Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BigFactory posted:

If it’s operational (and if that’s plastic on the dust cover and it’s not a terrible mess) you could sell that for $100 without trying.

Yeah, it looks pretty good. The dust cover looks great. the plastic has done its job, it looks like. In the moldy box there was also a tape deck from I assume the same time, it has the same color/design, a TC-FX2, it's dirty as the record player looks. I may put them on SA mart, I dunno. It's starting to look like an upgrade from my Technics now, I bet. Of course, I don't know the advantage in having direct drive for a nonprofessional like me. It's pretty. Here I'll pull the plastic. I think it's just saran wrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

petit choux posted:

Yeah, it looks pretty good. The dust cover looks great. the plastic has done its job, it looks like. In the moldy box there was also a tape deck from I assume the same time, it has the same color/design, a TC-FX2, it's dirty as the record player looks. I may put them on SA mart, I dunno. It's starting to look like an upgrade from my Technics now, I bet. Of course, I don't know the advantage in having direct drive for a nonprofessional like me. It's pretty. Here I'll pull the plastic. I think it's just saran wrap.

I like direct drives usually. Still things that can break but different things

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BigFactory posted:

I like direct drives usually. Still things that can break but different things

Still waiting for the pics to upload, but here, while I'm waiting, I bought this for the living room today, this should hold a decent chunk of my collection:

(ED: This is about 48" high, each shelf is about 14" deep)

Okay, still waiting. Among other things I found at this thrift store was these:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Here we go

Ain't that pretty. And I'll be selling it on SA mart probably, I dunno. I'm pretty satisfied with my Technics but it might be a nice one for the living room too.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

And just to show you what an american picker I am, this turntable was on its side in a moldy, disintegrating box with a bunch of other stuff apparently gathered from one stereo setup, and looked like it had been there for years. In the bottom of the box was a bunch of loose packing materials mixed with wires and adapters, and looking a little more carefully, I found the headphones too. The foam is almost completely gone and the paper stuck to it a little bit as I was extricating it. But check these out. These look like 8 ohm speakers here, I'm guessing.

Back in those days headphones were more of a big deal all together, we can forget that easily enough in the days of earbuds at the dollar store. Individual volume controls no less!

ED: Doing a little searching, yes, these are apparently kinda highly valued. But unfortunately, the pots are obviously shot on these. I think I'll give them a try as they are though. Koss HV XLC. And no, they're pretty dead.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 1, 2022

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Im gonna break in tonight and steal these from you

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

petit choux posted:

And just to show you what an american picker I am, this turntable was on its side in a moldy, disintegrating box with a bunch of other stuff apparently gathered from one stereo setup, and looked like it had been there for years. In the bottom of the box was a bunch of loose packing materials mixed with wires and adapters, and looking a little more carefully, I found the headphones too. The foam is almost completely gone and the paper stuck to it a little bit as I was extricating it. But check these out. These look like 8 ohm speakers here, I'm guessing.

Back in those days headphones were more of a big deal all together, we can forget that easily enough in the days of earbuds at the dollar store. Individual volume controls no less!

ED: Doing a little searching, yes, these are apparently kinda highly valued. But unfortunately, the pots are obviously shot on these. I think I'll give them a try as they are though. Koss HV XLC. And no, they're pretty dead.

I'd recommend spraying some contact cleaner in those pots before declaring them dead. Also, the guy who made those cold steel videos had a bunch of poo poo on youtube and it is loving wild. Definitely give those videos a look before you get rid of them.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Had my radio show's annual Halloween Mass last night. All Halloween themed tracks, stealth shout-out to goonland somewhere too.

https://www.mixcloud.com/RoldanNVL/108/

[No vinyl was used unfortunately]

CaptainBeefart posted:

I DJed a Halloween party at my local brewery last night. It was a lot of fun and I was stoked when someone recognized Giorgio Moroder's 'The Chase' from Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell.

Here's a link if interested, it's just shy of 5 hours.

https://www.mixcloud.com/CaptainBeefart21/halloween-set/

Playlist:

B52s - Planet Claire
Beak - Life Goes On
La Femme - Amour Dans
Thee Oh Sees - Toe Cutter
John Carpenter - Assault on precinct 13
Grails - New Prague
Pixies - Is She Weird
Ween - Johnny on the Spot
Yo La Tengo - Pass the hatchet
Frank Zappa - Peaches En Regalia
Talking heads - Crosseyed and Painless
Spiritual Cramp - Television
Death in Vegas - Dirge
ESG - Parking Lot Blues
Doseone & Boom Bip - The Lantern
Enon - Rougher than Hell and Rubberneck
John carpenter - Halloween
Beak - King of the Castle
B52s - Deep Sleep
Thee Oh sees - Jammed Exit
Rhyton - Lit on the DL
Lobisomem - Under the Aegis
Capitol K - Plant Communication
Giorgio Moroder - The chase
Sepehr - Contamination
Aphex Twin - Cheetah
Kamaall Williams - Snitches Brew
Frank Zappa - Chungas Revenge
Don cherry - Brown Rice
Orua - Santo Amaro
Ween - Voodoo Lady
Rakta - Fin du mond
Led Zeppelin - in my time of dying
Pink Floyd - interstellar
Pink Floyd - the gnome
Equipment pointed ankh - rainbow cotillion
Devo - space junk
Meat puppets - aurora
Shadowy men on a shadowy planet - shake some evil
Wall of voodoo - factory
Wussy - rainbows and butterfly's
Hooveriii - we're both lawyers
Sunburned Hand of the Man - pick a day to die, flex, black lights
B52s - Rock lobster
Chris Forsyth - experimental and professional
Captain Beefheart - I'm Gonna Booglarize You, Baby
Captain Beefheart - Semi Multicolored Caucasian
Panda Bear - Take Pills
Thee oh sees - crack in your eye
Rhyton - stone colored
Equipment Pointed Ankh - Town Hall Swing and Gary's Room
Robert Palmer - Johnny and Mary
Bitchin Bajas - Outer Spaceways Incorporated and Moon Dance
Brian Eno - Here come the warm jets

