Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Honestly it's going to be the funniest thing in the loving planet when Twitter fails after a year of this bullshit.

My gigantic hope is that Elon destroys his Empire by trying to run Twitter like a loving gaming community revolution.

Seen it too many times. Take a working concept and start cutting it into profitability before productivity. Then watch the billions run down the drain.

Elon will claim that cancel culture destroyed Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I would be willing to pay $20 a month to be verified as The Actual Pope.

I will sneakily teach Buddhism, dressed up in Christian sounding stuff.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Some celebrities are already jumping ship. I saw a few and Alex Winter (from Bill and Ted) closed his.

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1587042605627490304

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Decon posted:

I thought this poo poo was hyperbolic but I actually rode about a quarter mile in the back of a Model 3 recently. The door open mechanism is an electronic button and I didn't know where the emergency door release was. It's actually genuinely kinda scary not knowing how you're meant to exit a vehicle if poo poo goes bad.

And who was looking at door handles and being like “awesome physical lever on your Model T, grandpa, my hotrod’s got buttons” :smug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Lol this is 100% going to happen.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

blue checkmark users and 'brands' bring 0 positive value to twitter or to social media in general

They drive engagement and that's what counts.

They might not add anything but if you can "prove" that an account is "really" Celebrity X then people will want to scream at them, in adoration or anger, and that supports the website.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Literally the only reason I joined twitter was to talk poo poo to politicians who mostly have blue checks.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/TommyIgoe/status/1587095582975283200

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

"Please daddy elon please let me pay you to produce content for you"

Dude Elon fanboys are absolutely unhinged.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That commenter's pinned tweet is about his Tesla lol.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Deptfordx posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/30/23431931/twitter-paid-verification-elon-musk-blue-monthly-subscription

Lol, he's literally telling his staff they're fired if they don't have this brand new feature ready in a week.

Holy poo poo he really is going for the whole 'Speedrun a company into the ground, any %' achievement.

lol yeah this how a "genius" operates. come up with an absurd timeline and bully people into making it work yeah im sure it will be a great product.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

corporate speaker check mark people are always like, every morning i wake up and eat a heaping helping of monkey turds. why? because society would have you believe its difficult

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

His totally cool and safe Model 3.

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

Some celebrities are already jumping ship. I saw a few and Alex Winter (from Bill and Ted) closed his.

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1587042605627490304

This reminds of the sentiment that many had about SA pertaining to Let's Players in the early 2010s. They bought a lot people to the forums but were antagonized by management and the LPers left taking a bunch of people with them. Now imagine that with actual famous people.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

He's also a nobody so his opinion on checkmarks is dumb.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

He's also a nobody so his opinion on checkmarks is dumb.

That can't be! He's got a checkmark and everything! That automatically makes him worth listening... right? If that wasn't the case, then him shelling out money for it would just make him a sucker.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How can he be a nobody when he has a checkmark????

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

NotPerfect posted:

This reminds of the sentiment that many had about SA pertaining to Let's Players in the early 2010s. They bought a lot people to the forums but were antagonized by management and the LPers left taking a bunch of people with them. Now imagine that with actual famous people.

No one will care?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People obviously care. SA bleeding members has been a thing people talk about for years

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If only the people left behind care, nobody cares.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

goatface posted:

If only the people left behind care, nobody cares.

This is true of the rapture.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i regret to inform the forums that elon adolf musk has unfortunately perished. he was chased around a kitchen island by a pack of wolves, stepped on a stick of butter, slid across the hardwood floor and straight through the wall into a freefall to the bottom of the grand canyon, leaving a hole shaped exactly like comically surprised looking silhouette of himself

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

He's probably be right but that's what's so stupid about this because the way liberals actually "cancel" anybody is just by not wanting to be your friend anymore. That's pretty much the extent of it. It's a form of shunning behavior that erodes community sanction for disfavored practices over time until they're unpopular enough to be finally banned by the governing authorities. More practically, they just stop buying your product or using your service, they go to Lowe's instead of Home Depot. The SoulCycle guy praises Trump? Sayonara to the urban liberals who work out there and now you're going bankrupt. And those are the kinds of people I'd expect advertisers want to reach on Twitter.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Decon posted:

