Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oh profit? Suck my profitable dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Schmoe Cwead posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1586743542860365824

great news! we sprayed poo poo all over this beach!!

SimCity come to life

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

jesus christ how many loving idiots in cspam believed that fake screenshot about how trump would be back on twitter yesterday, they will not stop loving asking about it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

liberals' solution to everything is to pay somebody else to do what they want done, every loving time.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

jesus christ how many loving idiots in cspam believed that fake screenshot about how trump would be back on twitter yesterday, they will not stop loving asking about it

They're bringing trump back???

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

lol how is this even a thing anymore and who tf cares

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hatebag posted:

This reminds me of something i found out recently:

Every beach in miami is getting hosed down with poo poo all the time lol. But I'm sure those wastewater treatment plants are cleaning up their effluent to the highest florida standards!! The tide flows along the coast and even south beach, the fancy beach, has a wwtp blasting right up its rear end lol
I mean if they are doing it right it should be clean enough to swim in but

a big factor is if the stormwater system is part of the wastewater systems or seperate. In a lot of older cities theyre tied together and so when u get a lot of rain it essentially overloads the wwtps and you get untreated sewage forced out. Happens where I am every winter in big storms

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

SirPablo posted:

Nothing like a good shitpost to start the day.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

ex post facho posted:

open enrollment being only two weeks long is loving stupid

just take care of people and let them see a loving doctor

let's offer the elderly 20 slightly different insurance plans with all of the cheaper ones coming with major coverage caveats like deductible and coinsurance structures and in network providers that aren't immediately apparent unless you read about each plan in depth

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

tacodaemon posted:

Hes back??

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

tacodaemon posted:

wow wish there was an ik around to stop that from being the thread title for days

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
(this is how i found out it wasn't true)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Schmoe Cwead posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1586743542860365824

great news! we sprayed poo poo all over this beach!!

They called it Old Blighty for a good reason. Glad to see we're going back to the old ways, the ways of our Fathers.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

trumps first post after returning to twitter is gonna be announcing his presidential run

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The Nastier Nate posted:

Trump won't pay the $20 a month to keep his blue check on twitter

:hmmyes:

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Trump returns at midnight

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Maybe he'll come back today what do you guys think

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Lmao my office thrust a ton of other people's work onto me to "take a look at with a fresh pair of eyes" that I am incapable of solving with the information provided and now they're hounding me for answers because apparently "I've never touched this poo poo before and it's not my problem" isn't acceptable

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

wrigglin'

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/jamesrbuk/status/1587413493292072963

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

I mean if they are doing it right it should be clean enough to swim in but

a big factor is if the stormwater system is part of the wastewater systems or seperate. In a lot of older cities theyre tied together and so when u get a lot of rain it essentially overloads the wwtps and you get untreated sewage forced out. Happens where I am every winter in big storms

Well they could also have the effluent pipe take the flow out to sea, that's what they do in boston. They have a 9.5 mile pipeline along the seafloor that disperses treated sewage away from the coast. Idk about florida though. Iirc they also discharge reverse osmosis treated sewage directly into the everglades as well. That seems good to me, if they're consistently treating it properly

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I haven't read the replies yet but I'm going to and I'm going to find the most disgusting liberal reply and then post it here.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1587444880116224002

thisbulsgit

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Spaced God posted:

Lmao my office thrust a ton of other people's work onto me to "take a look at with a fresh pair of eyes" that I am incapable of solving with the information provided and now they're hounding me for answers because apparently "I've never touched this poo poo before and it's not my problem" isn't acceptable

lol i'm not sure what the strategy is to not get played like this, but you should find out

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

lol

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/status/1587436599054569473?cxt=HHwWgsDQ4aPL2ocsAAAA
tbh i'd be more likely to vote for most political candidates if i knew they would be dead before taking office

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/flglmn/status/1587423403681644552

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

She says business is the most personal thing you can do in that thread. Lmao

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

it’s real! I’m gonna go watch the gorilla channel now

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Oh yeah and combined sewers are pretty common. In dc they dug gigantic caverns deep under the anacostia river that are like 9 billion gallon tanks so the dc wwtp can fully treat the combined sewer flows. They take flows from all over the region, including dulles airport and northern montgomery county. Wow!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

imagine laying on your death bed, reflecting on your life's accomplishments, and one of the biggest was achieving "brand safety" for a shitposting website

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

I still believe In Him

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Spaced God posted:

She says business is the most personal thing you can do in that thread. Lmao

C-level brain, it's real folks

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Spoondick posted:

imagine laying on your death bed, reflecting on your life's accomplishments, and one of the biggest was achieving "brand safety" for a shitposting website

I'm not reflecting on anything. No ragrets

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

SirPablo posted:

Nothing like a good shitpost to start the day.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Who could've seen this coming?? Not mdemone or Daniel Dale's Dick!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
post post post

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1587204564578607107

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hatebag posted:

Well they could also have the effluent pipe take the flow out to sea, that's what they do in boston. They have a 9.5 mile pipeline along the seafloor that disperses treated sewage away from the coast. Idk about florida though. Iirc they also discharge reverse osmosis treated sewage directly into the everglades as well. That seems good to me, if they're consistently treating it properly

Wetlands are a great place to dump it. My town reclaimed a bunch of formerly built on wetlands to turn them into a marsh with seperatr ponds used to help clean the towns wastewater. Its a big park now and full of birds and otters and snakes and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/benjamincohen/status/1587366150924636163