Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Looks like the pack rewards for watching the reveal did not work, so there will be Twitch drops enabled for all HS channels on Nov 3rd-4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I had an Implock rip a coin+Gnomeferatu on me turn 1. I smiled. Love the flavor of that card.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

kater posted:

Why did they start the Halloween event on November 1st

They did this last year too. It's because the release calendar got messed up at some point -- new sets used to release in mid-November but now they release beginning of December.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Animated Berserker in enrage warrior is the Goat.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I like all the new mechanics death knight has, like the deck building rune restrictions. I’m a lot more excited for the class than, say, I was for demon Hunter when it was first revealed.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The rune mechanic is very interesting because it lets them make death knight a very varied class without letting them go completely apeshit at everything at once, all the time. Their strengths are many. Their weakness is they can't exploit all their strengths in one deck.

Unlike [insert current OP class here] am I right folks (laugh track)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Hearthstone hanging up / timing out for anyone else at the end of every match? Maybe it's a Duels thing.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

mcbexx posted:

I am a 100% certain that they have learned their lesson and will no longer print mega disruptive cards with strong battlecries now that Brann is back in standard.

[touches earpiece] Hold on, I'm getting news ...

This with Brann is going to be absolutely disgusting. Even by itself it's the nuts.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

PneumonicBook posted:

This with Brann is going to be absolutely disgusting. Even by itself it's the nuts.

They do this every loving expansion. That card will remain 7-cost for a few weeks before they bump it up to 8 and adjust the stats to compensate.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Color Printer posted:

The rune mechanic is very interesting because it lets them make death knight a very varied class without letting them go completely apeshit at everything at once, all the time. Their strengths are many. Their weakness is they can't exploit all their strengths in one deck.

Yeah, it’s interesting. It kind of feels like they learned a lesson from Demon Hunter’s launch where even some of the cards that were clearly intended for other archetypes, like Imprisoned Antaen and Priestess of Fury, ended up getting nerfed because they were so strong in the aggro shells. It also avoids the problem that pops up periodically where they miss on the power level of a deck and can’t print anything good for that class for like a year out of fear of making the strong deck even better. If a card would be too good in Blood Death Knight, say, you can add a few more Unholy or Frost runes to it instead of outright nerfing it and making it a weaker card for everyone.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
when are the knights of the frozen throne cards coming back to standard? I have the death knight hero event quest but can't put them into standard decks yet

e: in fact any time I try to make a new deck the game seems to freeze

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They do this every loving expansion. That card will remain 7-cost for a few weeks before they bump it up to 8 and adjust the stats to compensate.

It won’t matter much since they also gave Death Knight pre-nerf Innervate

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

big priest is unfortunately back and real in Standard

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

No way, I love Big Priest!! Gotta try that

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Excelzior posted:

big priest is unfortunately back and real in Standard

I mashed together a deck and managed to get 54 armor and full health by constantly bringing back that 8 armor guy that I cheated out turn 3, killing all their threats with that 4/8 lifesteal guy, stealing the deathrattles twice card from rogue opponent, and playing the hero card that replays all your deathrattles. Big priest rules.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

when are the knights of the frozen throne cards coming back to standard? I have the death knight hero event quest but can't put them into standard decks yet

e: in fact any time I try to make a new deck the game seems to freeze

Now, I've played a couple of games with them already.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Weird. I haven't gotten the update on android but on PC it still only shows them as "results found in wild decks" despite the rest of the update working normally

e: ok the death knights are showing up but not the rest of the frozen throne cards now

e2: so it seems like you can search for the cards by name but you can't search for them by expansion?

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 2, 2022

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

So this time unlike with DH when adding a new class they're making you pay gold to get half the basic pile of cards for it rather than giving it free?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Blasmeister posted:

So this time unlike with DH when adding a new class they're making you pay gold to get half the basic pile of cards for it rather than giving it free?

No???

