Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

senator binks being harassed and murdered by space cops because he's driving a speeder that's "too nice" for him and say he can't be a senator because he doesn't speak "proper basic" is something this show can probably pull off in a way that's utterly harrowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 1, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

If I remember right didn’t Jar Jar essentially remain a strong loyalist to the Empire even after it became fully established (though he would have lost his job anyway after Palpatine dissolved the senate)?

Nope

He was exiled from his people due to aiding in the rise of the Empire and became a performer in Theed's streets - liked by children, hated by adults

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Nope

He was exiled from his people due to aiding in the rise of the Empire and became a performer in Theed's streets - liked by children, hated by adults

Ah right, nevermind then

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
You might be conflating that with Captain Panaka, who did the full buy in. He became a Moff and eventually gets blown up by Saw's Partisans in 3 BBY.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

Nope

Where did this happen

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

zoux posted:

Where did this happen

Good question, where does Wookiepedia get all these elaborate backstories anyway?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

zoux posted:

Where did this happen

Theed.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Formerly Chuck's.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Larryb posted:

Good question, where does Wookiepedia get all these elaborate backstories anyway?

Comics, reference books, normal books, etc. Same as the old EU, just with a new set of source texts.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vinylshadow posted:

Nope

Some moronic chuck austen story or some poo poo where the real message is "Disney Star Wars is fixing the prequels' mistakes, Jar Jar should be shamed for even existing"

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

zoux posted:

Formerly Chuck's.

:golfclap:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mameluke posted:

chuck austen

lol, say no more

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

zoux posted:

Where did this happen

Memes and Chuck Wendig's herkily-jerkily writing aside, it's from Aftermath: Empire's End

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's only one chuck they should be hiring to write for the EU, and his last name is tingle

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Speaking of Jar Jar...

Galactic Pals: Gungan; Loth-Cat

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

No Mods No Masters posted:

There's only one chuck they should be hiring to write for the EU, and his last name is tingle

Gonked in the Butt by my own Gonk

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Dingleberry2 posted:

The "movie" is truly not bad at all. It's simply 3 episodes cut together. So the animation and story telling is just like any other Clone Wars arc. I believe the only difference is that SLJ voices Windu. While it's not spectacular on its own, it's the introduction to Ahsoka.

The people who say it's terrible are the ones who never actually watched The Clone Wars.

Nah I like parts of Clone Wars but you've got to admit it starts out really bad. I remember recording it on DVR when it was first airing and stopped watching it like 5 episodes in. I went back years later and watched it all but it doesn't get good until later. Rebels starts out really bad too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I would like to see some justice for Jar Jar. Sure, he was annoying and prone to loving up but if that were a capital offence, there wouldn’t be a Goon left alive. Let things turn out alright for him in the end, yo.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't think things have turned out alright in the end for anyone in the star war, I don't think jar jar alone should get a pass

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Preview for tomorrow's episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6oSYmFpctM

Interesting to see that the hand signal communication isn't exactly a secret and Kino doesn't even really crack down on it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

I would like to see some justice for Jar Jar.

Yeah give him the chair

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

zoux posted:

Yeah give him the chair

Strike him down and he'll become more powerful than we could possibly imagine

PurpleSky
Jun 28, 2022
That clip could be hinting that Kino is aware of a prison break plan and might be helping to plan it.

Thanks for posting. I can't wait for the next episode.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

Interesting to see that the hand signal communication isn't exactly a secret and Kino doesn't even really crack down on it.

Did the Imps just electrocute all of Level 2 :ohdear:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

PunkBoy posted:

gently caress this show is so good, the tension is just palpable in this clip i cant wait. Apparently screeners have gone out to critics for 8 and 9 and theyre bangers.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

PurpleSky posted:

That clip could be hinting that Kino is aware of a prison break plan and might be helping to plan it.

Yeah, when everything goes down, I wonder if Kino stands with the guards, or is the first person to shove a knife in their throat.

Cross-Section posted:

Did the Imps just electrocute all of Level 2 :ohdear:

Oh gently caress. :ohdear:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am edging so hard right now. Every scene goes so hard, even in isolation, every episode is like that perfect album here every track could be a top 10 single.

God drat.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
lmao at the thumbnail giving it Full Gollumface.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Do you suppose Nemik is the sort to put references to his natural surroundings when he's writing his manifesto; use local materials for the covers or refer to the Aldhani landscape or way of life while they were camping out for months getting ready for the heist? Andor's stash in Keef Gurga's appartment connects him to Ferrix through Karn's blaster, but I wonder what there besides a stack of Imperial credits links him to Aldhani.

I suspect that Dedra will make the connection, and assume that Andor is Axis's best operative hitting all these facilities then vanishing, while Andor is still in his mercenary/criminal phase and Luthen is still trying to track him down.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

PurpleSky posted:

I think it's this honestly. He's just trying to keep a lid on it so that he doesn't get hosed if the plan falls through. That way, if the prison break is successful, great, he got out early. If not, at least he has plausible deniability.

Scumbag behaviour, but definitely something I can see from a man in his position.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
How is it scumbag behavior if he doesn’t gain anything besides continuing to live in the latter scenario?

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
I don't see him as evil or a scumbag at all. He's realistic and trying to ensure the best case scenario given an incredibly horrible situation. At least thus far we haven't seen him getting any "privileges" or special treatment. It's worth pointing out that even kapos were mostly people just trying to survive in impossible conditions, though I'm sure some relished the opportunity to bully fellow prisoners. He just strikes me as pissed off and ready to get the gently caress out. I wouldn't judge inmates in the US prison system for trying to get out and cajoling their fellow prisoners for doing it. So much of the series is about how people operate on the margins, trying to make the best of what's in front of them.

Love Rat fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 2, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Plausible deniability and using the trust the guards give you in control over a group of prisoners can be very useful depending on how you use it - the prison seems severely understaffed for the amount of prisoners they're looking after

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

Does he need to? I mean he could be a total dick all the time for no reason and crack down on everything but then that would probably turn everyone against him. People there are starved for news and distractions, so why not let them pass info when they can so they have something to do, as long as it doesnt screw things up for him.

Agree with Love Rat, this show is full of people just being... people. Do we have to sift everyone through a 'secret bad guy, secret rebel' or 'only doing this cause they are secretly Andor's sister' filters?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vinylshadow posted:

Plausible deniability and using the trust the guards give you in control over a group of prisoners can be very useful depending on how you use it - the prison seems severely understaffed for the amount of prisoners they're looking after

When you can just push a button and kill everyone you probably don't need that many guards until you accidentally incarcerate the Floor Is Lava galactic champion

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Azhais posted:

When you can just push a button and kill everyone you probably don't need that many guards until you accidentally incarcerate the Floor Is Lava galactic champion

Has a Jedi ever levitated/flown in the EU? Seems like a trivial feat when you can lift giant pillars of stone/literal starships, and the force can be used for super speed/super jumping, so it can clearly act on the user.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Luke did in the Courtship of Princess Leia, back in the ancient times.

Someone, Han probably, suggested that it might be where his surname came from.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Luke's X-wing blew up while entering the atmosphere in one book (The Witches Of Dathomir i think?) and he floated down to the surface. Another character watching him wondered if that was where the name Skywalker came from

E: ha, beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

For happening exactly once in like two sentences in a book I last read 25 years ago, it was weirdly memorable.