Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

The third post in the thread indicates it's a "leatherleaf" slug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Siblings.mp4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqmA6RiJyes

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/cincinnatizoo/status/1587474678242836488?s=46&t=xpv772_Q4rxBcj9301WMxg

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_eF3hj8J0

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Happy birthday, Kabosu :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/kabosumama/status/1587573927995674624?s=46&t=I573wu_VpZxfex8l8O6eDw

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Meowed/status/1587791641800192002

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Thats animal cruelty

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

They glued the poor cat's cheek to the table! (0:51)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/PbvZWsb.mp4

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

This seems like a good way to get your cat to turn its ire on something a lot more important that isn't glued down.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
What if you had something tethered that would pull itself back into position after it was knocked off? Dunno how you'd do it, maybe that's a question for my cat-owning mech-e friend.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://youtube.com/shorts/V9YC_XGwV1A?feature=share

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Fuckin bengals.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Tomorrow I’m saying goodbye to Major, the best and sweetest mans in the world. I promised him I wouldn’t put him through another winter and as much as it hurts I need to keep my promise. We just celebrated 12 years together in August.

I plan on bringing him home one last time so Mina can say goodbye too. It’s going to be tough for both of us but at least we have each other, and Scout who will not care at all.

If you have any good stories about dogs you have adopted I would very much appreciate them :unsmith:

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Lived outside for two years fighting neighborhood cats and being a menace. Comes into my apartment and this is just all day for this little goober.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Tomorrow I’m saying goodbye to Major, the best and sweetest mans in the world. I promised him I wouldn’t put him through another winter and as much as it hurts I need to keep my promise. We just celebrated 12 years together in August.

I plan on bringing him home one last time so Mina can say goodbye too. It’s going to be tough for both of us but at least we have each other, and Scout who will not care at all.

If you have any good stories about dogs you have adopted I would very much appreciate them :unsmith:

My heart is broken for you.
I've seen so many of your posts over the years about all of the various herds of sheep and goats, about lanky baby Mina, of big serious boy Major. He's been a fixture for so many of us, a stern, hard-working beautiful dog who has always done his very best.
I do not have that sort of dog, mine tend towards the small, the fluffy, the grumpy if the bed isn't just right type.
No-one would trust them to mind a flock, but they are pretty amazing in their own way
I just posted this about Henry, our rescue lhasa apso, the boy with 1000 rules of engagement.

quote:

No pics, because it wasn't appropriate, but Halloween has just happened, my worried boy Henry is very afraid of fireworks, and a full-on fireworks display went off about 300 feet from my bedroom window.
The poor little lad tried to hide in and under everything in the room. When I went to pick him up, he was doing those awful bone-deep shakes that just mean "I'm terrified".
I picked him up and held him close in my lap while the explosions continued, but he totally stopped shaking. He settled down, and went to sleep. The fireworks were still going off, but he wasn't frightened anymore, because he was safe and cuddled.
It's been a long 6 years, but he finally feels safest when I can help him 

Rest easy Major, you are and were a very very good dog.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Nov 2, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Aww, goodbye, Major. :(

When I saw my dog's petfinder page the rescue had a video of him posted where he was waggling his dumb little nub and I knew I had to have him.

Love this woggle doggle and his silly butt flag :3:

The front end is pretty ridiculous too.

A hyper-realistic drawing of Major done by a fellow PI goon back in the day.

Based on this picture of him enforcing the local no fly zone.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say how much we will miss Major.

I consider Riker my "last" dog. We adopted him from a shelter when he was about 4 months old I think and I said goodbye to him in 2004 when I left home and never looked back. I did see him for xmas once or twice, but that was it.

He died very suddenly one night, my brother just came home from work and he was in his bed in the kitchen. I say he's my "last" because even though my family has adopted many dogs since (and I did love the next shepherd they got, Rocky), I only ever met them for a few days here and there before I just stopped coming to visit at all, so none of them were ever really "mine".

