Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

jesus christ how many loving idiots in cspam believed that fake screenshot about how trump would be back on twitter yesterday, they will not stop loving asking about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

lmnao

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

You guys are getting it wrong, jorp wasn't in a coma because of apple cider.

He was in a medically induced coma to ween off of benzos without going into withdrawal and potentially dying from a seizure... And then promptly started taking benzos again once he was discharged.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i think about this tweet a lot

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
benzos are for weaklings, jorp shoudl move onto the hard stuff: IV benzene

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Spaced God posted:

Didn't he go to Siberia because he wanted to cold turkey off benzos and every western doctor was like "that literally will kill you"

it was his daughter's idea lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Spaced God posted:

Didn't he go to Siberia because he wanted to cold turkey off benzos and every western doctor was like "that literally will kill you"

he did not willingly go there. his daughter was romantically involved with notorious sex trafficker Andrew "Cobra" Tate and the time and they colluded to kidnap and ship him to russia to detox, then brought him to serbia where they fed him an all-beef diet for months.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

Spaced God posted:

fuckin doctors shoulda kept their mouths shut

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
what i mean is that i hope jordan peterson dies painfully

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

sinnesloeschen posted:

fuckin doctors shoulda kept their mouths shut

tbf the right wing messaging / grifting machine is like the mob, if JP had died the underboss would have just moved up a slot.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I thought JP was addicted to those things that come in bars or whatever. That's not bennies, right?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

sinnesloeschen posted:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

My coworker got married and two other coworkers wrote long Jordan Peterson quotes in their congratulations card we passed around the office lol.

One of them did it again when another coworker had a kid

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
im watchin supergreatfriend's LP of deadly premonition and the voice actor for the protagonist just fuckin owns the role

im one of those losers who think video games can sometimes be meaningful/important/""""""""""""art"""""""" tho (ie a fuckin moron)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Greg Legg posted:

My brother hangs on Jordan Peterson's every word. He could do anything else, but he spends his free time watching him on youtube, getting angry, and then getting even angrier that no one else is angry about whatever dumb poo poo he just watched Peterson talk about. I don't get it.

sounds like your brother is a big fat idiot

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

sinnesloeschen posted:

I don't but I don't know a daggone thing about him and probably hope to keep it that way. But crying on the internet is a solid shtick. That leave Brittany alone guy would have gotten a solid cash infusion if he had lined up his ducks.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

petit choux posted:

I thought JP was addicted to those things that come in bars or whatever. That's not bennies, right?

Xanax comes in bars and is a benzo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

god i hope elon runs twitter into the ground and it dies

its ruined so many brains

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

sinnesloeschen posted:

im watchin supergreatfriend's LP of deadly premonition and the voice actor for the protagonist just fuckin owns the role

im one of those losers who think video games can sometimes be meaningful/important/""""""""""""art"""""""" tho (ie a fuckin moron)

God that's such a good LP, I completely forgot about it

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

feels like someone is getting real bent out of shape over this twitter thing
think you need to relax and just trump

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

Where will you get your polls though?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Greg Legg posted:

My brother hangs on Jordan Peterson's every word. He could do anything else, but he spends his free time watching him on youtube, getting angry, and then getting even angrier that no one else is angry about whatever dumb poo poo he just watched Peterson talk about. I don't get it.

on a scale of zero to alex jones, how divorced would you say your brother is

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Spaced God posted:

My coworker got married and two other coworkers wrote long Jordan Peterson quotes in their congratulations card we passed around the office lol.

Wtf?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Spaced God posted:

Where will you get your polls though?

i wouldn't. hallejulia

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Lol

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

Spaced God posted:

before i quit teaching i got an invite to go to this roundtable with a neurologist who introduced the idea of the "non-integrated brain", basically, that fuckup kids had literal neurological damage (without the presence of FAS and TBI, etc) and we were tasked with helping to develop a schema to work to integrate the brain to assist in things like executive function and impulse control that was really gonna help kids in really god awful situations to make it out alive (like i did, i guess) but then the neuro starts just goin on this fuckin BENDER about how jordan peterson had good ideas and BIOTRUTHS and all this poo poo and it was like all the goodwill and work that i wanted to do just fuckin evaporated into a beef-scented mist

gently caress you jordan peterson

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Readin' some Chogyam Trungpa and listenin' to some Wyndam Hill babee

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

One of those coworkers is the one who ~jokingly~ called my mom a childfucker and then tried to get the PTSD'd out war vet to talk about shooting people and wanted to gauge his interest on "violently overthrowing Cuba and Venezuela" so jorpes quotes are pretty minor

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

petit choux posted:

i've always heard "bennies" as benadryl from people who abuse that. there was a kid i knew in high school who did that poo poo and we called his little friend group "bennie and the jets" lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Spaced God posted:

One of those coworkers is the one who ~jokingly~ called my mom a childfucker and then tried to get the PTSD'd out war vet to talk about shooting people and wanted to gauge his interest on "violently overthrowing Cuba and Venezuela" so jorpes quotes are pretty minor

where the gently caress do you work and why do you work there

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

scully: victim died of multiple skin cancers
mulder: *throws her a file* ever heard of the turpm alien?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Ahhh the poll plane is posting itt

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
everything g is i ruins

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Schnorkles posted:

elon is the greatest living genius since america's fanciest president, twitter's gonna make him a billion dollars

(which would be great if he hadn't paid 44 billion for it)

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

Spaced God posted:

:catstare:

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Spaced God posted:

Oh okay, sorry, they seem really well adjusted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

where the gently caress do you work and why do you work there

Florida, and it was the only job that offered when I graduated in winter 2020 lmao. Can't find anywhere else that does what I do (science poo poo) that pays better or even the same