make significant updates, hell, make updates. But this changes nothing. Except Striker's now more a pain in the rear end. Oh no, Branded Despia will have to remove 1 (One) whole Branded Opening, this will truly affect the deck... except Opening isn't even their power card. Flunder only get two maps now? Wow that sure does impact the deck's 10 ways to find it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm sad to lose consistency in Flunder, the fun deck that's already bricky as heck and loses to any 2 points of interaction.

https://twitter.com/Readyforduel/status/1581827905172037632

I'm glad the new ship is very strong.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The new ship is real!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Finally made it to Diamond I in the event for the frame. Still on Salamangreat.

Not too many differences, mostly just built a Phantazmay because I wanted it as a Crossout target and a second copy of Splash Mage so I could more easily make Heatsoul turn 1 and still have followup.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm sad to lose consistency in Flunder, the fun deck that's already bricky as heck and loses to any 2 points of interaction.
It's still probably better than it was before Advent.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's still probably better than it was before Advent.

Oh easily, it's just still like...the 4th or 5th best deck in the MD meta atm so I was poking fun at someone complaining that it wasn't hit hard enough

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So I hit Diamond 1 in the Link Regulation event and I can safely say

gently caress this event. The rewards are the worst they've ever been, nothing was done to limit the new "Not actually using Link" floodgate decks, the ranked change in general made the event stressful and hosed with my nerves a tonne. It didn't help my account is fairly new still so things like all the staples still elude me. I hate having to compete in a ladder while simultaneously competing in another, separate ladder, which has basically left no time to climb before the month is up, where as with Xyz/Synchro Fest and most other events you could do your quests, get the rewards you want and then peace out.

Also now I have to remember to play one jank rear end deck after playing a different jank rear end deck for 2 weeks.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Onmi posted:

So I hit Diamond 1 in the Link Regulation event and I can safely say

gently caress this event.

lol, I said that once I hit Plat V. I don't even want to imagine the sweat required to get to Diamond I.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah for some reason i started in silver even tho i made it to plat before it started? I thought it was supposed to start me in gold but oh well. I only have time to play a game or two a day so i just made it to gold lol and i have no drive to finish.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
They should offer cash prizes

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Charles Bukowski posted:

They should offer cash prizes

They're called gems

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

lol, I said that once I hit Plat V. I don't even want to imagine the sweat required to get to Diamond I.

I believe at one point I actually got so angry that I just started screaming. I think after that I pivoted from Lock-Talkers to Blind Second talkers. My biggest advice for the event is to go for a Blind Second deck, as DUMB as it sounds, Blind Second has a way higher win-rate than any other kind of deck in a Bo1 Link format.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 26, 2022

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I was thinking about powering through this event, but it sounds rough... I guess I can gut the Tri part of my deck and just play Ancient Warriors like I've done literally every other event.

It sucks cause I've been trying to talk myself into playing this dumb Athena Burn/Fairy Link deck with the new Agent and Semi'd Light Stage, but I just hyper focus on Maxx C/Nabiru and lose all urge to play.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Please don't play until you scream at the game, it can't be good for you. I want you to be well Onmi

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

If you're getting so mad you're actually screaming you should stop playing. Or if you're just not having fun in general. Really bad idea to keep doing something you don't enjoy for very little returns.

Like you entirely did this to yourself. It's no fault of the games

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I get it, it's an annoying format, and you have to play it, because you need gems or else you're not gonna be motivated to play in general. And there are caveats to make getting gems more annoying on top of it.

I am seeing some people get weird with it, at least. I ran into a SelfTK deck in Gold V somehow.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
if it sucks hit da bricks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Iserlohn posted:

I get it, it's an annoying format, and you have to play it, because you need gems or else you're not gonna be motivated to play in general. And there are caveats to make getting gems more annoying on top of it.

I am seeing some people get weird with it, at least. I ran into a SelfTK deck in Gold V somehow.

I just played floodgates when I got tired of Tri-B and Plant Link and Unchained Vtubers

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If you're getting so mad you're actually screaming you should stop playing. Or if you're just not having fun in general. Really bad idea to keep doing something you don't enjoy for very little returns.

Like you entirely did this to yourself. It's no fault of the games

I talk to Onmi out of concern for them because I like them. You're just a butt saying butt things from your butt mouth. Be nice dammit.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Iserlohn posted:

I think the bots put them up not realizing that this event was... not medals.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This event dropped at the wrong time cos currently I'm waist deep in Pathfinder

I got to D3 but I don't think I have the time or the inclination to go D1 before the event ends

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

This event dropped at the wrong time cos currently I'm waist deep in Pathfinder

I got to D3 but I don't think I have the time or the inclination to go D1 before the event ends

Oh, player campaign or the Kingmaker game?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Onmi posted:

Oh, player campaign or the Kingmaker game?

