Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i went back to rewatch the opening cinematic now that i've got the context from the (current) end of the main quest and my main takeaway is goddamn, we used to be able to FLY. i want that back! the stamina system sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I think you're revealing what characters you use when you put Cryo hypostasis in mid and Kenki and Thunder Manifestation in very easy.

I'll agree with Azh and Signora. If I don't think about what's in my team, I can get really beat up fighting those.

Beyond the part where I stated in the post that it was a double geo shield team tier list? It's pretty much flex slots. Put in high damage characters if you want to clear it fast, put in characters you want friendship XP on otherwise.

The two main differences between Cryo Hypostasis and Kenki / Thunder Manifestation are Glacial Shield and the accumulation of Sheer Cold.

Thunder Manifestation can put out respectable damage if you button mash and refuse to engage with the gimmick. Still, you can make it through the fight just periodically refreshing the shield and mashing auto-attack. When it drops that ring of lightning that follows you around, it can break shields, but I have successfully tanked through it. You'll get a decent amount of elemental shields doing geo damage to it, which I think you could manage with Noelle and Geo Traveler if you had to.

Kenki takes longer to auto attack down, but the moments where it threatens to break through a Noelle shield are also more telegraphed, easier to dodge with an Ult or a refresh midway through.

Cryo Shield, you need to play a little dodgeball to open it up to finish off. Sheer Cold damage will go right through your shield, but that's less of a concern compared to the nonstandard weakness. However, you can dodgeball with any character, elements aren't a concern.

Funnily enough, I consider Abyss Lectors and Heralds to be more irritating than any boss currently in the game. Raiden is the closest thing to their super shields, and you can still do chip damage to her in super mode.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i went back to rewatch the opening cinematic now that i've got the context from the (current) end of the main quest and my main takeaway is goddamn, we used to be able to FLY. i want that back! the stamina system sucks!

Just wait for Scaramouche/Wanderer

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Pull Wanderer, give him Sac Fragments, pray there is always an enemy nearby. :thumbsup:

e: Beaten and I now realize this will not work anyway.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

This stuff confuses me, because if the Traveler siblings are really these near-immortal beings who have lived for aeons it seems weird for the other sibling to be so deeply affected and changed by seeing the events of 500 years ago.

Or they can't say, "Hey, remember the events back on Yogusvore 5? Just like that" and explain everything

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If the Ice and water Archons are playable, I hope they're busted and their bursts cause rain and hail so you can have incredibly easy Melt and Vaporize on demand

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Tsaritsa will be the only cryo catalyst in the game, calling it now.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

RareAcumen posted:

If the Ice and water Archons are playable, I hope they're busted and their bursts cause rain and hail so you can have incredibly easy Melt and Vaporize on demand

same but mostly just the rain part. BLOOMS FOR THE BLOOM GOD

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I want to see Yaoyao's normal attacks, and I hope they are cute

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

gandlethorpe posted:

(genshin character reveals)

Wow, these look pretty good! I was expecting The Wanderer to look like much more of a dweeb in line with his previous design, but I really like the way they've evolved those elements here. If he has a nice punchy playstyle, I am definitely consider putting him in my world map team for a while.

Stained glass motif skirt is also neat. I hope that as a Machinist, she has some cool robot buddy elements.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Ok now that I've seen the latest breakdown on wanderer and faruzan all I can say is sorry nahida. Anemo is still my favorite element and nothing will stop me from saving for those two. Here's hoping they don't put the 4* on the rerun banners.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Tree Reformat posted:

Tsaritsa will be the only cryo catalyst in the game, calling it now.

Tsaritsa will cause the Dragonspine sheer cold effect on enemy mobs.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Same, except the character I'm gonna have to skip is Miko. Sorry Raiden, I'll save up to get your entire horrible family together at at some point in the future :unsmith:

But at least if Sara and Gorou are anything to go by, Faruzan might not JUST be on the Scara banner, but LOCKED to it. Good luck everyone :laugh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

As opposed to Ganyu and Ayato's ult that already do that?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think they mean infinite range, the weather literally changes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao Nahida also uses fungus spores? Why does so much stuff use those? And only ever the crystallized kind (which means no electro/pyro in my teams); has anything actually used the dormant stuff? I was hoping she might use something else, like the things from the robot birds (which I don't think anything has used yet?).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

lmao Nahida also uses fungus spores? Why does so much stuff use those? And only ever the crystallized kind (which means no electro/pyro in my teams); has anything actually used the dormant stuff? I was hoping she might use something else, like the things from the robot birds (which I don't think anything has used yet?).

