Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

What's so cursed about tying your hair back with rubber ba... oh.

Oh.

Cursed tax:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

Their definition of Free Thinker is someone who's free to think and say all the horribly regressive stuff they believe without "liberals" punishing them for it because what they believe is "Just the honest truth of how the world really works".

This is one of those rare times where your weird, overly political culture war injected posts is probably true.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Dave Syndrome posted:

What's so cursed about tying your hair back with rubber ba... oh.

Oh.

Cursed tax:

bone apple teacup

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Linux Pirate posted:

This is one of those rare times where your weird, overly political culture war injected posts is probably true.

this is the worst thing i've seen in a long time, holy poo poo

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

`Nemesis posted:

this is the worst thing i've seen in a long time, holy poo poo

Maybe because I'm a cat person who doesn't really care for dogs, it made me laugh out loud.

That said, people who leave their pets in hot cars should be shot into the sun.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Linux Pirate posted:

that's dark lol from me

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Teathcup and saucer.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Maybe because I'm a cat person who doesn't really care for dogs, it made me laugh out loud.
I love dogs (and cats, and also hot dogs) but I still got a chuckle out of it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Linux Pirate posted:

Ironcrowned? Is that you?

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

!Klams posted:

God, this brought back an old memory.

One of my first jobs was at a supermarket. On my induction day, there were 3 of us, I went into Fruit and Veg, one guy went somewhere else, but the third guy went on the deli counter, which was just next to the FRV area, so I thought, you know, we'd be friends because I could talk to him if there was any downtime. (I mean there never really was, to be fair, but you know.)

On his first day, he just stayed at the back, not going out to talk to customers, cooking a rotisserie chicken, and then eating it. Like the idea of me eating a 'grape' was drilled into me as a sackable offense, but there he was, shirking work to just cook and eat a whole chicken. And another. And another, constantly, from 9am to 7:30pm, with a break for lunch. (?!)

He did this every day. The other guy on the deli counter complained, and they gave him a stern talking to and what have you, and he just went back and cooked and ate chickens. Wouldn't talk to anyone or anything, it was SO loving WEIRD. Eventually, he got fired, but gently caress me. It was weeks. Weeks of this dude just essentially stealing chickens from Waitrose all day long. What the actual gently caress was the deal there, because... like... WHAT?

I'm sorry but was this your coworker?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

!Klams posted:

One of my first jobs was at a supermarket. On my induction day, there were 3 of us, I went into Fruit and Veg, one guy went somewhere else, but the third guy went on the deli counter, which was just next to the FRV area, so I thought, you know, we'd be friends because I could talk to him if there was any downtime. (I mean there never really was, to be fair, but you know.)

On his first day, he just stayed at the back, not going out to talk to customers, cooking a rotisserie chicken, and then eating it. Like the idea of me eating a 'grape' was drilled into me as a sackable offense, but there he was, shirking work to just cook and eat a whole chicken. And another. And another, constantly, from 9am to 7:30pm, with a break for lunch. (?!)

He did this every day. The other guy on the deli counter complained, and they gave him a stern talking to and what have you, and he just went back and cooked and ate chickens. Wouldn't talk to anyone or anything, it was SO loving WEIRD. Eventually, he got fired, but gently caress me. It was weeks. Weeks of this dude just essentially stealing chickens from Waitrose all day long. What the actual gently caress was the deal there, because... like... WHAT?

Heroes of capitalism :911:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

!Klams posted:

How many grapes did you eat?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

wesleywillis posted:

How many grapes did you eat?

That job was super busy so I super rarely had any time to eat even a grape. The first time I really wanted to do it, I opened up a crate of bananas (like ripped off the cellophane wrapper around the crate) in the fridge room downstairs to have one on the sly, and a spider the size of a plate climbed out. Produce of Zambia. Scared the everliving poo poo outta me and I never went back for seconds. Found a knife in the oranges once, and I would find pens regularly enough that I never had to buy any while I worked there. (Wash your fruit, yo).

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Liquid Chicken posted:

Nah, I have sex, wife and kids.
for the love of god people oxford comma your poo poo :stonklol:

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Splicer posted:

:vince:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Splicer posted:

for the love of god, people, and oxford, comma your poo poo :stonklol:

You got it boss :britain:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Wait, so this goon has a sex wife?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Splicer posted:

*you're

Descend to slumber
May 12, 2001

Liquid Chicken posted:

Nah, I have sex, wife and kids. Hair too. This guy would eat 40 hot wings in one sitting. Apparently, he was "normal" and did well (Eagle Scout, Judo black belt, excellent student) until he had a really bad car accident that required the Jaws of Life and a Life Flight. His whole personality changed and he became a total slob. This was an old co-worker in archaeology. It's field in which there's oodles of odd characters. I'm pretty benign compared to many of them. I never got a nickname like Joe Boy, Birdman, Wolf Boy, etc.

Can confirm field archaeology as a career is cursed as gently caress, but in a fun way sometimes.

There are memes about it but they're very community-specific.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Descend to slumber posted:

There are memes about it but they're very community-specific.

We hunger for esoteric memes.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

wesleywillis posted:

I am a sex wife

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Sex wife, working wife, cleaning wife, trophy wife, sex wife, weed wife.

Lol if you don't have a wife for everything.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

How do you keep track of all the wives?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

By popular demand posted:

How do you keep track of all the wives?

I don't have to. That's the Admin wife's job.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't have to. That's the Admin wife's job.

Wouldn't you just have Enrique keep track of the wives for you?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Well technically she goes by Enrika now. Also she's the zookeeper wife so she's got her hands full.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

!Klams posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVLZy5UwKUs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The General posted:

Sex wife, working wife, cleaning wife, trophy wife, sex wife, weed wife.

Lol if you don't have a wife for everything.

Look at Mr Rockefeller over here with two sex wives

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
* Tom Jones voice * Sex wives, sex wives, you’re my sex wives!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

!Klams posted:

The more I read this, the more it gives off serial killer vibes.

Content:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Yaldabaoth posted:

The more I read this, the more it gives off serial killer vibes.

Really? I got Budweiser's Real American Heroes vibes from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMTOXAcCkIw

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

axolotl farmer posted:

A package of frozen mice for pet snakes

good to see forevial delantinized guy got some work

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

ChubbyChecker posted:

drat, we got a sexhaver here

holy moly!!!! how does he do it? Is there some sort of manual that I can buy? Do I need to drink a gallon of both wing sauce and Dr. Pepper before I try cunnilingus?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Jfc, what is this horror and how can I keep it out of my life? I now have to worry about vein health? These stupid loving bodies were designed by an idiot :(

Descend to slumber
May 12, 2001

Bar Ran Dun posted:

We hunger for esoteric memes.

Here's a sample of recent ones, some are reused from general construction guy memes but still fit the context, others are very archaeology specific, I have spoiler texted my own comments in case you want to enjoy the images without commentary:

FD = field director (e.g. a person qualified to lead the work on site), FT = field tech (e.g. a person qualified to dig holes and look for artifacts).

This is very regionally specific as I am sure you have guessed

He-Man memes were very popular for a few months

Office and field based roles usually have some level of beef with one another - field staff typically portray office staff as soft, inexperienced, and unable to cope with strenuous work, office staff typically portray field staff as layabouts who use health and safety or weather issues to work slowly or delay work entirely.

Descend to slumber fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 1, 2022

The General
Mar 4, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Look at Mr Rockefeller over here with two sex wives

One of the sex wives is to sex the other non sex wives.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I don't know, after a certain number of wives you just start feeling redundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Descend to slumber posted:

Office and field based roles usually have some level of beef with one another - field staff typically portray office staff as soft, inexperienced, and unable to cope with strenuous work, office staff typically portray field staff as layabouts who use health and safety or weather issues to work slowly or delay work entirely.

LOL. I worked as a field tech / field archaeologist for twenty years - so many ticks, poison ivy, yellow jackets/ground bees, black widow spiders in the screens, venomous snakes, crazy rear end co-workers, drunk or drugged or both at the same time co-workers, lovely motels, lovely motel room shared with a co-worker of the type mentioned earlier, paid dick, having to keep receipts for all your food in hopes of reimbursement for that $20/day per diem, work in temp ranges from -20 F to 110F, and smell like a mix of dirt, sweat and Deet. CRM field archaeology is one of the most cursed rear end professions. You do get to dress like an unwashed homeless person for work. Yes office workers look down their noses at the field folk and it's even worse if the archaeology dept. is housing in an engineering firm (gently caress you Louis Berger, Inc., URS, Greenhorne & O'mara and other poo poo engineer firms). Office folk would call us "Sticks & Bones" as well as Raggamuffins as if we strolled out of the Charles Dicken's novel.

For the curse tax - 2003 Secaucus, NJ. Aerial photo of the burial removal project for an exit ramp to a train station. We removed over 4,500 bodies by hand. This was a potter's field - burials of the damned. Unknowns picked up dead off the streets, prisoners, asylum patients, poorhouse residents, orphans, smallpox hospital patients and anyone else unwanted. You can see the grave shafts in the pic - two burials per shaft. We worked from the cold of winter, through the heat of summer and end in the fall. So much loving mud - much of it contaminated with a witches's brew of chemicals (hey! it's New Jersey!). At one point we excavated skeletons from under the supports of the NJ turnpike. Most of us lived in an Extended Stay hotel for this time period. Lots of booze, drugs, parties, cook outs and hook ups on our off hours. I even met my wife here (dig buddies). The buildings on the property were from a youth detention center (kiddie prison). Building on the left - where we ate lunch, changed clothes, stored some tools and where banker boxes of skeletal remains were processed. Similar building on the right is where those banker boxes of 4,500+ people were stored until reinternment later on.