Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah! It’s very good. He has a Kotaku FFVI vid where he repeats a lot of it. At the beginning of this stream I believe

https://youtu.be/0h_-JoSUFfQ

Oh neat. I haven't watched a lot of his Kotaku streams (or streams in general) but I'm gonna watch this one.

I'm excited for the FFIV review because I'll never get tired of hearing Tim talk about old JRPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Finally finished the boku review and I think this was his best one yet

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

fez_machine posted:

He's been dropping big hints that he'll cover Days Gone.

The theme of this season seems to be open worlds.

He actually explicitly said in the discord that Days Gone is not in Season 2.

History Comes Inside! posted:

LA Noire is such a weird choice because it’s not very good or particularly interesting but I’m sure he can make a compelling 10 hour video about it anyway

Boku isn't a very good game but hey there's a 6 hour video about it. There's more there with LA Noire, though I think in some ways it kinda suffers from the dichotomy of 'do i want to be a good detective sim' or 'do i want to let you play LA Confidential:the game' and they kind of tug at each other. The best detective game in terms of detectiving is Sid Meier's Covert Action, because the terrorist plots are not actually scripted, so you actually do have to investigate as a core action, so it involves compiling information and sussing things out. However, it is also rather dry. LA Noire kinda uses detectiving as a flavor thing you do as you experience their 40 hours of LA Confidential/Chinatown.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

moller posted:

Hold on, Tim sat at a high school lunch table with Subway Jared?

and one of them never truly left high school

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Sir Tonk posted:

and one of them never truly left high school

The problem wasn't that he never left, it was that he kept going back.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
What was the deal with the Sakura Taisen Pachinko footage?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Every Tim Rogers review is actually a review of Tim Rogers. I thought the latest one was pretty good.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
men would rather produce sprawling gonzo videogame reviews annually than go to therapy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

beer gas canister posted:

men would rather produce sprawling gonzo videogame reviews annually than go to therapy

and thank god for it!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

boku no natsuyasumi

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jerkface posted:

boku no natsuyasumi

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Someone needs to count the times Tim says "Boku no Natsuyasumi" in the review and see if he says it more than "Tokimeki Memorial" in its review and report back.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

boku no natsuyasumi

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm sure he has a script. DM him or something and just ask?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
there’s youtube transcription but idk it’s accuracy

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Framboise posted:

Someone needs to count the times Tim says "Boku no Natsuyasumi" in the review and see if he says it more than "Tokimeki Memorial" in its review and report back.

You then have to crosscheck this for when he says "Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My uncle at nintendo says Truck Heck is coming out any week now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I spent my Sunday watching a man talk for over 6 hours about a game from Japan that seems really chill.

This dude sure has a knack for making me want to play some random rear end Japanese game.

Edit: I did no watch all 6 hours in a row. I'm not a madman.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sorry if you didn’t watch it in one unbroken 6 hour marathon you basically didn’t even watch it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sorry if you didn’t watch it in one unbroken 6 hour marathon you basically didn’t even watch it

Then going back for seconds and thirds in different parts.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I finally finished watching this.

I can't explain why, but it left me wondering what Tim Rogers thinks about "The Longing" (2020).

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

The Stream Archives playlist has been updated recently, so for example there's this video from the Boku video stream premiere featuring three (3!) pomeranians:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s25pQkBHnQA

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I really need tim to do nier automata next season.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He should do SEGAGAGA

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Any of the Nier games would be a total waste because they are navel-gazey enough all by themselves, and I say that as someone who likes them enough to have a tattoo of Emil

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waltzing Along posted:

He should do SEGAGAGA

oh hell yeah

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
GOD HAND

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Any of the Nier games would be a total waste because they are navel-gazey enough all by themselves, and I say that as someone who likes them enough to have a tattoo of Emil

Exactly it would be like twenty hours long and he would never finish it

But really I just want dark souls

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLPqunvBcE
8 hours of Tim playing Yakuza?!

quote:

Let's take our time playing the first several hours of Yakuza Zero, AND the first several hours of Yakuza Kiwami . . . kind of at the same time, though also kind of NOT at the same time?!

On PC, of course.

In 4K60!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
shhh that’s patreon-only

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Snitches get stitches

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t want Tim to ever do a souls video for about a trillion reasons, chief of which being the whole internet is already entirely too up it’s own rear end about the supposed transcendental nature of souls games, and even his kind of take would be just another drop in the ocean that is the thousands of hours of internet personalities gushing over souls games readily available to you at any given second.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

shhh that’s patreon-only

Dont tell anyone about the other one esco, it's mine!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he should just do a little Vertical Slice or something.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah there was a Wild Arms 1-5 one I sent fridge because he loves them shits

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Wild Arms.....ftw

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
edit: missed the full stop like a dope