Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

On the contrary, I think any thread that doesn’t contain one Meltzer tweet per page should be gassed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

NienNunb posted:

Any thread that doesn’t contain one Meltzer tweet per page should be gassed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

NienNunb posted:

On the contrary, I think any thread that doesn’t contain one Meltzer tweet per page should be gassed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s the same silly idea as ‘nobody post any scoopster tweets about news that’s on the way’ and should never be implemented.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Meltzer doesn't even tweet scoops so that's a confusing one to me.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

people still physically cannot stop themselves from posting rovert tweets as one was just posted like a day or two ago so why would you bother trying to limit dave

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Meltzer doesn't even tweet scoops so that's a confusing one to me.

the first thing i want to say is that you're right, so that my post isn't seen as an argument against what you said. but after that, someone has been pointing out that dave has been buying into and reporting bad or conflicting information recently, e.g. cm punk somehow being in talks for a contract buyout but also not speaking to anyone at around the same time. i don't have any comment on those points or scoops but i bring this up because i think it's possible that this is contributing to the perception/confusion regarding bad scoop tweets; someone is "tweeting" about the "bad scoops", though it isn't dave. edit: those tweets have been posted before. that also needs to be pointed out and i forgot. so those tweets have been on this forum even though they aren't dave's.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 30, 2022

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

people still physically cannot stop themselves from posting rovert tweets as one was just posted like a day or two ago so why would you bother trying to limit dave

Make posting rovert bannable imo

Rid us of him once and for all

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

Sorry this was on me. I knew it was wrong and I did it anyway. It wasn't a scoop or teasing inside info but a pretty decent dunk on someone that objectively deserved it and I found it funny. I'll take a probe if it's warranted.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm flashy_mcflash.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Like, what is this subforum's obsession with Trev? He's got some stupid weird ban in place where he's not actually banned and hangs over the place like a ghost. Just ban him properly and move on. If somebody posts his tweets in the bad takes thread, who cares? That's what it's there for. If you're gonna probe people for posting Rovert tweets than you may as well do the same for whenever Dave or SRS vague post in their tweets.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
It's funnier this way.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Like, what is this subforum's obsession with Trev? He's got some stupid weird ban in place where he's not actually banned and hangs over the place like a ghost. Just ban him properly and move on. If somebody posts his tweets in the bad takes thread, who cares? That's what it's there for. If you're gonna probe people for posting Rovert tweets than you may as well do the same for whenever Dave or SRS vague post in their tweets.

Dave no, as he is always right. Trev and SRS should be permas on sight.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kosmo Gallion posted:

The difference with Dave, Sapp & rovert is that Dave & SRS aren't banned from posting in this sub-forum & rovert is.

If people absolutely must post his tweets keep them to the Cornette quarantine zone or at a push the Chris Regal Memorial Thread. Because I realise asking goons to exercise self-control is folly

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The Rovert tweets are nowhere near as annoying as the derails caused by goons trying to police the threads. Just skip past them instead of having the same tedious conversation about him every time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
He's a total freak and needs to be quarantined, sorry OP

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He's a total freak and needs to be quarantined

Turn on your monitor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It's on and it reads "QoP derangement syndrome", yet again

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave is permabanned poster scoopstomper58.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Ya'll stop fighting in here.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dave is permabanned poster scoopstomper58.

No such poster exists.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Brut posted:

Ya'll stop fighting in here.

We're not fighting!!!!
We're discussing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

his account isnt banned from SA, he just isnt allowed to post in this subforum which is much funnier because his brain is so hosed up and toxified he cant or wont post about anything other than wrestling so he might as well be banned from the whole website

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Make posting rovert bannable imo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

If the Trev tweet is relevant, post for the hell of it. Lol.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

yea ok posted:

If the Trev tweet is relevant, post for the hell of it. Lol.

Alternatively, stop following Trev or letting them enter your mindspace at all. Be free.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Kosmo Gallion posted:

he's a mentally unstable narcissicist that goes full on stalker meltdown to people in PMs here when he's allowed around and had multiple posters feeling like he's actually a risk to keep around because the instability kept getting worse

it's not just about his stupid tweets

hope this helps

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I dont read the social media or bad takes thread so I had no idea the specter of Rov still hung over us. Talk about not getting a hint.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think there's also now been 3x more meta discussion about the last time someone posted a Rovert tweet compared to how much discussion the actual post created. Seems like the current rovert rules work.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In a diplomatic way, shut up about that guy. Nothing happened

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

In a diplomatic way, shut up about that guy. Nothing happened

:hmmyes:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was marinating on this since the other day it happened to me. SA shouldn't allow posters to be harassed and someone can change their avatar to something terrible just because they don't like them. If we can't outright remove the ability for other users to buy someone an avatar, then we should at least make it publicly known who bought the avatar and if they bought it to harass someone it should be punishable.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This gets floated in QCS all the time and the answer is always no.

No is also the correct answer, imo. Mods and admins will blank anything that’s genuinely offensive anyway. You upset some salty loser enough to make them spend :10bux: and that’s a win for you all by itself, calling it ‘harassment’ is setting a ridiculously low bar for harassment in all but the most extreme of examples.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah personally I didn't feel particularly like a winner when someone decided for :10bux: they could make me display a fash slogan in all the forum spaces I usually go to, and pay another tenner for the privilege to stop doing that, so I gotta reject that notion.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

My favorite from years back is PLEASE FUNNEL HOT TAR INTO MY ANUS WITH A ROAD CONE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

I was marinating on this since the other day it happened to me. SA shouldn't allow posters to be harassed and someone can change their avatar to something terrible just because they don't like them. If we can't outright remove the ability for other users to buy someone an avatar, then we should at least make it publicly known who bought the avatar and if they bought it to harass someone it should be punishable.

How is changing your avatar harassment? It's an inconvenience, & for example I have a dog for an avatar when I am not a dog person, but :shrug: If it bothers you enough you can replace it, if it doesn't then you can live with it as a permanent memorial that you got someone else really mad over a silly internet argument. I had some dumb avatar "gifted" to me for a while before the dog was gifted to me by someone who was clearly sicker of looking at it than me, I don't even remember what it was though, a fat bloke dressed as a mermaid or something?

I'd kind of like to know who I made mad enough to waste money on but Red Text calling someone a dumb poo poo for example is part of the DNA of the site. In the same way that some people have the premature baldness gene & that's encoded in their DNA

Also I think this is more of a topic for QCS than the PSP feedback thread, because it's a sitewide issue.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah this thread really isn't the place for that discussion

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah personally I didn't feel particularly like a winner when someone decided for :10bux: they could make me display a fash slogan in all the forum spaces I usually go to, and pay another tenner for the privilege to stop doing that, so I gotta reject that notion.

If it was something genuinely bad then a mod or admin would revert it for free for you, that’s been standard for years now.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Which means either a) somebody hadn't got that memo or b) what is or isn't too right-wing to display as my avatar isn't actually up to me to decide.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

If it was something genuinely bad then a mod or admin would revert it for free for you, that’s been standard for years now.

That's not actually the standard and they're not trying to move away from that. It's always been an adhoc "If an admin thinks they should" but not an actual standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Once again big shoutout to Critical for helping me out