32 class cards for DK free with completion of the free solo campaign.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Toshimo posted:

No???

the path of Arthas seems to be exactly 'the other half of the core set but you have to pay for it'

E: and yes the game seems to be constantly crashing and hanging on iOS

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 2, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah android wont load atm at all which is highly annoying

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I also noticed a glitch earlier today with the new battlegrounds strike from the battle bash box or w/e

Whenever I'd get a Level 3 or Level 4 strike (ones where you knocked someone out or won the game) the board state wouldn't return to Recruit mode at the end of Combat. It happened like 4 times in one game for me (:smug:) before I could switch back to a different strike.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RatHat posted:

It won’t matter much since they also gave Death Knight pre-nerf Innervate

it's "refresh" not "gain" and does have the two frost rune requirement

I mean good odds on it/dk in general being busted as gently caress yeah but I gotta be pedantic

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Is there a reason to not 'dust' your maxed merc excess coins for renown I'm missing? Some disclosed future use for coins that doesn't use the renown middle-man I'm forgetting? They give you a big dust all type button so i'm kinda assuming they intend you to just dump everything right away

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I just had a queue to log in. It looks like today's patch is Too Popular.

Blasmeister posted:

Is there a reason to not 'dust' your maxed merc excess coins for renown I'm missing? Some disclosed future use for coins that doesn't use the renown middle-man I'm forgetting? They give you a big dust all type button so i'm kinda assuming they intend you to just dump everything right away

Also, no. Just dust ur coins.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

World War Mammories posted:

it's "refresh" not "gain" and does have the two frost rune requirement

I mean good odds on it/dk in general being busted as gently caress yeah but I gotta be pedantic

And Patchwerk is only 1 Blood rune so you can have both. With 2 Horn of Winter you can pull off the Brann+Patchwerk combo on turn 7, 6 with coin.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Pardot posted:

I mashed together a deck and managed to get 54 armor and full health by constantly bringing back that 8 armor guy that I cheated out turn 3, killing all their threats with that 4/8 lifesteal guy, stealing the deathrattles twice card from rogue opponent, and playing the hero card that replays all your deathrattles. Big priest rules.

Share a list!

Edit: nm looks like deckbuilder is hosed along with a bunch of other stuff

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Toshimo posted:

No???

quote:

Path of Arthas, a collection of three ready-to-play Death Knight deck lists, featuring a total of 49 Death Knight cards (26 unique cards, 3 of which are Legendary cards) not obtainable from expansion packs!

mind you they COULD be obtainable from standard packs after the expansion launches???

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Toshimo posted:

No???

Yes???

Path of Arthas which comes with the bundle or you have to buy separately for 2k gold includes more cards than the core set you get for doing the solo campaign.

Its absolutely another paywall.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

drat the games nearly unplayable right now, every match freezes and crashes at the end and I can't even use the deckbuilder half the time

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oenis posted:

Ugh why are there Battlegrounds rewards in my Hearthstone event rewards track. That's terrible for all players who exclusively play one or the other.

hope this helps, if it does I recommend recreating it irl with your own sticky notes

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait how do you have so many gems already?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

..shhhhh.

I play a lot of BGs while doing chores around the house/getting distracted from doing chores.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scholtz posted:

..shhhhh.

I play a lot of BGs while doing chores around the house/getting distracted from doing chores.

Oh you get them from just playing too? I thought they were only from the event quests

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

RatHat posted:

Oh you get them from just playing too? I thought they were only from the event quests

Nah you get them after every game you play.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Looking at bad/gimmicky combos with the returning cards, I kind of want to run the 1/1 lifesteal murloc with gorloc and volcanomancy

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

RatHat posted:

Been getting 1-2 per merc fight and ~5 per standard game.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Path of Arthus is basically a patch to give them 2 expansions worth of class cards without adding them onto the previous expansions.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Yeah I can't create or play Wild decks RN. It is amazing how they manage to break the game at every turn :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Sloppy posted:

Share a list!

Edit: nm looks like deckbuilder is hosed along with a bunch of other stuff

No way this is optimal. Probably you want go with the colossal and then only one of the other two minions for more consistency. Then I have no idea about what other spells would be good, but it probably doesn't matter too much

### Std rez
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 2x (1) Flash Heal
# 2x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 2x (3) Devouring Plague
# 2x (3) Identity Theft
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (6) Lightbomb
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 2x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (8) Xyrella, the Devout
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAafDAwLoiwS/zgQOm+sDh/cDzPkDjIEErYoEy6AEiqMEorYE+dsEuNwEhqQF0+sF9OsFg+wFAA==