Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

This was great, the mana charges attack is so good and getting loops with it is wild. I would regularly have a 15 damage rampage, and if that didn't work I still had 15 mana to play with! Also Duck is awesome, narrow use case but it sings when you have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Oh dip, I didn't know this was a goon made game! It's good poo poo, I played the gently caress outta it when it came out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

it's no iOS release (:pray:) but I got this to run on my Steam Deck so I'll take it!

I know a couple other folks were wondering about this up-thread. The trick is you have to download & extract it on a Windows PC, and put the folder on your SD card (or copy it to the deck by scp/sftp, whichever); trying to extract the zip on the Deck itself fucks up the path separators. Once that's done just gotta add it as a non-steam game, point it at Proton in the game's config, and you're off to the races :toot:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 31, 2022

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Blursed is as addictive as you all say. I got to 48 on one particularly good run but haven't been able to repeat that success. This last go I came across a pair of both really undesirable curses and left it to fate and let it choose a random one and got one where all enemies get +1 shield when another enemy dies. Then I came across a Lich. Half of a Lich fight is whittling him down by killing Bones and chipping at him, but now every Bone death puts a shield on everyone that deflects the 1 damage, and he just kept summoning more and more and more.. Only my rogue and fighter had any sort of damage output and it eventually just became an unwinnable boney mess.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

New Leaf posted:

Blursed is as addictive as you all say. I got to 48 on one particularly good run but haven't been able to repeat that success. This last go I came across a pair of both really undesirable curses and left it to fate and let it choose a random one and got one where all enemies get +1 shield when another enemy dies. Then I came across a Lich. Half of a Lich fight is whittling him down by killing Bones and chipping at him, but now every Bone death puts a shield on everyone that deflects the 1 damage, and he just kept summoning more and more and more.. Only my rogue and fighter had any sort of damage output and it eventually just became an unwinnable boney mess.

At least you (probably) made progress on that kill 500 bones achievement.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
Well this was a disappointing end to a 60 streak blursed run. Just cleared Hexia and ended up with this. I take it there's no chance of the thorn fleeing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Stockwell posted:

Well this was a disappointing end to a 60 streak blursed run. Just cleared Hexia and ended up with this. I take it there's no chance of the thorn fleeing.

I loving hate Thorns. 5 points of damage is devastating at early levels, especially with curses.

On a similar note, is there ANY way to avoid your top character getting killed by Spider-Bitch?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

dodge, undying, flee, killshot

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Stockwell posted:

Thorns will flee, it was the only way I could get past the first level of a custom party x red 4x blue as I literally could not do any damage to it. Luckily I was able to kill the other monster without taking too much damage and the thorn fled.

I think every monster can flee even barrels.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I finally rolled the ultimate Blessing/Curse combo to snag the drat "Win in under 40/35 rounds" achievements:

Wanderer is so good. My only regret is that I didn't get to copycat that side.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I finally rolled the ultimate Blessing/Curse combo to snag the drat "Win in under 40/35 rounds" achievements:

Wanderer is so good. My only regret is that I didn't get to copycat that side.

I did that achievement with the 'deathwish on all friendly sides' bless and stocking up curses that deal damage to me. Beat most floors on turn 1 because as it turns out: doubling all your sides all the time is very strong.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Miftan posted:

I did that achievement with the 'deathwish on all friendly sides' bless and stocking up curses that deal damage to me. Beat most floors on turn 1 because as it turns out: doubling all your sides all the time is very strong.

Yeah the big lesson for getting this achievement is looking for a combo of curses that destroy your survivability to pay for more blessings that improve your offense. If you aren't killing anything in 1-2 turns, including every boss, you lost the challenge anyway so who cares if your characters die to a breeze?

The Wanderer in this run came online very late, the actual MVP was an Herbalist. Between Bolt and Vine and always having enough rerolls to go for the juiciest mana sides I was able to put out very consistent and efficient damage.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Once in a while I find myself wanting to use zero-pip sides in order to Copycat and/or Focus. Probably overcorrecting now trying to avoid Weaken.

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

The Time of the Eye is now
Fun Shoe
How do you select more than one blessing on Classic Easy? I only get to pick one, with no option to take a curse for more.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
You get an option to do a points buy system for the various curse/blessings after doing a cheevo. I think it's "lose on unfair" maybe?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, you've gotta lose on unfair to get complex hard/easy. Unfair itself is also an unlock for winning Hard.

