Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Joe you will be pleased to know I was reading some old Sentry comics last night and there was actually a scene where he was brandishing a gun. Its fuckin canon!

I need that in my life!

Here's a thing I have in my life now:

https://twitter.com/JoeFisto/status/1587594799452155904?s=20&t=HN_7p1cwk8aWQRR67X4NlQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I don’t know if I’ve even started my payment plan yet, and you have one in hand already? This is bullshit! I am angry!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

I don’t know if I’ve even started my payment plan yet, and you have one in hand already? This is bullshit! I am angry!

I hadn’t made a payment yet even. SS just emailed and asked if I wanted to pay now to ship it.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Dammit, now I gotta find a target with that to try and get a Trap Jaw. I have the new mini-comics one, but missed out on the regular colors one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just saw those guys at Kane marked up to stupid levels so this is good.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

I need that in my life!

It was the Sentry 2005 solo series issues #5 and #6. Context with spoilers for 2005 Sentry comics:

Sentry as civilian alter ego Robert Reynolds was having a bit of a psychotic episode, pulled a gun on his therapist. Void took control of his body and then he was pointing the gun at the dude in Void form. Sentry form split off into a different dude and told Void to stop. Void taunted Sentry asking if he was faster than a speeding bullet and pulled the trigger. Cliffhanger! Next issue opens with [double spoiler] him catching the bullet and saying "you obviously know I'm much faster than a bullet so obviously you don't want him dead." He fights amongst himself and chases Void away. Sadly you never see Sentry in full Sentry regalia holding the gun, but it still counts because they're all the same guy.

Sentry comics are weird and confusing, but I still kinda hope they make a full MCU movie out of him, a good screenwriter could make something interesting out of that material. If they're trying to honor the original comics at all it would have to come after they introduce the Fantastic Four. Actually I think it would be great to do them back to back where they drop weird little background hints about Sentry throughout a F4 movie and then later reveal he was there the whole time and got wiped from their memory.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I bought this tonight because I thought the character would look nice on one of the yukata bodies that I bought

The cashier asked me what the character was from and I got to go "I have no idea :)"

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Crazy! The whole Khonshu build-a-figure wave just hit BBTS out of nowhere. All in stock except the Iron Man who didn't come with a BAF part, and gently caress that guy.

I had ordered them on Amazon a while back because the release date was so far off and I thought they might have a random sale before then that would make them cheaper. Plus it's like an extra dollar per figure from BBTS. But now I canceled that poo poo, because a terrifying bird god in the hand is worth two in the bush. Khonshu is now in my pile of loot, and soon to be mine. Along with six figures I do not really want, but gently caress it, it's Khonshu, and he loving rules, and I will pay what I must, to get him immediately.

Now they just need to actually get Moon Knight in stock so that Khonshu can have his fist. Yeah, you heard me.

I'm kinda hyped on Marvel Legends these days, when I really wasn't before. They're making really good figures of really good characters lately. Sentry was totally worth the wait, just a fantastic toy all around. The hair sculpt is crazy and that lemon yellow absolutely pops. I like how they did subtle airbrushing around the S logo on his belt for a glow effect. They really nailed it with this guy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They are making these things too drat fast

https://twitter.com/JoyToyWarhammer/status/1587758798751645696?s=20&t=BOZkx11_FYfYovAbquNLYg

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

They're so great looking but maaaaan, talk about a line that would drain your bank account in no time. I picked up one four-pack of blue dudes to be my desk buddies while I work but that's it - no matter how awesome all the other ones might look

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It was the Sentry 2005 solo series issues #5 and #6. Context with spoilers for 2005 Sentry comics:

Sentry as civilian alter ego Robert Reynolds was having a bit of a psychotic episode, pulled a gun on his therapist. Void took control of his body and then he was pointing the gun at the dude in Void form. Sentry form split off into a different dude and told Void to stop. Void taunted Sentry asking if he was faster than a speeding bullet and pulled the trigger. Cliffhanger! Next issue opens with [double spoiler] him catching the bullet and saying "you obviously know I'm much faster than a bullet so obviously you don't want him dead." He fights amongst himself and chases Void away. Sadly you never see Sentry in full Sentry regalia holding the gun, but it still counts because they're all the same guy.

Sentry comics are weird and confusing, but I still kinda hope they make a full MCU movie out of him, a good screenwriter could make something interesting out of that material. If they're trying to honor the original comics at all it would have to come after they introduce the Fantastic Four. Actually I think it would be great to do them back to back where they drop weird little background hints about Sentry throughout a F4 movie and then later reveal he was there the whole time and got wiped from their memory.

Amazing

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm kinda hyped on Marvel Legends these days, when I really wasn't before. They're making really good figures of really good characters lately. Sentry was totally worth the wait, just a fantastic toy all around. The hair sculpt is crazy and that lemon yellow absolutely pops. I like how they did subtle airbrushing around the S logo on his belt for a glow effect. They really nailed it with this guy.

