Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I keep forgetting to upload the missing A3G comics. You may or may not recall, but they suddenly went back to reruns of a story they had already rerun a few months back, and they now rejoined the story already in progress, so a commenter on CK went back and got all the ones that were missed and here they are. There may be a day or two missing here and there.

Brief recap: Newton Figg is back and trying to publish a new Wilbur and Wendell children's book. I'm timging them because a lot of you probably don't care, but there are a lot so it's gonna take a few posts to get them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Mister Beeg posted:

[
The two bible verse that Tommy mentioned: John 3:16-18 and John 14:6-9

I'll be damned, always thought John 3:16 had something to do with getting your rear end kicked.
Thanks Steve Austin

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh dang, I missed that reference in the strip. Orange owns :3:

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Holy poo poo actual poses and perspective and backgrounds. And they're... pretty bad.

Here's a fun thing to do with Mark Trail that I've been noticing. Whenever someone's shown in that face-and-upper-body view, and they're holding something into view as well, which usually means their phone, mentally extend their upper and lower arms and try to picture where and how their elbows would have to be positioned off panel.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Racism Problem? Monetize It!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Arnold (June 10-16, 1985)

A year earlier, on July 11, 1984, "Arnold" commemorated the anniversary of "Cry of the Banshee"

Note that the strip said it's the 23rd anniversary. The movie actually came out on July 29, 1970, which means it should have been the 15th anniversary in 1985, not 23.

Bullwinkle

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nostalgamus posted:

Rae is Surge from the new Sonic comics:

Not a reference I expected to see.
lmao i immediately thought that rae was a sonic oc then decided it must just be something else i don't recognise. so half right!

Nekonaughey

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hel posted:

It also helps that Big Loud Man is basically a modern version of thread favourite Boltar, just with less piracy and murder.

As far as we know.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

A pretty lukewarm take from A&J here; "movies based on sitcoms" was more of a mid-to-late 90's thing; the last major release fitting that bill had been Disney's My Favorite Martian in February '99 (It flopped.) By this point Hollywood had moved on to adapting 60's and 70's hourlong dramas as big budget action movies - Charlie's Angels had just come out a few weeks prior.

Big screen Columbo movie when, Hollywood?

(Don't actually make a Columbo movie, Hollywood. You'll make it an action thriller or shome poo poo and gently caress it all up.)

Hel posted:

It also helps that Big Loud Man is basically a modern version of thread favourite Boltar, just with less piracy and murder.

Give him time; he just got here.

I mostly like him because Buck and Truck loving hate him, for some reason. When that inevitable time comes that they accept him and he becomes one of the gang, he will lose all his charm.

Luann

Alt

You may remember that this is the story she wrote about the time she decided to dye her hair blue, but then she didn't like it blue, but then she went to school with blue hair anyway, and everyone was pretty okay about it, and then she sucked Aaron Hill's dick or something, I don't remember how it ends.

Third prize!

Gil Thorp

Alt

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Philbert Desanex' 100,000th Dream

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

Big screen Columbo movie when, Hollywood?

(Don't actually make a Columbo movie, Hollywood. You'll make it an action thriller or shome poo poo and gently caress it all up.)

I'd like to see what Charlie Day would do with the assignment, to be honest.

(Sorry folks, the night deposit fell victim to some schedule weirdness from earlier. Yes, again.)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

:china:

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (November 26, 2000)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

not sure why gocomics is getting served black and white Heathcliff but unless the thread hates it, its likely staying

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Knowing Lynn, is this a joke where the punchline is "my kid can't act like an adult and thus must be special"

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

This took me a while.

Mausteet = spices
Maus teet = maus teas

(maus isn't Finnish for a mouse, that would be hiiri)

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 1, 2022

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

Philbert Desanex' 100,000th Dream

:allears:

On the other hand, how dare he call St. Basil's grotesque, that building is beautiful. I suppose that technically doesn't have to mean ugly, but that's how most people use it.

Vintage Valiant (Jan. 17, 1954)

:china: 1/3
:china: 2/3
:china: 3/3

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 10/31/02

Brenda Starr 10/2/49

Smokey Stover 12/24/50

Everyday Movies 9/24/35

"I think people are ready to buy jewelry again."

