Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You clearly don't know her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
She's bad but I can't help but like her. She does have a badass killer aura and extra points for the hat.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Kosmo Gallion posted:

She's bad but I can't help but like her. She does have a badass killer aura and extra points for the hat.

She's a killer alright, never seen crowds so dead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Marina's been off TV so long everyone's forgotten how poo poo she is. Tony's booked her for Dynamite so that everyone remembers, he's always one step ahead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

She's a killer alright, never seen crowds so dead.

They should put her in The Kingdom or whatever the Bennett’s death stable is called.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I believe it's called Matt Taven

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
why we talking Martina when Madyson robbed us of the Halloween Abadon

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Shareena Beer

(With my wrestle hut pals)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Tony you failed us again with no abadon on Halloween editions of dynamite or rampage

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
No Abadon on Dark or Elevation tapings either.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tony doesn't put Abadon on TV for Halloween for the same reason he doesn't put her on TV the rest of the time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's really too bad that Abadon's work doesn't meet the high standard of *checks notes* Madison Rayne

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah. Yeah, it really is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Abadon deserves more TV time than Marina Shafir

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Abadon should host Elevation tonight and introduce each match.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

History Comes Inside! posted:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Marina has potential but it seems like she really struggles to coordinate her movements with other people. Kinda makes sense for an actual shoot fighter to have problems with that considering the vast majority of her experience with this poo poo comes from opponents attempting to stop her from doing moves on them rather than cooperating

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Marina has potential but it seems like she really struggles to coordinate her movements with other people. Kinda makes sense for an actual shoot fighter to have problems with that considering the vast majority of her experience with this poo poo comes from opponents attempting to stop her from doing moves on them rather than cooperating

I dont think that's it. Shoot fighters spend a ton more time training than in actual fights. There is a lot of cooperation in martial arts and MMA training, especially when trying out new techniques.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Unfortunately abadon as an attractive woman would have a lot more success if her gimmick didn't involve making herself extremely unattractive. Bray Wyatt wouldn't get over trying to be a von Erich and Kerry would have gone down like a fart in an elevator if he tried the boogeyman gimmick.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

cagliostr0 posted:

Unfortunately abadon as an attractive woman would have a lot more success if her gimmick didn't involve making herself extremely unattractive.

source your quotes

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/HyperSonicPika/status/1586953740715687937?t=wL1F5e2v_36biRqzyhtV5A&s=19

Okada a flippy boi nobody

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

cagliostr0 posted:

Unfortunately abadon as an attractive woman would have a lot more success if her gimmick didn't involve making herself extremely unattractive.

1. Abadon is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns

2. they are consistently one of the most over wrestlers in AEW whenever they appear, because their character rules, and the only thing stopping them from being successful is that TK isn't booking them for TV

Venomous fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 1, 2022

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I think a possible problem Abadon faces is that as a nonverbal singles character it's sometimes tough for them to build a story. It's notable to me that my favourite Abadon moment is when they teamed with Ryo Mizunami as they had someone to properly play off.

Thinking about that, I'm wondering if you could have them team with Max The Impaler as a kind of "non binary horror monsters" team. This is partly because I want to see people react to Max like Pom Harajuku did.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lamuella posted:

I think a possible problem Abadon faces is that as a nonverbal singles character it's sometimes tough for them to build a story. It's notable to me that my favourite Abadon moment is when they teamed with Ryo Mizunami as they had someone to properly play off.

Thinking about that, I'm wondering if you could have them team with Max The Impaler as a kind of "non binary horror monsters" team. This is partly because I want to see people react to Max like Pom Harajuku did.

Yeah the Joshi seem to get and know how to react to Abadon. I'm pretty sure I saw them put on a decent dark match with Emi once too.
There was that cute photoshoot storyline with Britt getting zombified after the last Halloween match with Abadon too.
I also think it's cool that every time I see Abadon they're getting better and also in better shape, and from what I've heard have Danhausen & MJF levels of dedication to being in character when in makeup.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Abadon's best stuff was when they were haunting Shida in all her promos

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

They deleted it but this was the dumbo who thinks TAKA & TAJIRI are bigger stars than flippy dippy Okada?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

The problem is that the promotion is ultimately a vanity project for the EVPs. Keep in mind that AEW has a bunch of idiots in charge who'd rather keep themselves in the limelight. The Punk situation highlights it.

Punk is a blowhard who overestimated his ability to draw a big crowd to WWE but is the type of talent who can increase AEWs reach. Like it or not, his segments seemed to do better than any segment involving Bucks or Omega.

The facts are that the Executive Vice Presidents stable accompanied by their, off screen valet and legal head, barged into a locker room and engaged Punk in a fight with the wife of Ace Steel present in response to things that the talent said in a company sanctioned and broadcasted event right next to Tony who could at any point have cut the cameras. The talent's main complaint was that certain talent, mainly Page, were bringing up personal legal matters and implying Punk got Colton fired. He then is upset that the stable of EVPs didn't squash that.

The EVPs then got mad at Punk for doing the same thing Page did - talking on screen at work - and engaged Punk in a fight.

And people actually think Punk is somehow the desperate one in this situation when he could file a civil suit against a billionaire who is ultimately in charge of his EVPs and legal head

"Off screen valet"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/xConnor_99/status/1587200908588449793?t=l6ICpeuBGDZUC4YBiCwHcg&s=19

Confused about this one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tay hosed Ruby's nose up at the finish

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

In wrestling no one should ever get hurt.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Sourced from a dwindling discord for a niche japanese wrestling game

quote:

I love how they poo poo all over Vince Russo (even going so far as to ban him from AEW events...) but then book their company in almost the same exact loving way
just random bullshit, stupid swerves, poo poo only tangentially connecting to an overarching story, etc.

I hate EVERYTHING about the loving Blackpool Combat Club
Danielson WAS great
except for the ONE miss with Minoru Suzuki
which was loving awful
but the stuff he's doing now is just loving lame

why are they forcing that guy[Wheeler Yuta] on us
He looks like that loving moron who jumps off of poo poo on YouTube
"This is for my juggalos and juggalettes...whoop whoop"
but with a tan

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Super Humman reference in 2022.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Super Humman would be best friends with Darby Allin right now if he wasn’t a racist dickhead

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
What swerves are they even referring to? The only ones I can think of recently are Garcia siding with the JAS where he could have gone either way and it would have worked, and MJF and the Firm which again can work both ways since he's both claiming to want to do things properly and is also literally calling himself the Devil and using the "the biggest trick the Devil ever pulled" quote. It's not like they're doing things to deliberately trick the fans.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I don't think this person actually pays attention to the shows, and when they do they start with the perspective of "Everyone in this company is awful and stupid and everything they do is bad." so when things happen that have been built up to for months, to him they're 'out of nowhere'. At least that's my best guess.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, that's pretty stock 'everything i hear about this is from people who don't like it' opinionmaking

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Takuan posted:

Sourced from a dwindling discord for a niche japanese wrestling game

"but with a tan" about a wrestler of Japanese background is really special.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pylons posted:

"Off screen valet"

People really grossly overestimate the likelihood of anyone filing a lawsuit as a result of this, that lawsuit actually going to trial, and Punk somehow winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
so which dumbass wrestling personality decided to describe the head of legal as a valet because that's some serious levels of twisting poo poo to suit a narrative. what does 'off screen valet' even mean.