It's certainly a good time in the line. Mojo is great. Sentry is great. Retro Apocalypse is great. Comic Black Panther, MCU She Hulk, MCU Namor.... great stuff. And all that good stuff in the pipeline, Spiral, Longshot, Banshee...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I loving love the Legends line. I jumped in way back when TB released the series 1 Toad and lived through the dark days, then the return, and it's a line that seems to have especially taken off these last couple years. The price increase has been annoying but the improved bucks, paint and new face tech has made up for it, and the Legends team really seems to have a pulse on what exactly collectors want seeing as my top 10 list is consistently destroyed each year.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
It will probably never happen, but I really want some X-Statix. Mister Sensitive, Dead Girl, Anarchist, Vivisector. I do have (and love) Doop.

It will super never happen, but I also want a naked Mister Sensitive + Tony Stark blades of grass fight 2-pack.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

thiccabod posted:

They're so great looking but maaaaan, talk about a line that would drain your bank account in no time.

That's just staying true to the source material

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Is there a good list of who’s been announced for the VHS x men legends?
Also have they done a classic magneto aside from TB series 2?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Snacksmaniac posted:

Is there a good list of who’s been announced for the VHS x men legends?
Also have they done a classic magneto aside from TB series 2?

You can go to Pulse and type in "animated" to get most of them though it doesn't bring up Cyclops for some reason. I think that's all of them.

https://hasbropulse.com/search?q=animated

They've done two classic Magnetos since TB series 2, with the best coming in the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/Magneto 3-pack, which looks to be obscenely expensive now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod posted:

You can go to Pulse and type in "animated" to get most of them though it doesn't bring up Cyclops for some reason. I think that's all of them.

They've done two classic Magnetos since TB series 2, with the best coming in the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/Magneto 3-pack, which looks to be obscenely expensive now.

Cool. Wasn't sure if there were any more announced but not on Pulse. Once this lotto jackpot comes in I'll be able to catch up.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Louisgod posted:

If anyone wants just the Scarlet Witch from this pack, let me know. You can pry Quicksilver and Magneto from my cold dead hands though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
oh my goodness

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/224749

edit: Batman

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Mekaneck is COMING

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

Mekaneck is COMING

Yeah I just got that email. Gonna be shipping another POL the way things are going.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The aesthetics are off the chart, goddamn. May pull the trigger on those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQkPcPqTq4M

E: Oh, they are $165 statues.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know. But I still want that Superman.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Local store has a series II magneto which I can get as a backup if I can't find one loose.

Kind of hoping for a cartoon one.

Edit: I can wait a few years!!!

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 2, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

Local store has a series II magneto which I can get as a backup if I can't find one loose.

They’re done with the animated X-Men for now and are switching to Spider-Man

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

They’re done with the animated X-Men for now and are switching to Spider-Man

:wrong:, there's still the rumor of the X-Men '97 animated wave late next year, which may include Magneto.

https://marvelousnews.com/252-31871

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

:wrong:, there's still the rumor of the X-Men '97 animated wave late next year, which may include Magneto.

https://marvelousnews.com/252-31871

“For now”

(Give me more)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dammit, it hurt saying no to buying the wonder woman one but that Superman on is extremely my poo poo. Maybe I need to go buy a lottery ticket tonight. Then I might be able to afford all 3!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I have the Wonder Woman one that they first put out a few years ago and it’s really nice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

I have the Wonder Woman one that they first put out a few years ago and it’s really nice.

I had no idea they'd already done one.

The Superman looks quite a bit like Cavill to me, anyone else see it?

Edit: Eternia livestream was earlier, if it hits 10K every backer gets King Grayskull as well. So that will probably get it over that tier. And they had the new one on a turntable and i'm already brainstorming how to do something similar.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 2, 2022

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I’m glad they are adding King Grayskull back. I hope that puts it over the top. Someone on Twitter said there was a rumor of a hidden 12k stretch goal. I wouldn’t be surprised if they add more.

I really want that Eternia but really really don’t need it, I must be strong!

Pixel Dan put up a video of Mondo She-Ra. Really looking forward to watching that after work.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/gundam_info/status/1587626818366242816?s=46&t=swa2esWyUjzuXFE8WC8EiA

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Edit: I can wait a few years!!!

Magneto is easily my most disappointing legend, so definitely wait for a redo. Alternatively, get the Upcoming Mafex one which looks drat near perfect.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sgt. Slaughter arrived today from BBTS. I dig the retro packaging, but it is a lot smaller and less articulated than I expected.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
excuse me sir but that's a butt plug.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

Sgt. Slaughter arrived today from BBTS. I dig the retro packaging, but it is a lot smaller and less articulated than I expected.

what the hell is that lmao

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

excuse me sir but that's a butt plug.

Just about anything could be.

With enough lube and patientnce...

CelticPredator posted:

what the hell is that lmao

Classified Slaughter came with a little toy version of himself!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh ok lol

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Is it me or is his lower half kinda short and he's skipped leg day as well? Maybe it's just the angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Is it me or is his lower half kinda short and he's skipped leg day as well? Maybe it's just the angle.

I suppose it could be a better likeness