Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
MJF is going to briefly turn face to turn heel again, I don’t trust the guy he is always going to try and do it to call the fans idiots. “The greatest trick the devil ever pullled…” etc etc..

Also practically him going face moves Jericho to number 1 on the heel depth chart, then I dunno, Swerve as number 2? Who is even number 3. To thin on that side to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

building a top heel or two is way easier than creating a white-hot babyface star

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

HidaO-Win posted:

MJF is going to briefly turn face to turn heel again, I don’t trust the guy he is always going to try and do it to call the fans idiots. “The greatest trick the devil ever pullled…” etc etc..

Also practically him going face moves Jericho to number 1 on the heel depth chart, then I dunno, Swerve as number 2? Who is even number 3. To thin on that side to do it.

I actually realised one satisfying route at Full Gear is have a double turn with Mox becoming top heel, which I wouldn't hate.

But I much more expect MJF to do something horrible to Renee at the end.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think MJF loses to Moxley, then kills William Regal for getting in his head.

I mean Regal will be killed off the show

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

he is going to execute william regal live on television, i think

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Wazzu posted:

I actually realised one satisfying route at Full Gear is have a double turn with Mox becoming top heel, which I wouldn't hate.

But I much more expect MJF to do something horrible to Renee at the end.

Mox is legit the ace of AEW though, the guy who has carried the company whenever things got dicey, getting the fans to turn on him is going to be an uphill struggle.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I disagree. I think if you have a story where MJF is going to use the ring and stops but The Firm interferes and prevents MJF from winning, then Mox uses it. He'd be the most hated man around. I don't know if Mox ever wants to do something different with his character but seeing him pull a Jericho and reinvent himself as a sell-out champion, who is tired of bleeding for the fans would be a pretty easy story to tell. He just signed a new contract IRL and part of that story can be that he's now a "company man" and even got his wife a job.

Maybe Mox isn't ever going to try and get out of his comfort zone in that way but for the last decade+ he's just been a renegade badass and that's fine if you want to say he's the Tanahashi or Sting that should never really change out of their role too much but I think Moxley pulling a Stone-Cold and going from the guy that did what he wanted to the guy that did what was "best for business" but rather than the business being AEW, it's what he believes the wrestling business to be; a business where even if you're talented like he was you have to go out and bust your rear end until you earn it. The idea of MJF holding up Tony for more money and that makes Moxley so sick he's willing to turn his back on the fans to prevent MJF from getting the title that way is a believable story.

It seems to me like there's too much talent in the BCC and they need to spread it around a bit more. Moxley becoming the leader of the Firm would a) create a new feud between The Firm/BCC, b) create a story where nobody trusts MJF and he is the lone wolf that Moxley used to kind of be, and c) gives your Wardlow/Darby/Hangman someone to get elevated by beating and feuding with after MJF.

One way or another we need a bigger name on the heel side to help elevate guys. After Jericho, all the other big names are faces or currently sitting at home because they wanted to go back to WWE. I don't see Danielson turning, and I don't see the fans wanting to boo Claudio either. Hangman will probably be out a bit and when the Elite get back they're probably going to get the Trios belts back and do whatever Tony had planned for them to do prior to their suspensions.

-----

Since this is meant to be the podcast I will say that I attempted to listen to some of the Konnan podcast episodes about recent stuff because I always liked hearing him on WOL back in the day and god drat is Disco Inferno insufferable on that show. I thought Jim Cornette had some dumb opinions when I saw him say that he wouldn't hire Jericho, but Disco is just a moron and the way he still talks about how great Eric Bischoff ran the show would make you think Eric was going to give him a job or something.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like those are all good plot beats for MJF to go heel....But if the crowd is super into him and he gets white hot I think you toss those away. Creating a white hot babyface is hard and you don't want to throw that away if you get one

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ummm, I don't think using Stone Cold turning heel is the slam dunk parallel you think it is, considering that's arguably the worst decision Vince ever made that wasn't literally sexist, racist or criminal.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

HidaO-Win posted:

Mox is legit the ace of AEW though, the guy who has carried the company whenever things got dicey, getting the fans to turn on him is going to be an uphill struggle.

Ah but counter point, I personally dislike him (I know he double turn is super unlikely).

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Like those are all good plot beats for MJF to go heel....But if the crowd is super into him and he gets white hot I think you toss those away. Creating a white hot babyface is hard and you don't want to throw that away if you get one

I think the crowd enjoys watching MJF, not that they need him to stop being the worst. Crowds react to good performers.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1586596010939514882?s=20&t=-i7miNuMHpYotSsO_H3MuA

Might be a week to listen to the Filthy 4 show.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Impressive, but less so when I realize it’s Bryan using technology.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

tomorrow the DL boys are revewing the Oct 31 2005 RAW the go home show for TABOO TUESDAY 2005. Its probably a bad episode but im gonna watch it tonight mostly to watch HHH vs Viscera and Cena vs Michaels (not that match).

