Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

koshmar posted:

It was a lawnmower and the shooter lost his leg.

:nms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9USKP0f2o
:nms:

You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I’m not legged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1587246313678274560?s=20&t=dFdoS3T_3gLD3hOlm82GYA

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

freeedr posted:

You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I’m not legged.

It really is a testament to just how powerful explosives are. Or maybe it's the camera angle doing something to the video's depth, but it looks to me like the mower is at least 20 meters or so away from the guy. Explosive shock fronts fall off with the square (cube? can't remember if it's about area or volume with blasts) of the distance, but some shrapnel like a lawnmower blade probably still has plenty of energy behind it.

There are tons of these videos too, I recall another one with a washing machine or fridge packed with tannerite ; at least that guy had the wherewithal to stand behind a tree to shoot it but the whole front panel came off and flew straight at him.

Is tannerite regulated at all? I know it's even legal to buy up here in Canada. It's only a matter of time before someone stockpiles the stuff to use in a terrorist attack.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
[quote="Infinitum" post="527398339"]
https://i.imgur.com/5FL5Z5Y.mp4
I think I'll sit out this Tough Mudder, thanks.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Mister Speaker posted:

It really is a testament to just how powerful explosives are. Or maybe it's the camera angle doing something to the video's depth, but it looks to me like the mower is at least 20 meters or so away from the guy. Explosive shock fronts fall off with the square (cube? can't remember if it's about area or volume with blasts)

Cube.

quote:

Is tannerite regulated at all? I know it's even legal to buy up here in Canada.

It's legal to buy in Canada.

quote:

It's only a matter of time before someone stockpiles the stuff to use in a terrorist attack.

It's aluminum powder and an oxidizer. There's basically no end to the number of things people could stockpile and use in a terrorist attack.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

> Be me, coming into the funny pictures thread.
>> Searching around for a funny post.
>> Drinkslinger directs me to something he finds amusing.
>_ It's loss.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Phanatic posted:

Cube.

It's legal to buy in Canada.

It's aluminum powder and an oxidizer. There's basically no end to the number of things people could stockpile and use in a terrorist attack.

Thanks! I do appreciate your insight re: things that go boom whenever I have a question on the matter. I know it's legal here, I do find that frightening. Maybe these things should be more-tightly regulated, at least in the sense that you can't buy ready-made bombs without some sort of certification or background check. I've seen some videos of friends playing around with tannerite on Crown land, and every time it makes me think "I like these guys but holy poo poo they do not make a good case for the legality of firearms and explosives.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Son of a gently caress.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

OH poo poo I loving missed that entirely. :vince:

edited to add a funny picture;

Barometer has a new favorite as of 02:09 on Nov 2, 2022

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

Day late don't curr

Being too late is part of the costume

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Of all the loss gimmicks this is now my absolute favorite.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Bug Squash posted:

Being too late is part of the costume

Is there a combination "oof" and "Vince tipping over" emote? Because holy poo poo

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

loving Moron posted:

Of all the loss gimmicks this is now my absolute favorite.
loss.jpg doesn't have a sliding door in it, it's a double door with push bars on the inside and outside.

Verdict: it's garbage

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Breetai posted:

>_ It's loss.

You sonofabitch

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Breetai posted:

>_ It's loss.

:perfect:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Breetai posted:

>_ It's loss.

Holy poo poo :golfclap:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mister Speaker posted:

It really is a testament to just how powerful explosives are. Or maybe it's the camera angle doing something to the video's depth, but it looks to me like the mower is at least 20 meters or so away from the guy. Explosive shock fronts fall off with the square (cube? can't remember if it's about area or volume with blasts) of the distance, but some shrapnel like a lawnmower blade probably still has plenty of energy behind it.

There are tons of these videos too, I recall another one with a washing machine or fridge packed with tannerite ; at least that guy had the wherewithal to stand behind a tree to shoot it but the whole front panel came off and flew straight at him.

Is tannerite regulated at all? I know it's even legal to buy up here in Canada. It's only a matter of time before someone stockpiles the stuff to use in a terrorist attack.

https://youtu.be/5eNmooMwPwg

Here's good ol dumbass FPS Russia nearly winning a Darwin award.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mister Speaker posted:

Thanks! I do appreciate your insight re: things that go boom whenever I have a question on the matter. I know it's legal here, I do find that frightening. Maybe these things should be more-tightly regulated, at least in the sense that you can't buy ready-made bombs without some sort of certification or background check. I've seen some videos of friends playing around with tannerite on Crown land, and every time it makes me think "I like these guys but holy poo poo they do not make a good case for the legality of firearms and explosives.

Any kind of terrorism you can do with tannerite would be much easier(and probably cheaper) with some other kind of bomb. It’s the same reason stuff like mini guns and flamethrowers are legal to own(in some places)

RatHat has a new favorite as of 06:52 on Nov 2, 2022

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
:.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 10:03 on Nov 2, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Loss is the biggest "you had to be there" joke ever

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SuddenCactus posted:

Tree's got places to be

It was just leaving

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Breetai posted:

>_ It's loss.
Best response I could have hoped for :golfclap:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

.: :;

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Breetai posted:

>_ It's loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOugNisFgVo

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

:hmmyes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This is the logo of my secret society btw

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Number four is just a tool to shake hands with someone during these covid times.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

IUG posted:

Number four is just a tool to shake hands with someone during these covid times.

How... unimaginative of you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/6jRExT1.mp4

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You'd think they'd be ready for the curtain grab, going by the hoodie and gloves. Rookie mistake, imo. :colbert:

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

They forgot to not fight a cat and use drugs.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Somebody in my area is selling these things.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You'd think they'd be ready for the curtain grab, going by the hoodie and gloves. Rookie mistake, imo. :colbert:

yeah, and she carried the cat in an incorrect way.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Why is she washing a cat?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
That's some wet rear end cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

hooah posted:

Somebody in my area is selling these things.

I bought one for my kid.