Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
AFAIK they stopped putting Dark Souls games on sale when they had to disable the pc multiplayer (because of a serious vulnerability). I hear they fixed it recently (for some games), so maybe the good sales will follow.

e. DS3 price history:

Kennel fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

sebmojo posted:

Do you think authors just write words at random and any emotions that result are in the hands of allah

Obviously you’ve never read any of my journals from when my psych meds are being changed…🤪

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
How about I manipulate my fist into ur skull then let’s see who’s emotional

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I guess that VR Myst remake did well.

https://twitter.com/cyanworlds/status/1587065601339424770

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Fuckin finally they get to the game that actually needs a new release

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This is incredible news as the reason why Riven hasn't had a remaster up to this point is because the entire source code was lost. So this would be a total ground-up remake.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

oh gently caress I can't wait to gently caress up the marbles in a remastered way

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

This is incredible news as the reason why Riven hasn't had a remaster up to this point is because the entire source code was lost. So this would be a total ground-up remake.
The aformentioned Myst remake was a full re-do in Unreal Engine 4, this is probably much along the same lines since their FAQ mentions that you'll be able to walk around freely in 3D space.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Wonder if they'll get new actors then, it would be a shame to lose Gehn's performance even if it was such a small part of the game.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Wonder if they'll get new actors then, it would be a shame to lose Gehn's performance even if it was such a small part of the game.

The Myst remake did use 3D actors rather than live action, so it could be possible that they'll use his performance for the VA, if they have it in storage in a decent quality.

Although, they're probably aware the 3D actors weren't that well received, but I would expect them to look better in this.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Firmament is currently set for 2023 (having been delayed), wouldn't expect this one until maybe 2026 at the earliest.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

looks like someone made a 50/50 blend of hylics and cruelty squad https://store.steampowered.com/app/2168450/DREAMWILD/

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Aw heck. I just started Riven after beating the new Myst, too. It's hella crusty these days but charming.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Never heard of “Riven,” they should append a helpful subtitle to the name explaining what it is

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Riven: The Prequel to Uru

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Never heard of “Riven,” they should append a helpful subtitle to the name explaining what it is
Riven: The Remake of Riven

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Volte posted:

Riven: The Remake of Riven

Re-ven

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

O hey WH40k:Mechanicus is free on EGS which is exactly what I was willing to pay for it to try it out. This might just be the first game on this storefront I ever install that I've checked in weekly to grab for absolutely no reason other than brain worms

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

The full title "Riven: The Sequel to Myst" also being five words long is another stroke of brilliance.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mr.Acula posted:

O hey WH40k:Mechanicus is free on EGS which is exactly what I was willing to pay for it to try it out. This might just be the first game on this storefront I ever install that I've checked in weekly to grab for absolutely no reason other than brain worms

It's a pretty decent tactics game with absolutely sublime soundtrack.

https://youtu.be/ztzq05IzYds

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Riven, but not the League of Legends one.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Riven is maybe my favorite puzzle game ever, I always wanted a high res release of it but IIRC they lost the original images or something

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Jack Trades posted:

It's a pretty decent tactics game with absolutely sublime soundtrack.

https://youtu.be/ztzq05IzYds

That music is absolutely forgettable

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Kennel posted:

AFAIK they stopped putting Dark Souls games on sale when they had to disable the pc multiplayer (because of a serious vulnerability). I hear they fixed it recently (for some games), so maybe the good sales will follow.

e. DS3 price history:

how did you get a picture of my factorio base

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

gohuskies posted:

Planet Zoo is good and extremely sandboxey on the "sandbox" mode where you have infinite money and access to whatever animals you want. On the campaign mode, it's really difficult. There's just not much financial margin for allowing many inefficiencies, and usually the creative and fun ideas that look really cool in your zoo also end up being inefficient. I don't know if you've been playing it but I would not recommend any modes other than sandbox.

I played like 12 hours this weekend, game hooked directly into my brain perfectly. I've been doing franchise mode and haven't had money issues past the beginning (I watched a tutorial on how to start a zoo and it worked well), and am making a profit pretty well so far. If it ends up being annoying to keep going I'll switch over to sandbox mode though.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Commander Keene posted:

Tfw you're watching the entire thread lose their minds because somebody said, "I would prefer a puppy remain un-kicked in this, the video game I'm playing right now."

stop reading tv tropes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that puppy should be dying of plague, instead

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

looks like someone made a 50/50 blend of hylics and cruelty squad https://store.steampowered.com/app/2168450/DREAMWILD/

this looks dope

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

What if the puppy was a rat? And there were millions of them?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ErrEff posted:

What if the puppy was a rat? And there were millions of them?

and instead of dying of plague you gave them cheese

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't know what the context is but goddamn do i loving hate tvtropes

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like when the violin plays really fast

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

you can give a rat a cheese but don't even think about giving a mouse a cookie

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Cowcaster posted:

there's a 0% chance cruelty squad-like doesn't become a genre within four to eight years. just way too much excess gaming value for a single game. transactionally, it's an inevitability.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Holy poo poo this rules, it must mean that they're getting closer to finishing up th—

ErrEff posted:

Firmament is currently set for 2023 (having been delayed), wouldn't expect this one until maybe 2026 at the earliest.

Mother fucker :negative:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

what if the rats were used in a series of puzzles and rube Goldberg devices to kill a cat?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

tater_salad posted:

what if the rats were used in a series of puzzles and rube Goldberg devices to kill a cat?

are these rats bad? are they bad enough rats to kill a cat?

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

Lord Lambeth posted:

are these rats bad? are they bad enough rats to kill a cat?

Shouldn't we, as a player, be a judge of character of the rats rather than the devs manipulating our judgements of rats' moral value?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

fun thing about the Plague Tale games is that you get plenty of opportunities to feed those hungry, hungry rats :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I somehow missed that there’s a(n already successful) Kickstarter for an official sequel to Duelyst. That was a cool rear end game - I hope the new team is more successful in keeping it alive.