Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
George was actually pulling in several tenths a second over Perez as the race wound down, until he was interrupted by the VSC and lost all those gains and more.

Meanwhile Hamilton gave up and was dropping a few tenths per lap behind Max. Verstappen's mediums lasted forever driving in clean air most of the day.

Worst snipe.

https://i.imgur.com/sRvlZyo.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Feels like Mercedes always goes conservative and it fucks them.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Russian Bear posted:

from a very outsider perspective I think they had a very conservative model for races that was developed when they had a very dominant car and it has not adapted well to situations where they aren't the only good car on the grid (whether it was ever any good or the car just compensated I can't say).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

italian quid posted:

from a very outsider perspective I think they had a very conservative model for races that was developed when they had a very dominant car and it has not adapted well to situations where they aren't the only good car on the grid (whether it was ever any good or the car just compensated I can't say).

I think you're right - they're much better about game-planning and strategizing from the front, and just haven't proven as capable or creative from behind as Red Bull has.

it's also interesting that we're now talking about this again, I remember it coming up last year throughout that title fight, but I guess this means Lewis might really have a chance to Get In There before the end of the season. Who knows.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Russian Bear posted:

Wouldn't imagine Bottas, lewis or Nico were tories tbh. Maybe nico

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Custard Undies posted:

Guys, I'm not sure I can cope without hearing from Horner every race while their indefinite ban on talking to Sky is in effect.

Please send your thoughts and prayers to me.

https://twitter.com/Motor_Sport/status/1587102856326299649

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Russian Bear posted:

Yeah 100%, most famously in the last race of last season! Lewis kept asking about pitting for faster tyres, even if he'd been behind Max at the end at least he'd have had a chance.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Russian Bear posted:

No matter what they did, they were not going to catch Max. I think they just decided to go for the points and hoped Max would break something.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

daslog posted:

No matter what they did, they were not going to catch Max. I think they just decided to go for the points and hoped Max would break something.

During the first stint Hamilton stayed quite close to Max the whole time.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
https://www.si.com/fannation/racing...-this-year-jd22

Lmfao he's gotta be trolling us.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

binotto owns.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Dictator. posted:

Max had it on cruise control.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

look he's a strat fuckups sommelier

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Dictator. posted:

In exactly the same way as I can stay close to a Lamborghini on the motorway so long as he doesn't go over 70.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
You pull out more of a lead if you can to protect yourself from some random pit stop gently caress up or going wide in a corner etc. You don't let the guy behind sit there just two seconds back.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Game recognize game.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

cant even call that a race

- Dietrich Mateschitz, asked about his opinions on society for his magazine

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Red Warrior posted:

You pull out more of a lead if you can to protect yourself from some random pit stop gently caress up or going wide in a corner etc. You don't let the guy behind sit there just two seconds back.
They literally called Max up to say he was easing off too much and he didn't need to. After that he hosed off and they had no chance.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Can’t wait for Audi to come in and turn this sport on its head

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

- Dietrich Mateschitz, asked about his opinions on society for his magazine

lol

MustardFacial posted:

Can’t wait for Audi to come in and turn this sport on its head

gently caress yeah brother!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Red Warrior posted:

Or you don't gently caress your tyres and engine pulling out a big lead only to see an SC for what would have been the 7th straight year take it away from you anyway.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If they were serious about breaches of the budget cap the FIA would mandate that kwazi kwarteng be in charge of Red Bull's budget for next year as punishment

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
when I want to turn the sport on its head the first thing I do is partner up with Sauber

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Feels Villeneuve posted:

when I want to turn the sport on its head the first thing I do is partner up with Sauber

So how many races into the 2026 season before one of their cars finishes the race upside down?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Sports Car racing is not like Formula 1.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Red Bull used to be Jaguar.
Mercedes used to be Brawn Honda

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

BMW didn't do terribly with Sauber in the mid-2000s. Sauber of late has just been a mobile billboard to keep the lights on at Hinwil, but if a manufacturer is going to aggressively develop the team without spending ludicrous amounts on """catering""", then it's not like they don't have the potential to be good.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

ArmZ posted:

binotto owns.

Binottowns was right there.

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals

Clarence posted:

Binottowns was right there.

mission binottowns

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Charles Leclerc posted:

BMW didn't do terribly with Sauber in the mid-2000s. Sauber of late has just been a mobile billboard to keep the lights on at Hinwil, but if a manufacturer is going to aggressively develop the team without spending ludicrous amounts on """catering""", then it's not like they don't have the potential to be good.

BMW won approximately one time with Sauber. Y’know, the exact same number of times the Honda works team did.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

MustardFacial posted:

Why is it that you think Audi will waltz in and start winning?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Frond posted:

The Scud are back.

This was very premature.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The scud ftw

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lol

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Indeed.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

black and orange flagged for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

BMW won approximately one time with Sauber. Y’know, the exact same number of times the Honda works team did.

if you add up all of Nick Heidfeld's second place finishes that must equal at least one and a half extra wins