Riker was the best dog I've ever had. He had just the most wonderfully playful personality. He was insanely loyal and very intelligent, he was the first dog I really tried to train well and he loved every minute of it. You can see he was a total derp when it came to snow, he loved to roll around in it and sprawl out like that.

That last photo was the last time I got to see him when I was home for xmas back in 2005. Every time I came to visit he would be glued to me for the entire trip and slept snuggled up next to me every night. I wish I'd had more time with him, but I have so many amazing memories of him.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Best dog, Major

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Oh I am so sorry! I just lost my best buddy and I know how you feel.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I will miss hearing about Major. From everything I've heard, he is, was, and will forever be, a Very Good Dogge.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Sad to hear about Major. He was a great guy and a good big brother to Mina. Treasure the memories and know he added some light to a lot of lives.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Much love, jellyfish. What a loving loss. I always loved hearing about him. I hope you and Mina are ok.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

I can't imagine how hard it is to keep that promise. Major has been so good and brought joy to so many. He will be missed dearly.

This is Blue. Fierce protector of the house from neighborhood deer, delivery trucks, bicycles, and other dogs. Blue is low maintenance and lazy but is always hype for a walk, where he immediately stops walking to smell everything. He is very dumb unless it involves food at which point he's Mensa material. Maybe he's got it figured out. We adopted him from the shelter where he was a frequent flier and on his last chance. He's been a very good boy and it's been wonderful to see him very clearly impatient to have our daughter be old enough to play with him.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Major will be missed, I loved seeing your posts about that distinguished old man :unsmith:.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
😭

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

Here's Johnny. We don't know how old he was when we picked him up from the humane society (we guess 1.5-2 years), but this was his third attempt at a forever home. The first few weeks were extremely difficult - all he wanted to do was roughhouse and would fight with our other dog, which wasn't the best match for our low-energy fully grown family.

But we didn't give up on him.

Over the years he has mellowed out considerably. There's still some triggers like the door bell, vans, and anything that moves past the front door, but he's able to be content just hanging out with the family.

He will sneak into your bed if you leave your door open.

And he puts up with the seasonal bandana.

awoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJua5r60qU

Actuarial Fables has a new favorite as of 01:45 on Nov 3, 2022

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Actuarial Fables posted:

Here's Johnny. We don't know how old he was when we picked him up from the humane society (we guess 1.5-2 years), but this was his third attempt at a forever home. The first few weeks were extremely difficult - all he wanted to do was roughhouse and would fight with our other dog, which wasn't the best match for our low-energy fully grown family.

But we didn't give up on him.

Over the years he has mellowed out considerably. There's still some triggers like the door bell, vans, and anything that moves past the front door, but he's able to be content just hanging out with the family.

He will sneak into your bed if you leave your door open.

And he puts up with the seasonal bandana.

awoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJua5r60qU

I feel like that video is Johnny responding to another dog singing,”I have a home!” with “I also have a home!” then listening as other dogs in the neighborhood also sing similar dog songs.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/____B_S____/status/1587730102539911169?s=20&t=TjzRVazBLBZhyIM5wf5krg

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Good boy, Major.

Thanks for sharing him with us, IJ. Take care of yourself.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

That's a Steiff toy, not a real dog. Check for an ear tag.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

He seemed a good boy, Jellyfish. Condolences.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Condolences, I'm sure we've all felt that pain of losing someone close & dogs are family. Glad he had a good long life, you're a great owner & I'm sure he appreciates every minute he's had.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/d1Lgrbs.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Rexie has been allowed a brief, supervised visit to investigate the chicks. She's mostly just confused by them.

Zapdos has such an attitude, wants to fight her.

We absolutely cannot let Iska into the same room as birds let alone within 10 feet of them, she has murder in her little heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Thank you for sharing your good dogs everyone :unsmith:

Major fell asleep on a big fluffy blanket eating an entire pint of peanut butter cup ice cream while I stroked his ears. I’m thankful that I could make it so easy on him when it was such a hard decision for me. He really was the best of mans.