The sumeru craft able weapons and Cyno's spear use them

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Enemy drops that go up to purple rarity only get used in weapon ascension. They typically drop from elite mobs (the kind that can also drop artifacts), but the special fungi drops are the recent exception.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive been farming mats for the last 2 weeks so I should be able to max out nahida when she comes out. The fungus were a pain because I was also talenting up Tig

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I accidentally ended up with Miko on her initial run, but is only now getting around to building her. What artifacts does she want? Is it still emblem, or has 3.0 changed that?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

I accidentally ended up with Miko on her initial run, but is only now getting around to building her. What artifacts does she want? Is it still emblem, or has 3.0 changed that?
It wasn't ever emblem - she generally wants 4 gilded dreams these days. This isn't because EM is her best stat, it's just more stats than the other options. If not that, 2 TF + 2 glad (but don't bother farming TF just for this purpose). Most people used 2Glad+2Shimenawa and outside of aggravate teams it's pretty close to her other options.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Enemy drops that go up to purple rarity only get used in weapon ascension.
.... How had I not realized this before? :psyduck:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Barely any buzz for poor Layla. Hoping to get lucky on the 2nd half banner and get her early, since I already have a nearly perfect set for her from my obsessive Blizzard Strayer farming era. She's also a great Harbinger of Dawn user. I feel like she could enable interesting variants of freeze team, particularly with Heizou and Yelan, who will really appreciate Cryo resonance.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

For her personal damage/non-Dendro teams I have her on 2x Thundering Fury 2x Shimenawa/Gladiator but for aggravate she's the 4x Deepwood holder which works great because she's one of the best aggravate electros.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

gandlethorpe posted:

Barely any buzz for poor Layla. Hoping to get lucky on the 2nd half banner and get her early, since I already have a nearly perfect set for her from my obsessive Blizzard Strayer farming era. She's also a great Harbinger of Dawn user. I feel like she could enable interesting variants of freeze team, particularly with Heizou and Yelan, who will really appreciate Cryo resonance.

I am very excited for Layla which is why I am extremely pissed off about them putting her on the second banner. I want Yae but that's only a midtier want when Raiden is coming and Eula and Ayaka sometime after that. I'll spend a few rolls and hope I get lucky but I am prepared for disappointment.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

The sumeru craft able weapons and Cyno's spear use them

Nilou and Tighnari both use them too, for both talents and ascension in Nilou's case IIRC (unless you're talking about the dormant versions, but wikis seem to say that Cyno's spear also uses the crystalline stuff).

I never noticed the purple/blue distinction since they look nearly identical thanks to colorblindness (and I still don't know which is which, only that they look different), but it seems like both weapons and ascension use the crystalline stuff, unless the wiki for Cyno's weapon is wrong.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 1, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also people were talking about weekly bosses a bit ago, and while I agree that like Raiden is probably hardest, the boss who claims the most deaths for me every single weak is easily Childe. He just does so much burst damage and punishes me getting greedy in a way the harder bosses never do. Part of this is I only use Zhongli on Azdaha now that his friendship is maxed, but still even with him, Childe still could munch his shield to gib someone.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What’s the best cyno team? Assume Nahida is in the mix

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

RareAcumen posted:

Eula gets absolutely smashed at the bar because she only has one friend

she has one????

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nyoro posted:

she has one????

Amber is the friendliest person in Mondstadt and it is not even close.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I like to paint pumpkins for Halloween instead of carving them, and this year I decided to do slimes for my favorite elements
Happy Halloween and may all Nahida wanters be Nahida havers tomorrow night!

Space Opera fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 1, 2022

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Those are super cute. Lovely paint job. :kimchi:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Those pumpkins are great.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

First time I've done a serious pre-grind for a character. Nahida will be ready to go as soon I can mulch the new dendro cube for her.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I wonder how the cube will work. Having permanent dendro doesn’t seem good for your long term survival prospects.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

From what I saw, her damage numbers look pretty low. Not sure if she'd really benefit from a Strayer set. I have a 4 piece Noblesse Oblige that are hand me downs from Diona from way back when.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Real Cool Catfish posted:

I wonder how the cube will work. Having permanent dendro doesn’t seem good for your long term survival prospects.

It'd be very lol if you just hit it with Amber's arrow and go AFK for it to die.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nyoro posted:

she has one????

Amber is openly her best friend, as far as her story quests goes. (And my memory of it)

And Venti is everyone's friend even if they don't know he's the Archon. Wait, I forgot about Klee also being everybody's friend.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I mean, every cube is like that to some extent. But for what it's worth, it'll only really be extra vulnerable to Electro and Pyro (though Cryo and Hydro can leverage burning). It's the invulnerability phases that tend to make cubes annoying.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

From what I saw, her damage numbers look pretty low. Not sure if she'd really benefit from a Strayer set. I have a 4 piece Noblesse Oblige that are hand me downs from Diona from way back when.

I'm too lazy to do precalculations (especially on HP scaling) but a cool thing with BS is that it gives so much C.Rate that a non-crit crown can actually be BiS. If she can build a fat, low-cd shield and still put out a decent of amount of damage due to a massive HP pool and high crit stats, I'll be satisfied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm too lazy to do precalculations (especially on HP scaling) but a cool thing with BS is that it gives so much C.Rate that a non-crit crown can actually be BiS. If she can build a fat, low-cd shield and still put out a decent of amount of damage due to a massive HP pool and high crit stats, I'll be satisfied.

Ok, I got bored, and did the calculations.

At level 80 and 8 talents, ~29k HP, C.DMG 175%, my damage (c0 / c6) looks like:

E: 1.6k / 2.1k per star
Q: 5.4k / 8k per star

Doesn't sound bad when she's doing that all off-field and providing a shield, potentially at 100% uptime. Also her C4 is about 60% the strength of one of my Shenhe's buffed hits every 3s.

Granted, her talents do hit at a slow rate, especially that first volley from the E. But that's kind of a good thing for a shield, letting you pre-cast before engaging. Perfect for the way I play Heizou, at least. The shield plus him healing with PA should be more than enough to let the rest of the team be full aggro.