Pure grooves.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Nightmare Cinema posted:

:confuoot:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Not vinyl but free music related, Sault posted 5 free albums available for download until November 5th. Password is godislove.

https://www.sault.global/

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
godisfakeandgay

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Had my radio show's annual Halloween Mass last night. All Halloween themed tracks, stealth shout-out to goonland somewhere too.

https://www.mixcloud.com/RoldanNVL/108/

Pure grooves.

Thank you. :)

Looking forward to checking out your Halloween show.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

CatBlack posted:

godisfakeandgay

Didn't work. :(

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Got some Swedish psych rock in today

pwn
May 27, 2004

CaptainBeefart posted:

Not vinyl but free music related, Sault posted 5 free albums available for download until November 5th. Password is godislove.

https://www.sault.global/

Thanks! I like music.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

pwn posted:

Thanks! I like music.

Same!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Me too, but not rap or country.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I actually know someone who only likes rap and country.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Rap and country are two of my favorite genres. :colbert:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CPL593H posted:

I actually know someone who only likes rap and country.

Someone on another forum I post on is like that, except it's rap, country and classical music

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Enos Cabell posted:

Got some Swedish psych rock in today

Speaking of Swedish music...

Translates to:

We Forge...
Songs of the proletariat before and during industrialism

I would have liked to bring it home, but I don't think it would have survived in my checked luggage.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Pre-order up on the official store with a street date of around December 13th!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Heck yeah. I threatened my friends with putting on that version of Poopship Destroyer while we were camping last weekend.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

That brown vinyl is so brown

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Happy Hippo posted:

That brown vinyl is so brown
Newbury has an exclusive Sandstone variant limited to 600, but it ain't called Paintin' the Town Sandstone.

Pass.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Oh hells yes

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

this is very cool but can i just have the pod

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CatBlack posted:

this is very cool but can i just have the pod

You can for about $200

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I have a copy of this because a I bought a record from Sporklift and and put that in there. I've never listened to it.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

I have a copy of this because a I bought a record from Sporklift and and put that in there. I've never listened to it.

That’s not true! I sent you a copy of it with that magical mystery tour. I’ve never listed to it either.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

BigFactory posted:

That’s not true! I sent you a copy of it with that magical mystery tour. I’ve never listed to it either.

Yeah. I think I sent ya an empty Whipped Cream sleeve...and maybe Wham! haha

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Sealed Records outta the UK are putting up pre-orders for Rudimentary Peni's Cacophony on Friday, 9 AM UK time. Sorry State in the US will probably end up stocking black vinyl in the near future, but I needs it ASAP. :dance:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I knew which one of you sent me the Wham record. I couldn't remember who gave me the other dumb poo poo.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://getondown.com/products/the-low-end-theory-45-boxset

Peak vinyl

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Adding weird records (for protection, right?) Is a goon tradition. Last one I sent included Whipped Cream and Richard Simmons.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I was digging through poo poo at Savers and they had a Justin Bieber record in the glass case marked at 30 bucks. I was kind of curious what it sell for on discogs and the median price is 21 bucks but someone o0nce paid 65 so all the copies listed are 60-120+ bucks. I can at least understand why some poo poo released around the 10-15 years ago fetches high prices. But Justin Bieber? Really? Who in the target audience for Justin Bieber would/could pay that kind of premium for one of his LPs? Is he even big anymore?

pwn
May 27, 2004

My friend and I were talking just now. How hosed up is it that i was slightly relieved that it was "only" $50 for that Ween 3-LP set shows how broken i am, 3 years ago that would have been 30-40 at the absolute most. Yet in 2022 i was expecting something like $70

Reminder that when they first came out in 2019, those girthy brooks box sets were about $60 and that was the high price for the limited edition, the cheaper ones were like $40. For four LPs and a triple live album in a nice box. And there was no way I was gonna pay that. That poo poo would be over $100 today easily, probably $150.

lmfao, yeah it's Tribe and ok you get a neat box but all the same please gently caress all the way off. gently caress off to the moon dude.

Also until Sunday we're still in Daylight time etc etc you loving knobs, want me to give you $130 and you don't even know what time it currently is

pwn fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 3, 2022

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

pwn posted:

lmfao, yeah it's Tribe and ok you get a neat box but all the same please gently caress all the way off. gently caress off to the moon dude.

130 drat dollars for 8 45s (admittedly, very nice 45s) that nobody will listen to more than once in a nothing special display box. It's just so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's not about music anymore. It's about overpriced vanity items and price speculation. But that's not why I mentioned the Bieber thing. I'm just baffled at who exactly pays that much for Justin Bieber specifically. Does anyone older than a high school student actually listen to him? It's not like he's popular with audiophiles who have too much money or just generally anyone in the crowd that will pay high premiums for a vinyl LP. I also thought his popularity waned years ago. Who the hell is paying 60 bucks and up for the Biebz? Is anyone?