Bonus Ad! Uh ... Spuds?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jan. 17, 1954)

:china: 1/3
:china: 2/3
:china: 3/3

I know that Aleta is a Just and Honorable Queen and all that, but she did kinda take a leave of absence from her homeland while still claiming authority (yes yes she was originally kidnapped, but she could have come back after a while).

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

I thought this one and yesterday's might have run out of order but then I realized those are two different characters.

Curtis

Which adults, specifically, Billingsley?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Vargo posted:

Curtis

Which adults, specifically, Billingsley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCGHyQay4UQ

I don't know their names, Vargo; it's more of a conspiracy.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

I'd suggest doing this prank with a new bottle that you moved the label onto. I'm not certain how hard it would be to get all the traces of Windex out of it.

Bizarro

Alt

The Family Circus

Alt

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Not sure I'd suggest doing this prank but surely if you rinse it thoroughly and most importantly spray a ton of water through the nozzle that'll take care of it. Apparently the stuff is fairly safe if ingested too.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Aleta's gonna gently caress some people up. :getin:

2018 Spiderman

1980 comics

Locher Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

;)

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

lol this rules

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (December 31, 1934)

Peanuts (November 1, 1975)

The Funky Winkerbean Going-Out-Of-Business Sale (oh, if only...)

Summer is busy taking notes on a story that, for anyone else, would be an endlessly rehashed family story.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Love how RJ's just staring into space with wide-eyed horror blurting out dialogue, as if the entire situation is compelling the words out of him.

Thimble Theater (June 2, 1939)

Out Our Way (March 25-27, 1940)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mark appears to be sleeping in a hollowed-out tree.

Mary Worth

Wish you would step back from that ledge my friend.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

God loosen the gently caress up guys.

Andertoons

Here's a handy mnemonic: Is it Don? Well then DON listen!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think I expected Phantom to do something more clever than this. "This is gonna sound crazy but I'm drawing this pistol on you for your own good. Now let me tell you the future..."

Considering the absurd context it'd be a pretty funny twist if the couple just left and weren't there when Sartana and wounded Phantom show up. "Why would they be gone? Why are the police here?!"

I guess Flaming Skeleton week hyped me up too much.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Shaking hands while operating due to the guy foretelling his own injury loving with her head. Oops, nicked an artery.

Oh well.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Thankfully, I'm actually able to get to posting Blueberry via the phone only! So, in today's Blueberry: Pearl makes fast friends or Blueberry continues to conspire or Critical success roll on that Suggestion check, Blueberry.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

The Phantom is still oblivious to how scary it must be for a black couple to have a white man with a mask break into their house.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Alhazred posted:

The Phantom is still oblivious to how scary it must be for a black couple to have a white man with a mask break into their house.

i love their expressions in the mid panel

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Chako

And that is that! There are half a dozen or so comics in the print editions that are either bonus comics just for print or didn’t survive the migration from Q-Rais’ old blog to his new one, but basically I have shared All the Chako. If you want to revisit it or share it around, I’ve got everything up on MangaDex here (you can continue to the ChaCha Chako volumes via the “related” tab), and please do so! The more people in the world can get exposed to this weirdness the better IMO.

I’ll start getting us caught up with Uramachi Sakaba starting tomorrow to fill the gap.

Register Cat

Cthulhu and Girl

Ajara

Naruto being those swirly-patterned fish cakes.
(Would it be helpful / interesting if I transcribe the sound effects too? My image editing skills are such that it’d just be “sfx: gopopo…” in the margins.)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

God loosen the gently caress up guys.
If this strip isn't going to be about Rex anymore, make it about this guy. :colbert:

Giant Ethicist posted:

And that is that! There are half a dozen or so comics in the print editions that are either bonus comics just for print or didn’t survive the migration from Q-Rais’ old blog to his new one, but basically I have shared All the Chako. If you want to revisit it or share it around, I’ve got everything up on MangaDex here (you can continue to the ChaCha Chako volumes via the “related” tab), and please do so! The more people in the world can get exposed to this weirdness the better IMO.
Thanks for posting all these comics, Chako included!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Alt

Gil Thorp

Alt

I guess nothing else to say about the elaborate school shooting drill that was so scary that students were weeping and had to go home early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Apartment 3-G catchup

Short version: Publisher wants more violence in the children's book because kids go crazy for the great taste of violence, and Newton is a super good guy but gets violent when he drinks, so drinking is the answer!