Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Maxwell Adams posted:

First time I've done a serious pre-grind for a character. Nahida will be ready to go as soon I can mulch the new dendro cube for her.

That's a lotta EM! I need more of that poo poo

Maybe I need to use an EM hat or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpZhGzZ3hNc

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Silly me for expecting just a casual showcase of her kit

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The computer says I'll have enough primos to force Nahida and Raiden if I have to, so I'm definitely doing that. If I lose the flip on both of them, it might be trouble in the case of a potential Ayaka rerun not long after that. But surely I can't lose all three of my first three 50-50s, right?

Right?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Maybe I need to use an EM hat or something

I'm sitting at a little over 780 with sacfrags using a dendro cup, but all my rolls could be waaaaay better. I've also kept a couple of EM goblet options open, since it may wind up that dendro% doesn't beat out stacking EM to 1k.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What’s the best cyno team? Assume Nahida is in the mix

I would assume Cyno/Fish/Nahida/Koko would slap, but I really have no experience with Cyno. I'll probably be running the team with Raiden instead.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Cmonnnn cmonnnnn I need to blow up the internet already!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Cyno wants a shielder because getting interrupted during his burst is a big bummer for his damage output. The whole "gives resistance to interruption" line on his burst basically a lie cause it barely does poo poo.

I've been running Cyno/Fischl/DMC/Zhongli personally. If you don't have the CEO of Geo then Diona or (soon) Layla would be good options since Cryo won't gently caress up your Quickens.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I feel like Nilou has super armor or i-frames or something during her x3 skill rotation because I don't ever remember being knocked out of it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

I am totally interpreting the opening to mean that she can detect missing aranaras!

Other than some minutes of phone gaming I probably wont get a chance to play until monday - woe is me :emo:

e: well I installed it on my work computer :colbert:

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 1, 2022

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1587383965689810947
Someone never wanted to have to find a scarab ever again.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
That's an impressive level of dedication to data collection. I'd never have imagined they'd be tracking the all-time high score for the greatest number of tumbleweeds destroyed in a day. God only knows what use that could be. Does this foreshadow a tumbleweed-centric flagship event in the future?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Almost every live service game tracks data like this since it really helps to diagnose issues. Are players dying to a certain thing or in a certain spot in unexpected amounts? Then something probably need to be fixed or nerfed. Are certain locations being rarely discovered or resources claimed? Then they probably need to adjust world design in later versions. Are people getting unreasonable amounts of a material/mora/whatever? There's probably a bug there. Etc, etc, it's all super useful and often interesting but most companies don't use it in community engagement. I think Valve back in the TF2 days was one of the few that did as well, for example.

Also this is how they track down leakers on the beta servers and why most of them have moved to private servers to show off character models and moves. All they really need is an exact location and an exact action from a video or screenshot and they can probably figure it out, and having a number visible anywhere is basically instant discovery.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah, of course, but what's their use for information on the world's most lethal tumbleweed killing spree, specifically?

I guess if your tools automatically track every kind of interactable object at a per-player level by default, you just get that for free. Or at least for the price of storing a whole bunch of useless additional data for however long, which from their point of view might as well be free.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah, of course, but what's their use for information on the world's most lethal tumbleweed killing spree, specifically?

I guess if your tools automatically track every kind of interactable object at a per-player level by default, you just get that for free. Or at least for the price of storing a whole bunch of useless additional data for however long, which from their point of view might as well be free.

None of those results seemed particularly onerous as far as data storage. If they roll up your daily kills, it's not much data. If they are retaining that you killed a tumbleweed last month at 12:34pm at x,y,z location with Bennett, then yeah that's a pretty hefty amount of information being retained. But we don't have evidence of that.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
they're right about those shaggy sumpter beasts. they will gently caress you up right off a cliff.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Lazy_Liberal posted:

they're right about those shaggy sumpter beasts. they will gently caress you up right off a cliff.

Favourite stat in the whole tweet. I’ve lost a character to them before.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I generally avoid killing any animals in this game, but gently caress those sumpter beasts.

Also, I just pulled Tighnari in the standard banner and that's bad too.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Threw 30 pulls at weapon banner last minute, got Key. Guess I'm building Kuki and making a hyperbloom team.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I would actually be pretty scared if they added Sumpter Beasts to the Abyss

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

I wanna ride the sumpter beasts. Come on Mihoyo, there’s no way you haven’t thought about ripping off the mount mechanics from BotW.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just dumped 39 artifacts into the crafting bench and got a VV EM Goblet and two EM Sands.

Go me.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Has genshin been loading slower for anyone since Sumeru? I have a high end 2022 computer, I'm running genshin off my old SSD but is an SSD. I was used to load times of less than 1 second and now I'm getting more like 5+ seconds whenever I teleport.

gandlethorpe posted:

Silly me for expecting just a casual showcase of her kit
They call those videos Collected Miscellany for some reason. Expect it to be released after the banner.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
There's a bit of caching or something involved when you teleport within one region vs when you teleport from a region to another. Sumeru in particular seems to have to load a bit more compared to Mondstadt though. It's really noticeable if you teleport to a marker next to crystalflies that fly away. If you're in a local area, the teleport completes faster and you can nab them before they fly too far away.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah, there's not much reason to differentiate them in data collection. For all you know there's some weird bug involving killing a tumbleweed as it goes over a cliff or something and you can detect it by seeing an abnormal number of people go and kill a tumbleweed in that spot.

And then you have that data and can pull fun stats that amuse players, even if you aggregate it after a few days.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I wanna ride the sumpter beasts. Come on Mihoyo, there’s no way you haven’t thought about ripping off the mount mechanics from BotW.

Hopefully the part in the latest trailer with Nahida riding a big manta ray (and a giant flower!) is a hint of things to come

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Hopefully the part in the latest trailer with Nahida riding a big manta ray (and a giant flower!) is a hint of things to come

They're in dreams she's visiting, but it would be cool.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

Has genshin been loading slower for anyone since Sumeru? I have a high end 2022 computer, I'm running genshin off my old SSD but is an SSD. I was used to load times of less than 1 second and now I'm getting more like 5+ seconds whenever I teleport.

It does load slower, but only a hair. Uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers from a clean install also did wonders for my load speed and my initial load on login.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Genshin Impact kart racing minigame in the works

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

We're already getting pokefungus. Maybe it'll be good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish Genshing had a physics engine just for Beyblade.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I wish Genshing had a physics engine just for Beyblade.

It does! It just focuses more on grappling angles and plummeting.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Ytlaya posted:

Instead of targeting the person in the lead, the blue shell always goes after Bennet

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
ok also there was a giant desert tortoise or something

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

ok also there was a giant desert tortoise or something

Apparently that's related to Fontaine lore so we got a preview of the next region.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I was thinking about how loving weird it was this game didn't have mounts

I got lost in thought last night and forgot I wasn't playing Final Fantasy xiv

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nyoro posted:

I was thinking about how loving weird it was this game didn't have mounts

I got lost in thought last night and forgot I wasn't playing Final Fantasy xiv

This game doesn't have horses or any animals to pull carts around so of course there's no mounts.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Excuse me there is a designated Calvary Captain. They're just all behind that tree over there.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The cavalry ride balloons. Obviously.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

This game doesn't have horses or any animals to pull carts around so of course there's no mounts.

The lore is Varka took literally every horse in Mondstat with him, right?

Into the great frozen north.

Also, totally seeing his Canadian girlfriend while he's up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I hope Varka's kit is based around him chucking horses at everyone. Like Itto's E, but full sized.