Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Finally, saving my 3 weeks of PTO for December has paid off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Hell yeah, I am ready to have dwarfs die to dangerous wildlife because they need to cross the map to retrieve a heavily worn and hole filled pig-tail sock!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Strike the earth!

I'm gonna have to dig up all my old scripted out fort floor plans and redraw them out aren't i

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I think last time I played DF was like 7 years ago so I am hella excited to completely fail at baby's first fortress on steam in a month!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Huge same.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hell yes!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Hopefully they add this to their earnings report they show every month, I'm excited to see how big of a jump that thing will show for December.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I met a man who lives in Syrupleaf and he was headed for
Twinklesorrow and some homemade +pumpkin pie+

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Strike the earth!

I still am hosed up by the move to 3D, so maybe it is finally time to learn all over again.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Hell yes. This is the best news I've gotten in a while.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've never played DF but have played every DF-like to have ever existed so I'm pretty stoked for this one.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I wonder if theyll make it easy to transfer saves to other people so that we can do our inevitable 1.0 Something Awful Dwarf Fortress Lets Play

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Weepangels 2: FEUDAL Strikes Back

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Strike the earth!

I'm gonna have to dig up all my old scripted out fort floor plans and redraw them out aren't i

Organic anthill style, brother! Plans are for the weak.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is this going to be a PC only release or have they said anything about a Mac version?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Popete posted:

I'm gonna buy this.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

MarcusSA posted:

Is this going to be a PC only release or have they said anything about a Mac version?

From the notice that was posted at the bottom of last page:

quote:

We're also not able to approach Mac and Linux by ourselves, since we've never notarized a Mac build or managed Linux libraries, and will need to get help with that to do it properly. But obviously we'd love to get that whole pipeline working so people can play on non-Windows computers.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I've not really played since 2010 or so and badly at that. I need to get my vacation leave down for end of year rollover. Dwarf Fortress release is as good of a reason as any to take a day

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zurai posted:

From the notice that was posted at the bottom of last page:

Oh balls! Well hopefully it’s put into GeForce now.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Can't wait to strike the earth again

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Oh I'll strike the earth alright. Then I'll fill it with the corpses of dwarves because I don't know what I'm doing.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Zurai posted:

Hell yes. This is the best news I've gotten in a while.

Same, this has proper cheered me up today

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So I haven't played since like 2010 or something. How do mine carts work, how do I cope with lycanthropy and vampirism, and what else do I need to be aware of

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So I haven't played since like 2010 or something. How do mine carts work, how do I cope with lycanthropy and vampirism, and what else do I need to be aware of

Again, I must say it: plans are for the weak!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

How do mine carts work
Very carefully

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The true GotY has come to claim its own

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

toasterwarrior posted:

The true GotY has come to claim its own

of ALL TIME

Seriously, like, it was featured in the NY Museum of Modern Art for a reason.

It's the outsider art of video games. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think you can safely ignore minecarts but I havent actually played in a long time

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I just turn both off.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Popete posted:

I'm gonna buy this.

Me too! I'm gonna dwarf all over it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Flavahbeast posted:

I think you can safely ignore minecarts but I havent actually played in a long time

I've never used a minecart, just add as many wheelbarrows to every stockpile as possible and let the dwarves sort things out

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Looking forward to seeing the Steam achievement notification pop up when my goblin beekeeper beats a plump helmet man vampire to death using an artifact crown made out of elephant cheese.

Mochabeard
Nov 9, 2020

Posture Check! :cool:

Can’t wait to strike the earth once more!

Looking forward to unleashing the demons below, but this time on steam!:marc:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Is there a shortlist of “most significant changes” somewhere? Like a super broadstroke executive summary…items like “graphics” and “multi-threaded” or something as applicable.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I haven't played this game in 7-8 years but I'm going to put a ton of time into the steam release probably. May be the only thing that can break my current planet zoo and TOME addiction.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Did they ever put in a win condition or in game goals other than build more stuff?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
why would they

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

SlyFrog posted:

Did they ever put in a win condition or in game goals other than build more stuff?

If they did i would riot

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the win condition is self-determined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Flavahbeast posted:

Imagine being able to move five stones at once, without even the slow encumbrance penalty of one stone! Science!