Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

McCloud posted:

As I understand it, the writers wanted Geralt to make a quip at the death scene, but Henry rightly pointed out that it should be a somber and serious affair on account of him not actually being a sociopath
lol. it's great that henry is like literally the only good thing about witcher show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Xaris posted:

lol. it's great that henry is like literally the only good thing about witcher show.

the guy who plays not-Dandelion is alright but the show is dire, especially the second season

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

wanna hang out with henry cavill maybe share a beer and a blunt

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
henry officially said that he quit because, quote, "the witcher sucks rear end. i hate that poo poo. books sucked, games sucked, show sucked. sorry for disappointing myself and my fans"

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Open Source Idiom posted:

Watched The Nightingale, Jennifer Kent's follow up to The Babadook. The plot's about an Irish convict woman who teams up with an Aboriginal tracker to kill a bunch of white British colonials. Brutal loving film, doesn't hold back when depicting the horrors of the time (or the main character's racism) but doesn't get into sexploitation territory either despite the subject matter. Figured maybe some of youse might be interested, though it's very loving miserable.

her episode is Guillermo Del Toro's netflix show is pretty good and spooky (#8 The Murmuring). she has such a talent for unsettling locked shots and sound design.

Ep 3 was great too, and the Panos Cosmatos one (#7) was fun.

Durf has issued a correction as of 09:13 on Nov 1, 2022

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Tyler Durden did nothing wrong.

Violent rebellion and destruction of property against the ruling class is extremely cool, and the correct take away from Fight Club is that paramilitary groups of working class citizens aligned against capital own

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

noooo he wasn't doing it for ideologically pure reasons, he was a toxic male, the ceo of the credit card company was a woman!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/newsandor/status/1587049001161031680?s=20&t=GtgO-uXYLDb-U_7iOkrahA

andor is the best show on tv

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It feels weird to me that anyone would be cheering her on during her first scene, but if that's the state we are at as a society I guess that's the state we are at as a society.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Looking forward to the fascist version of The Jeffersons

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hire (clap) more (clap) women (clap) stormtroopers (clap)

Need to pick Andor back up, I only watched the first episode but I liked it. Love how grimy everything looks and I love how that security guard's supervisor told him to his face "look into this, but don't look too hard". Very true to life lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Factsonfilm/status/1587106118593138689

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

rip takeoff, poo poo’s messed up

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Release the Grace cut

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

maybe he should have spent that time editing that 70s show to remove himself!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Topher Grace is an anagram for Groped her cat

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

gimme a that 70s show without all those annoying young people

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

a new study bible! posted:

gimme a that 70s show without all those annoying young people

I think you'd like the Golden Girls

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

I think you'd like the Golden Girls

I'm gonna kick your rear end

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Xaris posted:

a lot of the other actors are really good looking so I'd say that's a second positive

double negative posted:

rip takeoff, poo poo’s messed up

do we know what happened yet all I heard was it was a bowling alley party

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

allegedly shooting dice, which is a thing millionaires do

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1587158643517947904

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

what if - follow me here - you just didn't make another one until someone comes up with a good idea they're passionate about?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

what if - follow me here - you just didn't make another one until someone comes up with a good idea they're passionate about?

but then they wouldn't be monetizing the IP :confused:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the sequel trilogy is still hilarious to me whenever I think about it

they bought the Star Wars IP and were like "okay time to make some movies!!!! dunno what about tho, I dunno, let's pick this famous director guy and tell him to do whatever. It's auteur theory baybee!!!!!"

then he made a solid respectable 6.5/10 movie and they were like "alright, moving on, for the next chapter in this single continuous narrative, let's pick... THIS other director guy! You do whatever you want too! I'm loving this auteur thing!"

and what the second guy wanted to do was the exact opposite of what the first guy wanted to do so he just undid everything and they just let it happen because AUTEUR THEORY

and then they were like "okay, so for the third movie, we're going back to the first guy again. Sorry that other guy ruined all your poo poo, he was just, y'know, the auteur, and the theory says we have to let him do it. Anyway do whatever you want and have fun! Auteur theory!!!!!" and he just counter-undid everything the second guy did and they had to let that happen too

they spent billions of dollars for two dudes to have a public slapfight disguised as a series of films

