Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

MarcusSA posted:

Oh man Rimworld on the Steam deck is fuckin wild. It works really really well imo

its really tight that they actually publish their own controller config and the deck auto uses it. havent seen it on any other game before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Skulker posted:

I may have, uh, decapitated and eaten the ancient mechanitor corpse (that you get from summoning the ancient ship) before I could extract the robot chip thingy from it. Are my family of yay slinging space hillbillies doomed to live a robot less life, or are there ways to get another?

I would just use dev mode to spawn the thing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

its really tight that they actually publish their own controller config and the deck auto uses it. havent seen it on any other game before

Yeah they really did a bang up job with it.

More games need to do it.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Rimworld on the deck is neat but it's way too tiny for me to play. The controls work about as well as you could hope but I still found it pretty awkward.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

explosivo posted:

Do items on shelves inside the orbital trade beacon count for trading?

yes

FYI the Waster immunity to Wake-Up does nothing to prevent heart attacks that Wake-Up randomly causes, thank goodness that colonist had the Undying gene because it actually saved her life (she's in the regeneration coma now but that's better than in the ground)

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

FuzzySlippers posted:

Rimworld on the deck is neat but it's way too tiny for me to play. The controls work about as well as you could hope but I still found it pretty awkward.

it's my only complaint about the deck. make one with like a 14 inch screen valve. I'd buy that poo poo in a second

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

it's my only complaint about the deck. make one with like a 14 inch screen valve. I'd buy that poo poo in a second

That's just a laptop with a 6600U or 6800U.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

That's just a laptop with a 6600U or 6800U.

Or an iPad Pro 12.9 and gforce now.

The GPD Win Max has a 10 inch screen though so that’s another handheld

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

PSA if you want your baby to smoke weed be sure to set its dose interval to 10 days so it doesn't get addicted

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

QuarkJets posted:

Video Games › Rimworld: if you want your baby to smoke weed be sure to set its dose interval to 10 days so it doesn't get addicted

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Anyone know of a mod that just lets me look at an item in my storage area and go "Get rid of this!" and push a button and it marks it for a colonist to come and throw it in the smelter/incinerator?

I know I can set those facilities to just automatically get rid of anything with certain parameters but being able to do it manually would be nice too.

You can try Micro Designations, I haven't used it in ages however so I don't know how functional it is right now. Comments indicate there might be a compatibility issue with Pick Up and Haul though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

BRING IT :black101:

e: we killed about 80% of them and then some ... helpers ... arrived, ok you guys can just have that good luck

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 31, 2022

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Does Combat Readiness Check actually work with 1.4? Its only recent update was October 10th, and the only post since then claims that they're seeing tiny raids of 4-5 people with minimal equipment, even lategame. That said, it's also a steam comments page, and people are idiots.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Rimworld modders continue to be the best of us

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

I'm using this gene in my tree worshipping tribal people, and it's awesome. I'm also using a mod that enables me to extract gametes from male pawns. So now various prisoners are donating "eggs" for me to fertilize and raise in my already 14 people big colony, with 4 gay and three lesbian couples, and it's all amazing luxury gay ground communism. :3:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

QuarkJets posted:

PSA do NOT give cocaine to a baby

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

QuarkJets posted:

Now that shelves are incredible I kind of want to keep smaller freezers around my base, like a little room just for psychoid and smokeleaf leaves that I haven't gotten around to processing yet. Maybe a small secondary dining area, even. Is mood based on the best dining room?

i think the most recent meal location that is not outside?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I had a feral child show up, but I couldn't arrest him so he starved to death. :(

next time try leaving food out on the ground where they can get to it. Maybe behind a fence so animals are less likely to steal it first. Also you can rescue downed ferals iirc

Griz
May 21, 2001

QuarkJets posted:

Now that shelves are incredible I kind of want to keep smaller freezers around my base, like a little room just for psychoid and smokeleaf leaves that I haven't gotten around to processing yet. Maybe a small secondary dining area, even. Is mood based on the best dining room?

I think it uses the stats for the last place they ate. if you put a table and chair outside by your farm or anima tree or w/e, they won't get "ate without table" but they also won't get the dining room buff.

Meal Radius mod mostly fixes this by searching for tables within 128 tiles instead of the default 32

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Flesh Forge posted:

BRING IT :black101:

e: we killed about 80% of them and then some ... helpers ... arrived, ok you guys can just have that good luck

You've been at this colony for awhile and it's clear there's a lot going on. What type of FPS are you getting currently and what performance mods are you using, if any? Also: what's your CPU?

If I want the game to be smooth in the lategame, I can't really go over ten pawns.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't use any performance mods at all, I never felt the need. I don't have a crazy PC at all, it's a very modest HP desktop refurbished with a bottom tier NVidia card that pulls so little power it doesn't have a fan, because nothing else would go into this lovely HP desktop because it has a purposefully gimped power supply to block users from doing that. it does exactly what I want it to though and it was extremely cheap. It runs at 15 FPS or so on this map when I have the game set to top dev mode speed, when I let it run at 1x speed I get something like 45fps (way more than enough)

vegetation and rain especially cost a lot of overhead, play on desert maps for best performance. this map is jungle and there's a lot of rain all the time. also the size of the map is a factor, although imo the biggest single chunk of overhead is vegetation and rain.