The Wrath of the Righteous game (from the same studio as Kingmaker), its Enhanced Edition just came out

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

The Wrath of the Righteous game (from the same studio as Kingmaker), its Enhanced Edition just came out

Oh, I was about to start vanilla Kingmaker soon since I just finished Arcanum and I play CRPGs and trip-report for my friend while she's at work. Enjoy!

Anyway, the icon is really nice like... I really wanted it, which is why I went that hard, but I can't imagine getting to Diamond 1 in 2 weeks with a major game to play, like even juggling Arcanum (And FFXIV) I still put way too much energy and frustration into this event. Which I don't recommend.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Onmi posted:

I think the bots put them up not realizing that this event was... not medals.

The missions still confer some gems for having duels, and if they got to Gold V, they won some games to get there, completing another line of missions.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Ive not played as much the last couple of months and I cannot get into this deck.

Ive also noticed, for the first time, keeping up to date with cards I may need from new releases etc is harder if you arent actively playing a lot to get 'free' gems. Kinda sucks but makes sense I guess.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What deck where.

Yes, if you do not pay or grind in a gatcha game you probably will not have a ton of resources to spend unfortunately.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
MD is very pretty, but it definitely doesn't really have much staying power to keep you playing once the easy gems run low. Basically just grinding ranked and then grinding the limited-time events that aren't very good. N/R at least was pretty nice because it was a very different format that you could easily build new decks for.

Syenite fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Oct 30, 2022

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, that’s been my one big lurch making the jump from Hearthstone, especially as a F2P player.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Compared to most f2p games ive played i actually find md pretty generous, i havent really been hamstrung in making a new deck a battlepass which is really all i want to do

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mandatory lesbian posted:

Compared to most f2p games ive played i actually find md pretty generous, i havent really been hamstrung in making a new deck a battlepass which is really all i want to do

The initial hump after you run out of free gems and build 1-2 decks is a bit rough, but I found that after enough time has passed and I collected enough daily gems to just spend on the new selection packs to build towards the new meta decks (floo, branded, swordsoul), and I could scrap the SR and UR cards I didn't need to fill in the gaps for Staple cards/extra deck cards/the couple of cards I was missing for a specific deck, and if I got an craving to play a specific one (like dinosaur) I would go to the secret pack that has most of the cards I want, craft an SR I need to unlock it, and do a few 10 pulls to get most of the cards and fill out the rest with crafts.

I also don't buy most of the cosmetics since you can only have one active, so I just stick with my favorite ones.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah I've found I get about 10k gems per month for free, which has always been enough to make any deck I want. It's actually gotten easier as I've developed my collection of staples.

The main issue I see is that anyone who missed some critical selection packs may struggle to make some of the newer meta decks, like Swordsoul or Despia.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
They really need to add secret packs for archtypes that introduced through selection packs, and for archtypes that got one or two new cards in the selection packs, just shove them into the existing secret packs.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ardeem posted:

They really need to add secret packs for archtypes that introduced through selection packs, and for archtypes that got one or two new cards in the selection packs, just shove them into the existing secret packs.

It is unfortunate that some casual and meta decks will be more expensive than other decks because they do not have a secret pack or structure deck, but perhaps that is the limit of Konami's "generosity"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I expect them to add secret packs for the Selection Pack cards eventually, because otherwise the barrier of entry for new and returning players will be too high.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

blizzardvizard posted:

I expect them to add secret packs for the Selection Pack cards eventually, because otherwise the barrier of entry for new and returning players will be too high.

Yeah, and honestly, they'd probably know better than us when an archetype is 'done' enough to make a secret pack for. It'd suck if they released a Swordsoul secret pack BEFORE Swordsoul got another batch of support, after all.

Granted, it's Konami. We can't assume they'll take anything but the most money-hungry option until we actually see them do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, and honestly, they'd probably know better than us when an archetype is 'done' enough to make a secret pack for. It'd suck if they released a Swordsoul secret pack BEFORE Swordsoul got another batch of support, after all.

Granted, it's Konami. We can't assume they'll take anything but the most money-hungry option until we actually see them do it.

They could just, add more cards to old secret packs as they come out.