This is not even accounting for the Fortnite thing LMAO

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

they bought the Star Wars IP and were like "okay time to make some movies!!!! dunno what about tho, I dunno, let's pick this famous director guy and tell him to do whatever. It's auteur theory baybee!!!!!"

then he made a solid respectable 6.5/10 movie and they were like "alright, moving on, let's pick... THIS other director guy! You do whatever you want too! I'm loving this auteur thing!"

and what the second guy wanted to do was the exact opposite of what the first guy wanted to do so he just undid everything and they just let it happen because AUTEUR THEORY

and then they were like "okay, so for the third movie, we're going back to the first guy again. Sorry that other guy ruined all your poo poo, he was just, y'know, the auteur, and the theory says we have to let him do it. Anyway do whatever you want and have fun! Auteur theory!!!!!" and he just counter-undid everything the second guy did and they had to let that happen too

they spent billions of dollars for two dudes to have a public slapfight disguised as a series of films

This is not even accounting for the Fortnite thing LMAO

it rules. Rise of the Skywalker should be required viewing for every film student.

idk if you could intentionally create a movie that genuinely has less enthusiasm and desire to tell a story

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Nov 1, 2022

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I still haven't seen Rise of Skywalker and don't know if I could stand it even as a laugh

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

what if - follow me here - you just didn't make another one

better

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
IMO nothing tops the Palpatine Fortnite event and the movie just dropping "so first of all the old bad guy is alive again now" in the opening crawl with no followup.

Like at least make that sort of thing an Act 2 reveal.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I maintain that re-canonizing the EU and making movies out of it might not result in the best movies ever but it would absolutely print money off the kind of people that still identify as fans of anything past the age of 30

They'd eat that poo poo up ravenously. They'd see a Thrawn movie like five times each and fill their homes with the funkopops. It even already has "universe" right there in the name

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

christmas boots posted:

IMO nothing tops the Palpatine Fortnite event and the movie just dropping "so first of all the old bad guy is alive again now" in the opening crawl with no followup.

Like at least make that sort of thing an Act 2 reveal.

oscar isaac literally looks pained as he says the line "somehow... Palpatine's returned"

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I still haven't seen Rise of Skywalker and don't know if I could stand it even as a laugh

we gave up midway through

also i started watching Charlie Wilson's War cause it showed up on netflix. is this a good movie or CIA propaganda

cause everyone's in it but i somehow doubt the veracity and intentions of a story that opens with a sexy senator (who surely had all the looks and charm of Tom Hanks and completely consensual non-exploitive relationships with many ladies) getting the idea to fund the Mujahedeen through a Dan Rather broadcast

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

loquacius posted:

I maintain that re-canonizing the EU and making movies out of it might not result in the best movies ever but it would absolutely print money off the kind of people that still identify as fans of anything past the age of 30

They'd eat that poo poo up ravenously. They'd see a Thrawn movie like five times each and fill their homes with the funkopops. It even already has "universe" right there in the name

I think even the masses would love this because the EU is absolutely packed with lore, and that's what people are into right now.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

i guess u could say "fear is the mind killer"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That ending scene should have been cooler.

"Who are you?"

"Rey."

"Rey who?"

"Rey Palpatine!" [eyebrow lift, uhh lets say Crazy Train starts playing]

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

That ending scene should have been cooler.

"Who are you?"

"Rey."

"Rey who?"

"Rey Palpatine!" [eyebrow lift, uhh lets say Crazy Train starts playing]

make it Crawling, hell why not

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I haven’t seen a star war since the first prequel, but I will watch the movie about the guy carrying the ice cream maker.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

then he made a solid respectable 6.5/10 movie and they were like "alright, moving on, for the next chapter in this single continuous narrative, let's pick... THIS other director guy! You do whatever you want too! I'm loving this auteur thing!"

it's so whatever you want for the first year of prep and shooting, but then a thousand midlevel Disney execs throw their bullshit into the mix and then do six months of reshoots and edit loving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

https://twitter.com/OuterRimBeacon/status/1587435459168305152?t=P3dAyBJVQGDNUmEUPD6Q1Q&s=19