From my system info:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Rimworld modders continue to be the best of us

:hai:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Does "gathering spot" on a table not determine whether or not they can eat meals there? My pawns insist on eating in the hospital or in a random room instead of the dining room and it doesn't seem to matter whether I have gathering spot on or off on the tables.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

no, it determines whether it can be used for things like parties.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Huh. I mean that makes sense but I always thought I could control where they sat down for meals at with that. Good to know!

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I had a feral child show up, but I couldn't arrest him so he starved to death. :(

it's animal handling work to tame wild pawns. they show up in the wildlife tab, same steps as taming any animal, need a pawn with 7 or higher animals skill. still confuses me for a minute every time.

Flesh Forge posted:

no, it determines whether it can be used for things like parties.

not just parties any recreation, so you might have pawns hiking out to a remote table (or campfire) to relax socially if you leave gathering spot on. if your colonists get along you probably only want one gathering spot so they interact more

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
The amount of fingers being destroyed in casual social fights is TOO drat HIGH.

Just now my constructer pawn lost a finger to a jail breaking 12 year old. I forget if the new DLC / 1.4 added the ability to fix fingers or is this bionic arms all around still ?

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!

Skulker posted:

I may have, uh, decapitated and eaten the ancient mechanitor corpse (that you get from summoning the ancient ship) before I could extract the robot chip thingy from it. Are my family of yay slinging space hillbillies doomed to live a robot less life, or are there ways to get another?

Turns out the game waits a little and then gives you a "nearby tomb containing ancient mechanitor" quest. I didn't eat this one, either!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Roundboy posted:

The amount of fingers being destroyed in casual social fights is TOO drat HIGH.

Just now my constructer pawn lost a finger to a jail breaking 12 year old. I forget if the new DLC / 1.4 added the ability to fix fingers or is this bionic arms all around still ?

Ideology adds the biosculpting pod which can fix small permanent injuries like this. There’s mods you can use as well, like Questionable Ethics adds a big biovat you can grow replacement organs and hands and stuff in.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah one pass will fix all your little amputated toes and fingers and scarred eyes and poo poo but ... it takes 20 days (minus a bit for the room being super clean)
e: also fixes mangled brain

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Griz posted:

Meal Radius mod mostly fixes this by searching for tables within 128 tiles instead of the default 32

I didn't know about that one, I use Table Diner to accomplish a similar thing except the search radius is adjustable with a slider on each individual table, or you can set a table to be disabled from the search entirely so people stop trying to have lunch in the Mayor's Office uninvited. Pawns will then go to the closest table that they are within the radius of.

Table Diner is practically a "must have" mod for me.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
It seems like they made some changes to raider AI with the new patch? Used to be I could have geothermal generators out on the map walled off and they'd be ignored, but now raiders seem to just beeline them like massive assholes every time. Gonna have to focus on self-sustaining biodiesel production inside my base or something I guess.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rare and slightly exploity mod confluence: An exotic goods ship showed up with a Vanilla Books Expanded blueprint for high mechtech (I only had the second tier). I saved, cheated some silver, and bought it just to see if it would work. It does indeed, I could gestate the appropriate robots and build appropriate facilities. I then reloaded, I want to actually do this mostly legitimately.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Is there a mod that will help with forming caravans with animals who are assigned to pawns? I'd like some easy way when I assign a pawn to a caravan to also assign the animals that are assigned to them to that caravan.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah one pass will fix all your little amputated toes and fingers and scarred eyes and poo poo but ... it takes 20 days (minus a bit for the room being super clean)
e: also fixes mangled brain

I mean if you're some kinda non-transhumanist, that's how long it takes :smuggo: I bet your pawns are made of meat, too

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Anyone know of a mod that just lets me look at an item in my storage area and go "Get rid of this!" and push a button and it marks it for a colonist to come and throw it in the smelter/incinerator?

I know I can set those facilities to just automatically get rid of anything with certain parameters but being able to do it manually would be nice too.

I just use dev mode to do this. Occasionally I pause the game and select the Destroy tool and click on junk I want to get rid of :v:

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
I used to have Destroy Item installed to do that back in 1.3, I haven't tried it in 1.4 yet.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Danaru posted:

I mean if you're some kinda non-transhumanist, that's how long it takes :smuggo: I bet your pawns are made of meat, too

I like running the 'Lost tribes' start build with a custom ideology of tribals wanting to gear up tech to burn the world down. But transhumanists want all the tech so early in the game the mood spirals I get not having the added buildings before i have the tech for it is just causing all my stuff to go south.

i am playing a game now with just human primacy, but the days to fix people in pods is going to be so drat long

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Roundboy posted:

I like running the 'Lost tribes' start build with a custom ideology of tribals wanting to gear up tech to burn the world down. But transhumanists want all the tech so early in the game the mood spirals I get not having the added buildings before i have the tech for it is just causing all my stuff to go south.

i am playing a game now with just human primacy, but the days to fix people in pods is going to be so drat long

Fluid Ideology is good for starts that aren't already compatible with your end goals, so you can tech up a bit to unlock the transhumanist techs before adding transhumanist to your ideoligion

I like to add High Life around mid game, just like Scarface my pawns aren't using much cocaine until they are producing a lot of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Has anyone else had an issue with the vampire quests just not giving rewards?