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

Ummm, I don't think using Stone Cold turning heel is the slam dunk parallel you think it is, considering that's arguably the worst decision Vince ever made that wasn't literally sexist, racist or criminal.

Mox isn't nearly the star nor face of the company Stone Cold was, and in fact Mox has already been booed a few times in AEW

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you must have forgotten when vince injected his own creation with a lethal dose of poison. what was he thinking?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

mooseinfants posted:

Mox isn't nearly the star nor face of the company Stone Cold was, and in fact Mox has already been booed a few times in AEW

Also don't discount that there wasn't really a hot top face with The Rock gone. When your top heel doesn't have anyone big to work with to help establish them it's a big problem. They did a good job killing the Hardy's and Taker/Kane but the Jericho/Benoit stuff could have been great but it really wasn't the long term plan.

Like when The Rock did the switch with Mankind at Survivor Series he had Stone Cold, DX, and Mankind to work with; all of whom were pretty hot acts.

In fact the trajectory of MJF is very similar to The Rock before and after his Wrestlemania(vs Shamrock) and SummerSlam(vs Triple H) matches in terms of becoming a beloved face for the promos he cut. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to rein that back in to him being a heel by screwing Moxley but having MJF be the one who gets screwed would be solid. I can even see it now where later on in a no DQ rematch after MJF has lost the ring he goes to use it, realizes he doesn't have it, and then Regal appears and hands him the brass knucks after the rest of the BCC runs off the firm.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think max/mox match should be a double turn

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
“This event sucked all the balls!”

oh this is going to be a good retro review

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nah. Guy like me, I'm taking the catchphrases Pulse tries to force over by repetition and using them in my daily life to try to sound cool. That's me though.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Nah. Guy like me, I'm taking the catchphrases Pulse tries to force over by repetition and using them in my daily life to try to sound cool. That's me though.

your just mandella effecting you and others around you not cool

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I have found myself saying "that's for loving true" every so often

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I have found myself saying "that's for loving true" every so often

I was just about to make this same post, lol.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

your just mandella effecting you and others around you not cool

hey man its just my opinium opeenim opanion opinion on how to make "the marks" (my friends and relations) "pop big style"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I also find myself saying "Bubb-yer-Ray Dudley" randomly a lot. I have no idea why James pronounces it this way but it's fun to say!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

I also find myself saying "Bubb-yer-Ray Dudley" randomly a lot. I have no idea why James pronounces it this way but it's fun to say!

This but Matt Cardonyer

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Linder L! R! B!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

Linder L! R! B!

All the references to Linda McMahon as Linda Ellerbee made me think that was her maiden name she used on some politic stuff to distance from WWE, but i found out this week that that was Linda Edwards and Ellerbee was a former NBC anchor who also did spots on nickelodeon. its lore.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

linder ellerbee of nick news!?!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
NICK NEWS

W5

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I used Mandeler Effect in the Pulse way yesterday and made my gf pop big style

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Has anyone itt found a way to listen to WOR through Pocket Casts? It doesn't natively support password protected podcasts. Overcast is buffoonishly getting rid of their web interface so I'm looking for alternatives.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

your friend wicka posted:

Has anyone itt found a way to listen to WOR through Pocket Casts? It doesn't natively support password protected podcasts. Overcast is buffoonishly getting rid of their web interface so I'm looking for alternatives.

If Pocket Casts will let you add a podcast feed via URL you can plug your poo poo into https://f4wradio.craigmcd.com and it’ll give you a custom one that will work.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

If Pocket Casts will let you add a podcast feed via URL you can plug your poo poo into https://f4wradio.craigmcd.com and it’ll give you a custom one that will work.

This worked! Thanks so much dude

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
It's hilarious how much more engaged Bryan is now that they are on video.

It has brought out how much he is enjoying current WWE though. Two sides of a coin

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

current WWE is good

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

current WWE is good

Current WWE is a valid production and stylistic choice (compared to six months ago) and whether you think it's good depends on how you react to those choices.

For me it's fine to watch an episode when I'm not watching other wrestling.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
man vince loving hated austin and JR after he bought WCW didnt he

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mrenda posted:

Current WWE is a valid production and stylistic choice (compared to six months ago) and whether you think it's good depends on how you react to those choices.

For me it's fine to watch an episode when I'm not watching other wrestling.

do they still do the crazy camera shaking and zooming while doing multiple cuts per second

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

JOHN CENA posted:

do they still do the crazy camera shaking and zooming while doing multiple cuts per second

Yes

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Current WWE is decent, which is such a massive upgrade from what it was that people trick themselves into thinking it's good. Kind of like The Mandalorian compared to the other new Star Wars stuff. The Mandalorian Effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

once kevin dunn gets replaced it sounds like they're headed toward watchable