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

The Time of the Eye is now
Fun Shoe
Hmm! I have lost on Unfair many times already. Maybe I turned that option off accidentally?

Edit: Yep, found it.

Naar fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 1, 2022

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Just scraped by with a 40 turn win for the achievement. 35 seems too dang fast.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Playing Blursed and abilities you get from items like Big Shield seem unaffected by Selfless Heroes. Is that by design or unintentional?

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I would like to un-unlock bramble please

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

New Leaf posted:

Playing Blursed and abilities you get from items like Big Shield seem unaffected by Selfless Heroes. Is that by design or unintentional?

That's correct. Blessing and curses are always applied before items.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dr. Stab posted:

That's correct. Blessing and curses are always applied before items.

Ahh order of operations, got it. Blursed is definitely addictive..

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Davedave24 posted:

I would like to un-unlock bramble please

By far my least favorite enemy, heh. Including hexia, yes

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Thorns are worse but bramble is a close second

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Worst case with thorn you lose a guy trying to kill it. Worst case with bramble is it can stop the entire run dead, especially if it happens early on. Hate that fucker.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't normally have issues with bramble, but it's my #1 game ender on unfair.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I don't think I've ever actually lost to a bramble round, but I've come dangerously close.

He's definitely a reason I'd advocate for just never taking any curses that increase monster durability though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Curses that add an extra monster have the same result. You only have so many attacks, and an extra zombie or whatever soaks up too many of them.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Curses that add an extra monster have the same result. You only have so many attacks, and an extra zombie or whatever soaks up too many of them.

If you can get away with killing Bramble first, their passive vanishes and you can then finish off the small monsters without running out of steam.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I'd love a blursed mode leaderboard.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Okay, I turned on Complex Hard and got the 'monster single use' blessing on a new run, so now I am the bramble :rms:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is there really no way to advance past the curse/blessing pick screen without exactly matching the curse/blessing number? I have to be missing something

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You need to meet or exceed it, not meet it exactly.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm trying to do an easy run to get the 35 turns achievement and my blessings allowance is 6 points. I've chosen a 7 point blessing, a 7 point curse, and then a 4 point blessing. The game isn't letting me advance; it only gives me the option if I exactly match the 6/6 blessings count.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
you have to get it exact for easy but not for hard+, for some reason.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I reached level 171 on blursed which I am very proud of because I don't think I'm that good at the game - I haven't managed to get the achievement for a streak of 2 hard wins yet, for example.

I had the blessings which improve item quality and give you an extra item slot and they are so much fun. I was gutted when I went for a random curse 4 or 5 loops in and got the one which reduces item quality.

After the initial selection I mainly went for random blessings because I didn't find what I was offered very exciting, and ended up with ones which I was initially disappointed by but which turned out to be really good. Turn 3 heal and shield all was a game changer, as was the 3 mana 5 damage spell.

This is definitely one of my favourite games of all time!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The Aguamoose posted:

I reached level 171 on blursed which I am very proud of because I don't think I'm that good at the game - I haven't managed to get the achievement for a streak of 2 hard wins yet, for example.

I had the blessings which improve item quality and give you an extra item slot and they are so much fun. I was gutted when I went for a random curse 4 or 5 loops in and got the one which reduces item quality.

After the initial selection I mainly went for random blessings because I didn't find what I was offered very exciting, and ended up with ones which I was initially disappointed by but which turned out to be really good. Turn 3 heal and shield all was a game changer, as was the 3 mana 5 damage spell.

This is definitely one of my favourite games of all time!

Nice! I think that might be a thread record? My best blursed run also had those two item quality blessings, those and Save spell are my favourite blursed ones.

It would be cool if blursed gave you the option sometimes to swap two 4 cost blessings for an 8 cost or something. Maybe it already does but it's very rare?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

So Tann you definitely watch Only Connect, right?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Trident on Valkyrie with another character providing a re-roll leaves you with an immortal team. Eat a bag of dick and balls Hexia you will never get me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
Knocked out my first normal win yesterday! Barely beat Hexia, came down to a Ludus slapping it for 12 with a dueling pistol, and dying in the process.

I'm glad self-immolation still counts as a victory. :toot: