Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ex post facho posted:

actually why isn't there a posting union

my forums posting contract is covered by WGA East

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

tacodaemon posted:

christ on a cracker I just got my first eye exam since I was a kid and I didn't know ahead of time that my vision would be all blurry from pupil dilation afterwards, thank god I went to a place that's just a few minutes' walk from my apartment

yr cones got owned

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
romeo and juliet is a poo poo garbage play for morons

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

christ on a cracker I just got my first eye exam since I was a kid and I didn't know ahead of time that my vision would be all blurry from pupil dilation afterwards, thank god I went to a place that's just a few minutes' walk from my apartment

td what do you think they make you put in eyedrops for lol

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

ex post facho posted:

the best form of posting was already invented and you're doing it, congrats

Maybe SA will become the epicenter of internet posting for everyone again, but I'm not holding my breath. Forums are definitely the best form of posting, with the possible exception of Discord, which is basically forums.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/E5G1WtS.mp4

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
also some optometrists have this thing called Optomap which gives you a better interior view of your eye and doesn't require dilation

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Substandard posted:

Maybe SA will become the epicenter of internet posting for everyone again, but I'm not holding my breath. Forums are definitely the best form of posting, with the possible exception of Discord, which is basically forums.

Discord is like... private twitter. Sucks for referencing anything after more than a few minutes

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
god I loving hate everything

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

why do people treat this as a revelation
this has been the game for loving decades now

in the lib brain o sphere, pointing out a problem is the same as doing something about that problem

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ex post facho posted:

td what do you think they make you put in eyedrops for lol

lol I didn't know anything about eye exams at all except "they make you look through a thing and say letters"

how the heck do people in car-dependent places get home from the eye doctor, good grief

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Tension within loyalist communities is greater than at any point since the ceasefires of 1994, the Progressive Unionist Party (PUP) leader has said.

Billy Hutchinson said political developments, including Brexit protocol arrangements, had caused rising anger.

His comments echo views expressed in a letter to unionist party leaders by the Loyalist Communities Council (LCC).

It warned of "dire consequences" if joint London-Dublin rule of Northern Ireland was imposed in the continued absence of Stormont.

The Northern Ireland Office has said that joint authority is not under consideration.

Speaking on BBC Radio Ulster's Stephen Nolan programme, Mr Hutchinson, whose party is linked to the UVF, said: "I do not want to see violence.

"We need to make politics work. I want the British government to listen that there is tension. "This is real. People should not be poo-pooing it.
"We cannot ignore loyalism. We are part of this society and we need to move forward together."

Mr Hutchinson denied that his remarks and the LCC letter made public last week amounted to a threat of violence.

It has previously been acknowledged that the so-called Irish Sea border arrangements on trade flows between Great Britain and Northern Ireland have created discontent within loyalism and unionism.
It was one of the factors at play in successive nights of street disorder in April 2021.

Vote! (but not for catholics this time, or else protestants will burn the whole thing down)

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Substandard posted:

It seems shocking to me that with as lovely as our current social media sites are no one has come along with the next big thing. I guess it's TikTok, but I just keep waiting for someone to make the next post based friendster/myspace/facebook/twitter/etc.

At this point maybe the big guys are too entrenched not to buy and drown any possible competition.

i know a few people that have moved to Discord to use it like an old forum or BBS, basically running away from content aggregation to small communities focused on their topic of interest

also know people getting dumb phones cause gently caress this smart bull poo poo

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

ex post facho posted:

also some optometrists have this thing called Optomap which gives you a better interior view of your eye and doesn't require dilation

this poo poo is loving crazy. i used one for the first time when i got an exam a few months ago and the poo poo it makes you see while it's doing its thing rivals psychedelic drugs

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

new kind of cat posted:

romeo and juliet is a poo poo garbage play for morons

wow, it's your favorite play you say?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

just saw this last night lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5LTQhBQaAQ

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

lol I didn't know anything about eye exams at all except "they make you look through a thing and say letters"

how the heck do people in car-dependent places get home from the eye doctor, good grief

with cool wraparound shades 😎

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

nice

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Louisgod posted:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

:farf:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

also I thought I was "boymoding" for the appointment because my insurance is still under my old name but the examiner kept calling me "young lady" so I guess I just radiate girl energy or some poo poo (I also have an effeminate sounding voice and the sort of hair dye job that sends chuds into apoplexy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1rG5sfVUuY

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Durf posted:

i know a few people that have moved to Discord to use it like an old forum or BBS, basically running away from content aggregation to small communities focused on their topic of interest

also know people getting dumb phones cause gently caress this smart bull poo poo

Goon project: make a social media site that runs on WWIV

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

I had my first one in my late 20s and i rode to it on a bike and i came out into the noon sun just staggering around and using the bike as a walker for a few miles

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Lol

Lmao

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

tacodaemon posted:

Lol very carefully.

Just like you I had an eye exam about two months ago. The first since 2004. I knew about the eyedrops making me sensitive to light but not that it hosed with my near-sighted vision. I couldn't really see the gauges when driving but my house was only a 5 minute drive from the office.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

tacodaemon posted:

most people just go back to work and look at bad screen

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

shamon

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1587463778064601092

Lmao she’s not kidding but you can find this content on SA too in cspam

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

high as poo poo on thioserin, just feeling immune as gently caress

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
how has no one come up with an easy boil egg yet. smh

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1587481013386547200/pu/vid/576x1024/sFHxEzMfHygrSlE9.mp4

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

The egg-z, the easy egg. I guess it could just be a silicon thing that goes around an egg and you put water in it and toss it in the microwave

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

ex post facho posted:

They always try to upsell me on that poo poo and im like no give me the drugs

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

they need to make superheated hens that lay pre-boiled eggs

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

really loving hate everything!!!

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
laughing at people who don’t know how to cook lmao

including my wife lololol

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

tacodaemon posted:

they need to make superheated hens that lay pre-boiled eggs

drat that wouold save so much time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Hahahaha How Is Egg Boiling Hard Like Just Put The Egg In A Pot And Close Your Eyes