"Please daddy elon please let me pay you to produce content for you"

Dude Elon fanboys are absolutely unhinged.
I don't understand how to properly gauge billionaire stupidity anymore but he's acting like those opinions are all he hears in his echo chamber which represents 1% of the population or whatever, and he's attributed it to 100% of the general population and acted on that assumption.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Like... conservatives are fine with using a service owned by people who are jerks to them, because they have a co-dependent relationship with authority figures. The CEO might be a jerk, but he's still the CEO which makes him the boss which matters to them. The conservatives whine about it all the time, that there's the wrong kind of CEO in charge instead of the good CEO, but liberals are not like that so much. If the CEO is a jerk, they'll just walk.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
cancel culture is literally the invisible hand at work

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
"Cancel culture" is so loving stupid.

If someone is an rear end in a top hat, I don't buy their product. So I guess I'm part of the huge liberal movement to make people do what I want them to do.

Or, I just don't like giving my money to assholes because there are 300 other options.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

how does one person suck so much

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

goatface posted:

He dissolved the board. Dictator for life.

Memento mori

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Conservatives hate the concept of "cancel culture" because they think all the violently regressive bullshit they believe is 100% true, so they see themselves as being "punished" for saying something as factual as the sky being blue and this drives them insane.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Should have kept a slave behind him to keep whispering "Remember you're an idiot who got lucky".

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

"Cancel culture" is so loving stupid.

If someone is an rear end in a top hat, I don't buy their product. So I guess I'm part of the huge liberal movement to make people do what I want them to do.

Or, I just don't like giving my money to assholes because there are 300 other options.

I remember when Cancel Culture was exactly the way libertarians claimed the Free Market worked, so we don't need anti-discrimination laws: "If someone ran a business and acted like a bigot, nobody would buy from them and they'd be replaced by a better business, presto change-o no laws needed!" Now if you do that, they tell you you're doing it wrong and the bigot is entitled to your business.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

King Carnivore posted:

cancel culture is literally the invisible hand at work

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Decon posted:

I thought this poo poo was hyperbolic but I actually rode about a quarter mile in the back of a Model 3 recently. The door open mechanism is an electronic button and I didn't know where the emergency door release was. It's actually genuinely kinda scary not knowing how you're meant to exit a vehicle if poo poo goes bad.

I suppose you could carry a hammer or a small baseball bat, like some DeLorean owners do in case of rollover

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

istewart posted:

I suppose you could carry a hammer or a small baseball bat, like some DeLorean owners do in case of rollover

Dying trapped in a DeLorean would at least still be cool though, because you're in a Delorean. Dying trapped in a Tesla is just lmao sorry you're an internet joke, try to @ Elon before you get incinerated or something.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I don’t think dying in a fire would be “cool,” so to speak

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Dying trapped in a DeLorean would at least still be cool though, because you're in a Delorean.

When this baby hits 88 degrees centigrade, you're going to see some serious poo poo.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Deptfordx posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/30/23431931/twitter-paid-verification-elon-musk-blue-monthly-subscription

Lol, he's literally telling his staff they're fired if they don't have this brand new feature ready in a week.

Holy poo poo he really is going for the whole 'Speedrun a company into the ground, any %' achievement.

And he's demanding them work 12-hour shifts, 7 days a week for this. Every Labor & Employment lawyer in San Francisco should be setting up camp in front of a Twitter office right now. The easy slam-dunk lawsuits this will bring will fill the harbor with yachts for years.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Tesla brand image is kind of cratering here in Australia, now that a load of people have model 3s and elon is constantly making the news they've lost their pizazz. People are more interested in the polestars, hyundais, bmw I4 etc now

I wonder how much Elon personally cyber-hosed the cyber-truck because in theory that was a game changer, but now the F150 lightning is available

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

abigserve posted:

I wonder how much Elon personally cyber-hosed the cyber-truck because in theory that was a game changer, but now the F150 lightning is available

The only good thing Elon has done is encouraged competent companies to make EVs that actually work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

So get this how about a crazy idea where you pay :20bux: to post as a verified user but if you get banned you have to re buy the account for another :20bux: