Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

jokes posted:

What's wrong with that? It's all handled through workshop and the modders seem to be more industrious than the dev.

Nothing wrong with it per se. I guess I just am still having a lot of fun playing vanilla and not having to mess around with mods breaking things or a new update breaking mods is nice. There's plenty of QoL mods I'm sure would help but idk I haven't run into anything that's made me want to quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Tatsuta Age posted:

I guess a picture will help to illustrate that the stockpile is not closer than the fridge is

no matter whether the stockpile is one of those shelves, or or the space the chair is on, or directly underneath it, the pawns will choose that over the fridge 100% of the time. which doesn't matter that much because generally a hauler will get there soon enough and fix it, but very annoying still!

Do you happen to be using a mod like Common Sense that's supposed to encourage pawns to use food closer to spoiling first? I wonder if the meals in the fridge being frozen throws that off.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I tried to make a "quality of life only" modlist over the weekend. No Vanilla Expanded, no adding things to the game except mechanical fixes, graphical improvements, and extra hairstyles. It still came out as over 200 mods.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hellioning posted:

I've played 340 hours of Rimworld and have never even gotten close to winning so.

three thousand hours here, no wins

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tatsuta Age posted:

I guess a picture will help to illustrate that the stockpile is not closer than the fridge is

no matter whether the stockpile is one of those shelves, or or the space the chair is on, or directly underneath it, the pawns will choose that over the fridge 100% of the time. which doesn't matter that much because generally a hauler will get there soon enough and fix it, but very annoying still!

Checking the rimfridge comments it sounds like other people are experiencing the same issue that you are, and others are observing that prisoners can't fetch meals from fridges at all. Sounds like a problem with either rimfridge or some other mod interacting with it in a funny way

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

QuarkJets posted:

Checking the rimfridge comments it sounds like other people are experiencing the same issue that you are, and others are observing that prisoners can't fetch meals from fridges at all. Sounds like a problem with either rimfridge or some other mod interacting with it in a funny way

figures, I dunno why I didn't look there in the first place. thanks!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

jokes posted:

Giddy-Up is like 6 separate mods for some reason, too. Plus you need to get hugslib and jectools or whatever, and if you grab one vanilla expanded mod why not grab 30 more, they're all very specific. And if you grab Vanilla Animals - Tundra, why not grab one of the thousand others specific to each biome?

Because most of them suck, I'm not gonna keep a bunch of trash downloaded just for the heck of it

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Honestly until Royalty "winning" never really sounded like it. You build (or walk to) a ship and then it flies you to.... somewhere! Where? Some other poo poo world out on the rim! Or maybe it just floats around in orbit for a few thousand years doing nothing because the AI didn't feel like it! Then we can do it all over again on some other shitworld! It's not like you're trying to "get back home" or something, which given how there is no FTL travel in Rimworld the "home" you'd be going back to would either be completely different or gone. Why not just stay here in the nice home you've made for yourself?

At least with Royalty it's "You impressed the space king and he's made you a space duke. Travel with him back to the royal fleet and be space royalty, maybe even see a glitterworld one day."

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

Oskar contacted the artist directly to apologize; the artist forgave him and was also appreciative of the copy of Rimworld. But I guess spreading incomplete information without looking into what actually happened is more interesting.

He only did so because he got caught. Why did he trace the work to begin with? Dude should have known better, especially for how much attention (and money) VE gets.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The only time I've ever actually won in Rimworld was this past August when I was specifically pursuing the Archonexus victory. All I got for my troubles was a couple lines of text. Super not worth it to pursue. Didn't even get that nice "waiting for the sun" song over the credits.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

edit: nm was thinking of another thing

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its the end of the year, time for the skylantern festival! Look at all them rise to the sky, so pretty! Wait is that something coming DOWN?! :raise:

God damnit Randy...

[edit] Also bloodpacks are apparently really useful for combating blood loss! Not just for Vampires! Who would've thought! Gotta keep a few on hand now. Don't even need refrigerating apparently.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 1, 2022

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Galaga Galaxian posted:

[edit] Also bloodpacks are apparently really useful for combating blood loss! Not just for Vampires! Who would've thought! Gotta keep a few on hand now. Don't even need refrigerating apparently.

Oh poo poo really? Is that in vanilla RimWorld, not from a mod? Fantastic, sometimes due to some mismanagement after a fight or other Incident I get a colonist who ends up with severe blood loss but no other serious injuries - would be good to siphon off another non-critical colonist to get someone back into action ASAP.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

death cob for cutie posted:

Oh poo poo really? Is that in vanilla RimWorld, not from a mod? Fantastic, sometimes due to some mismanagement after a fight or other Incident I get a colonist who ends up with severe blood loss but no other serious injuries - would be good to siphon off another non-critical colonist to get someone back into action ASAP.

Reasonably sure, yeah.

Also no sooner do I clean up the mech cluster than a defoliator lands. Oh Randy...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Jorge Bell posted:

Hey just FYI, if you replace that door to the bathroom with a stall door, it doesn't divide the room and you can link the hygiene items to the bed, preventing random pawns from coming in and using the Jade Throne.

yeah but you can also use a regular door and they get a separate happy thought "I have an awesome bathroom" and you can still link the bathtub/toilet to the bed so it excludes non owners :science:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

that is super neat, thanks

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 1, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

be sure to administer them as a medical procedure, rather than ordering your pawn to ingest them. they don't like drinking blood, mostly

also is it me or do marriages work properly now? people actually hang around now after the ceremony took place, whereas previously the newlyweds would just sort of hang around sheepishly as everyone else sprints for the exit

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Omnicarus posted:

Does anyone know of a mod that will reduce random family members spawning for your colonists? I used to use HAR for this but it isn't working too well with Biotech, and the only other mod I could find got rid of all random relationships. I still want some relationships among raiders and non-player factions, but I don't want all of my pawn's grandmas showing up regularly in raids.

"Hey, your ex-wife wants to stay here for a few days."
"Okay, cool."

"Hey, you're being raided, and your lover is involved."
"Oh, can we capture her?"
"She's a fanatically loyal Yttakin, sorry."
"Well now I know why my wife left me."

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Hellioning posted:

I've played 340 hours of Rimworld and have never even gotten close to winning so.

I have played over 1,000 hours of RimWorld and I bet not even one of them was spent playing vanilla :sweatdrop:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

death cob for cutie posted:

I just temporarily set prisoners to hemogen farm to build up a little emergency supply rather than risking my colonists

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think I played vanilla for a few hours around 2014 when the game had just added stockpiles but I don't think I've played it since then.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Throughput is turning out to be a real problem, I'm going to have to add some more entrances for big crowds like this:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
That many mechanoids is usually a sign that the game doesn't like you very much. Or that you're playing with Cassandra. Jesus.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Or a sign someone’s got jade tables, bionic’d pawns, and mass produced masterwork plasteel spears.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Lol, are you at like year 20 with Cassandra or something?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

One of my slaves rebelled and decided to punch one of the sacred Grand Carbuncles. Before I could get a pawn over to deal with him, the carbuncle had mauled him to death. RIP. Don't gently caress with the cute, giant, magic squirreldogcatthing.

Dumb question, if I assign my colonists to wear Tuques and Flak Helmets, will the prefer Flak helmets for the protection but switch to tuques if it gets too cold?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 2, 2022

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

One of my slaves rebelled and decided to punch one of the sacred Grand Carbuncles. Before I could get a pawn over to deal with him, the carbuncle had mauled him to death. RIP. Don't gently caress with the cute, giant, magic squirreldogcatthing.

Dumb question, if I assign my colonists to wear Tuques and Flak Helmets, will the prefer Flak helmets for the protection but switch to tuques if it gets too cold?

I think they prefer helmets even if they're experiencing hypothermia; at least my stupid kids keep their little bike helmets on instead of putting on warm wool caps.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah but you can also use a regular door and they get a separate happy thought "I have an awesome bathroom" and you can still link the bathtub/toilet to the bed so it excludes non owners :science:

that is super neat, thanks

Oh, last time I looked at it that thought wasn't around and you couldn't link fixtures to objects in a different room! Thanks for the info!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Lol, are you at like year 20 with Cassandra or something?

this is with Randy with 100% threat size, I just have a lot of awesome poo poo :shrug:
e: and yes I actually have wealth scaled difficulty enabled in this colony

HelloSailorSign posted:

Or a sign someone’s got jade tables, bionic’d pawns, and mass produced masterwork plasteel spears.

starting to produce things like legendary cataphract armor so that's helpful!

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 2, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

this is how I win

e: color coded my defense platforms by shell type:

this kid hit the crafting jackpot, pretty much the best crafting pawn possible imo

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 2, 2022

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

ahem

gently caress.

That is all.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Griz posted:

also an empire quest has given me possibly the most useless pawn ever - a nonviolent lazy gourmand hussar. the "no work" is because he's a guest but even without that, why would anyone ever want a nonviolent hussar?

I missed this, this is magnificent :allears:

e: I have these little rooms set up in various places for deep drillers to operate in so they have a table/chair and oops, I guess I forgot to disable Gather Spot for this one

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 2, 2022

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Nonviolent and lazy with a pre-baked addiction sounds like me irl I would take him in and put a fridge in his room that the other pawns keep stocked with lavish meals and he would get his own megascreen TV and stuff.

He would contribute by being a blood pack, gene, and subcore farm :colbert:

E: with Biotech I have been finding myself taking in otherwise useless recruits for exactly this reason. Slap a joywire in their brain and let them live in bliss while you consentually harvest their body. It feels more ethical than doing the same thing to slaves or prisoners without the joywire :v:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 2, 2022

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There's a complicated formula that determines whether a pawn will switch clothes, and it favors doing nothing unless there's enough of a good reason to switch. Temperature and protection are both factors, but protection tends to be a much more valuable attribute. So they would probably just wear the helmet at all times.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sure would be nice if I could make flak helmets that had addition cold protection then. I'm sure mods do though, so I guess maybe I should go shopping.

And maybe some devilstrand great coats with better cold protection instead of preferring heat protection.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Long live Whif Stenk of Greater Asscrack, the ugly bisexual teenager

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

It feels more ethical than doing the same thing to slaves or prisoners without the joywire :v:

Oh, there's an ethical way to do this? Hm.

Oh well, can't make a gene omelette without cutting off a few legs.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

While fending off a huge horde of, well, every goddamn thing, our engineers had an idea

This is the block on which we will slice you. This is the cauldron in which you will boil.

e: I love this dumb game so much :allears:

e: I think this is about as good as I'm gonna get it :hai:

e: :kiss:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 2, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

this morning's unstable branch patch notes:

quote:

Cynapse — Today at 12:26 AM
Version 1.4.3535 is up on the unstable (and now stable) branch!
- Adjusted gene set generation. The first gene added to a set is not restricted by metabolism limits.
- Potential fix for mod-created meat defs with no source causing errors on hemogenic pawns consuming it.
- Fix: Food poisoning chance is 100% for fabricors.
- Fix: Pawn capacities are still affected by overridden genes.
- Fix: Pawns get thoughts from overridden genes.
- Fix: Exception viewing info card of things in orbital trader inventory with noxious haze active.
- Fix: Lactation hediff explanation displays after gene factors on stats page.
- Fix: 'Any mech' bill config not copied when copying and pasting bills.
- Fix: Mechs sometimes not getting into transporters.
- Fix: Rain rate displays as deterioration reason even with roof above.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Nov 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Dumb question but what work category does gestating a mechanoid and making a sub core fall under?