Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
of course, that would mean that putin would only have to pay like $0.60/mo for his check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

UFOTacoMan posted:

a long time ago an old lady roasted me at work cause I was putting lots of sugar and milk in some coffee.
She said "UFO you don't like coffee, you like ice cream" and from that day forward I began drinking it black.
Ridicule and spite gets things done.

you like ice cream drink the ice cream

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Joementum posted:

in awe of this guy's desire to get every coder working for him to quit

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587499283573530625

"True equality can be obtained by setting up a recurring payment to the world's richest man" is a pretty good metaphor for liberalism

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mill Bitchell was a modern day Cassandra. His foresight was his downfall

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Joementum posted:

in awe of this guy's desire to get every coder working for him to quit

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587499283573530625

Yes that's exactly what the millions of shitposters on twitter desperately want: to confirm their real identity on their @weedlordbonerhitler account

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Owning the libs by taking massive toilet clogging shits then complaining about low flow toilets

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Consummate Professional posted:

lmao this dude has no idea how to monetize

at 400,000 verified users he's looking at recouping an absolute pie-in-the-sky maximum of around $40M per year, which won't even finance a tenth of the company's debt.

lmao

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

oops, gently caress, my spanish is really bad

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Schmoe Cwead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi-Up8Xuh9c

look out for the release of the new albumen

its out now!

i love the dude's hand getting more and more hosed up as the experiment goes on.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Ben Nerevarine posted:

salt breaks down the proteins in raw egg, you’re making your eggs too soupy, you will regret this!!

https://www.seriouseats.com/does-pre-salting-eggs-make-them-tough

I know Kenji has written/talked about this myth as well

It's bullshit

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

goth smoking cloves posted:

https://www.seriouseats.com/does-pre-salting-eggs-make-them-tough

I know Kenji has written/talked about this myth as well

It's bullshit

not reading all that

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
im purchase power parity

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

im purchase power parity

not to be confused with purchase power parody

which is what Musk did buying twitter

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

alternatively, tons of fake accounts will use stolen credit cards, get verified, and then twitter deals with chargebacks until the payment processors lose their poo poo

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

ben shapino posted:

Yes that's exactly what the millions of shitposters on twitter desperately want: to confirm their real identity on their @weedlordbonerhitler account

He's deluded into thinking he can make ordinary users pay for it, but also deluded in thinking it won't cost a ton to build the infrastructure to maintain that verification (if they even bother to actually verify and not just hand out blue checks to anyone)

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

not for long shitlord

Love you too :wink:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Apparently there was a fan-made follow-up to "Death's End" that was so good Liu Cixin endorsed it and it was published as a companion novella. "The Redemption of Time"

oh poo poo, I'll need to check that out. I don't know where you even go with it after Death's End.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

why would I advertise on twitter if there’s a feature to halve my potential audience

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
in mexico they call them Scrambled Huevos

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

My gf thinks I'm ridiculous for scrambling the eggs in a seperate bowl by mixing with the salt and maybe spices for like 3 minutes straight and then letting them rest for 15 minutes before putting in the hot pan

She scrambles them in the pan like a peasant and they stick

I too, scramble them in a pan wtf is this bougie stirring them up in a seperate bowl poo poo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

why would I advertise on twitter if there’s a feature to halve my potential audience

ah well you see, advertisers can pay twice as much to override the halving feature

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

gotdon ramsey lookin rear end resting eggs for 15 minutes lmao

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pead posted:

He's deluded into thinking he can make ordinary users pay for it, but also deluded in thinking it won't cost a ton to build the infrastructure to maintain that verification (if they even bother to actually verify and not just hand out blue checks to anyone)

they're not going to verify identity, it's no longer the function of the blue check

that's the entire point of doing this

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

zerocool wider

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Ben Nerevarine posted:

not reading all that

That's okay, your eggs are probably still good so it doesn't really matter

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

oh poo poo oh gently caress i dont know how to stop it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
lmfao if elon lets anyone pay for verified status, that will own so hard

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

aaaaaah this is not scrambled eggs

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Pead posted:

sounds like they arent going to bother with verification and also paying for blue doesnt remove ads from articles anymore so ur basically just paying for a little blue badge that signifies that u have paid for it to be there

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

WrasslorMonkey posted:

This is what 100 covid infections does to your body

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

BONGHITZ posted:

you like ice cream drink the ice cream

I'm over it. the old lady was right, coffee with stuff in it tastes gross to me now.

Lpzie 2
Nov 1, 2022

When you elect nuts, you get squirrels!
palnold Jay panump

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/minispaintshow/status/1587174580052860928?s=46&t=O5dIxrTPivTVfJ6C5QNcHw

holy poo poo that is a sick spack marine outfit for someone whose gonna outgrow it in 3 months

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I still can't get over how a hammer wielding psycho broke into the Speaker of the House's house (lol) and half the country is just laughing about it.

If some lib snowflake had've broken into a prominent GOP member's house, we'd have the PATRIOT ACT part 2 being signed right now

Well, that is if a big tough badass let the snowflake escape with his life. They're all real badass you know

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WrasslorMonkey posted:

my man there got the experimental upper-jaw-removal surgery. the procedure is big on tiktok

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Gun memes are awesome lol

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

are you all still talking about eggs?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol wtf

check out the date

https://twitter.com/AssLatam/status/1587271152422068224

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

holtemon posted:

I still can't get over how a hammer wielding psycho broke into the Speaker of the House's house (lol) and half the country is just laughing about it.

If some lib snowflake had've broken into a prominent GOP member's house, we'd have the PATRIOT ACT part 2 being signed right now

Well, that is if a big tough badass let the snowflake escape with his life. They're all real badass you know

eh it's like when someone threw a shoe at g.w. bush, except it's a hammer

also i don't care very much about nancy pelosi's husband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

holtemon posted:

Gun memes are awesome lol

Protecting them with my butthole