Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
amazing how far this thing got without anyone saying "this is really loving stupid, we should not do this"

https://twitter.com/jonbernhardt/status/1587475594501038080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

i vomit kittens posted:

striking down voting rights in the supreme court and making it so only people who pay for at least one sponsored post on twitter can cast a ballot

with posting comes citizenship

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/BBCBweaking/status/1587461545994457089

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Twitter Check Guarantees Citizenship

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
ah yes, the two warring houses of Verona, Jews and Nazis,

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Durf posted:

groyper is a new frog mascot nazis adopted after the Pepe guy sued them

frens are a bunch of groypers babytalking their plans for holocaust

fren apparently stands for “Far-Rright-Ethno-Nationalist”

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i googled groyper and that's the first time i've ever seen that frog which i think is a good thing

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

amazing how far this thing got without anyone saying "this is really loving stupid, we should not do this"

:lmao: someone saw The Producers and thought “this is actually a really good idea “

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

even if he didn't use it again it would be good to have the account active so that we could reminisce old tweets in native form again

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Ryanbarwick/status/1587430944448864258
https://twitter.com/Ryanbarwick/status/1587432859505233920

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

UFOTacoMan posted:

It rules, there are some slow parts but the good parts are fantastic.

Yea I'm currently reading The Dark Forest and it's at the part where the cosmological sociology dude is just hanging out with the made up lover in his head while he's on the airplane. loving speed reading through this poo poo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

i googled groyper and that's the first time i've ever seen that frog which i think is a good thing

u might say... ur a rare pepe

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Spaced God posted:

One thing I like about zoomer humor is how quick it is. If you don't like a zoomer meme it's over in like six seconds. If a boomer wants to send me a funny video though? That poo poo is like four minutes. And if it's not funny I gotta sit there through all of it while they show me

People "reacting" to things is just the absolute shittiest type of video and should be scrubbed from the internet. Anything that isn't just screaming I can tolerate.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i wanna get her book but I bet it'll make me really sad

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
IPG=International Posting Group

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
actually why isn't there a posting union

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Yea I'm currently reading The Dark Forest and it's at the part where the cosmological sociology dude is just hanging out with the made up lover in his head while he's on the airplane. loving speed reading through this poo poo

the last two books should have been one book imo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ex post facho posted:

there is a posting union gang tag so i always assumed there was a posting union.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Durf posted:

i wanna get her book but I bet it'll make me really sad

if you want to be really sad, turn off your monitor

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

got stuck their myself and gonna force myself through, hoping it has the payoff I think it should

his imaginary waifu mind palace is a trap/decoy for the omniscient aliens

ex post facho posted:

if you want to be really sad, turn off your monitor

u motherfuckre

Durf has issued a correction as of 17:24 on Nov 1, 2022

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1587465303319003141

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
the only thing I ever do on Twitter is post mean responses to corporations and journalists so I can’t think of anything Musk could do that will make me stop that

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

ex post facho posted:

Too many people out there willing to give it away for free

It would be nice to get union representation to bring back some of the fallen posters though.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
dolan trump drive the road train bitch

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Joementum posted:

:wow:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
that thing clearly started out as "what if we did a non-binary romeo and juliet?" which is at least a somewhat interesting idea and then someone tried to add on their own idea and it went immediately off the rails

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

fuckin thought i was having a stroke or something

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Joementum posted:

wow

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Good Citizen posted:

the only thing I ever do on Twitter is post mean responses to corporations and journalists so I can’t think of anything Musk could do that will make me stop that

grats ur one of Tom Nichols posting pals

https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2022/10/im-staying-on-twitter/671951/

quote:

As my Atlantic colleague Norm Ornstein puts it ... many of us have “built a community of friendships that [we] would never have found otherwise,” including people who are “interesting, morally strong and admirable.” Norm does not want to lose that, and neither do I.

what a freak lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Posters International Solidarity Syndicate

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

that thing clearly started out as "what if we did a non-binary romeo and juliet?" which is at least a somewhat interesting idea and then someone tried to add on their own idea and it went immediately off the rails

Romeo and Juliet works because it’s two rich families who have a beef over something so stupid no one even mentions it. Like it’s perfectly reasonable for Juliet’s parents to be like “don’t date that weird nazi kid all of his fiends and family literally want to murder us”

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

ex post facho posted:

d&d definitely not already shrinking and turning into a corncob

Can someone tell me what the gently caress is going on?! What happened?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Joementum posted:

I'm just shocked they didn't do the obvious horrible pun

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
It seems shocking to me that with as lovely as our current social media sites are no one has come along with the next big thing. I guess it's TikTok, but I just keep waiting for someone to make the next post based friendster/myspace/facebook/twitter/etc.

At this point maybe the big guys are too entrenched not to buy and drown any possible competition.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Can someone tell me what the gently caress is going on?! What happened?

it's very simple, you see.

trump!

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Durf posted:

got stuck their myself and gonna force myself through, hoping it has the payoff I think it should

his imaginary waifu mind palace is a trap/decoy for the omniscient aliens

u motherfuckre

Oh I was thinking it would just help him live in his own head for when he gets frozen & has to figure out how to defeat the trisolarians without telling anyone anything

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Substandard posted:

It seems shocking to me that with as lovely as our current social media sites are no one has come along with the next big thing. I guess it's TikTok, but I just keep wainting for someone to make the next post based friendster/myspace/facebook/twitter/etc.

At this point maybe the big guys are too entrenched not to buy and drown any possible competition.

the best form of posting was already invented and you're doing it, congrats

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

ex post facho posted:

the best form of posting was already invented and you're doing it, congrats

trumpo

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

embed the truths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

christ on a cracker I just got my first eye exam since I was a kid and I didn't know ahead of time that my vision would be all blurry from pupil dilation afterwards, thank god I went to a place that's just a few minutes' walk from my apartment