Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Pardot posted:

No way this is optimal. Probably you want go with the colossal and then only one of the other two minions for more consistency. Then I have no idea about what other spells would be good, but it probably doesn't matter too much

### Std rez
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 2x (1) Flash Heal
# 2x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 2x (3) Devouring Plague
# 2x (3) Identity Theft
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (6) Lightbomb
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 2x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (8) Xyrella, the Devout
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAafDAwLoiwS/zgQOm+sDh/cDzPkDjIEErYoEy6AEiqMEorYE+dsEuNwEhqQF0+sF9OsFg+wFAA==

Habu and Dane were using lists that included Revelers as a backup and/or extra shot at cheating out the big boys

something like this :

### Big Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 2x (1) Shadowcloth Needle
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (2) Spirit Lash
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 1x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 2x (3) Devouring Plague
# 2x (3) Identity Theft
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin
# 2x (5) Devour Mind
# 2x (6) Masked Reveler
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
# 2x (10) Stoneborn General
#
AAECAdG+BQKMgQS/zgQOm+sD9PEDh/cDrYoE8J8EorYE+dsEuNwErO0Ey+0Ey+sF0+sFg+wFj+wFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Reveler variant gets absolutely *destroyed* by Mages though, because Wildfire makes their HP just farm your poo poo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Fuuuuck a brand new Death Knight class? Absolutely loved playing them back in WoW... is the class looking good?

does it interact at all with those weird Hero Replacement cards in that OTHER old Lich King expansion?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

frajaq posted:

Fuuuuck a brand new Death Knight class? Absolutely loved playing them back in WoW... is the class looking good?

It's too early to tell, but it does feel like they've learned from Demon Hunter as far as releasing a ton of cards at once that won't devolve into a single ball of Good Stuff goes.

Also, no, those are still just regular hero cards for those classes. Maybe Arthas gets a custom voice line for them or something.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Lurks With Wolves posted:

It's too early to tell, but it does feel like they've learned from Demon Hunter as far as releasing a ton of cards at once that won't devolve into a single ball of Good Stuff goes.

mind you I havent touched Hearthstone in like 5 years

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

frajaq posted:

It's a lot better than when you left. Far from perfect, but a lot lot better.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

frajaq posted:

If it has been literally five years then great news: Knights of the Frozen Throne is back in Standard! It's like you never left!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I don't understand how to get to the new content. I have the new card but don't see the rest. What am I missing? Thanks for any assistance.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mayveena posted:

I don't understand how to get to the new content. I have the new card but don't see the rest. What am I missing? Thanks for any assistance.

You mean the Knights of the Frozen Throne stuff? It was added to the core set

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Mayveena posted:

All the Knights of the Frozen Throne cards should just be in your collection, like everything else in the core set. The event stuff should be on the same page as your normal daily missions. Most of the other stuff we're talking about with death knights and all of that are coming with the next expansion in December.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Illuminate->Shadow Essence is absolutely disgusting

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

All the Knights of the Frozen Throne cards should just be in your collection, like everything else in the core set. The event stuff should be on the same page as your normal daily missions. Most of the other stuff we're talking about with death knights and all of that are coming with the next expansion in December.

Thanks all!!! I understand now.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I agree with whoever was saying the new card things look hosed up. The spell categories already feel weird barely being different from type but the double ups are just… not great looking. The runes also look ridiculously bad on the cards. Seems okay in the deck builder but sheesh.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
anyone else having issues getting hs to update on mobile from the amazon appstore? it keeps saying i need to update and then when i hit yes to install, it just spins and goes back to showing i need an update.

i swear every time they update the game, they make it harder and harder to use amazon coins. i used to be able to use an mobile emulator on my pc to do it until this past year's expacs seemed to break that entirely.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

All I see is the one spell. Can someone give me the name of a card that I can look up? Thanks!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mayveena posted:

All I see is the one spell. Can someone give me the name of a card that I can look up? Thanks!

Like I said they’re in the core set. I don’t know if you can search for them by set name because of that but you can go into wild search and see the versions there

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Hearthstone is really broken right now. I changed one of the event quests and as a result I can no longer make a deck, change a deck or start a game.

Edit: Finally worked after two restarts.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Mayveena posted:

Shadow Essence, Priest spell.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

OK Got it, thanks again. I'll watch Thijs stream tomorrow too, get the drops and also learn about the new decks.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mayveena posted:

It’s not gonna be listed under a new set like the legendary spell, it’s all been added automatically to the core set. Just flip through the legendary cards and you’ll see a “new” death knight hero card for each class for example

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Mayveena posted:

You can also see all the Knights of the Frozen Throne cards at a glance in your collection under here:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Got back into this thr other night after 2 years away. Pick the Warlock deck because it looks like the Legendarys can go into my old Wild Cubelock deck. Have enough to build a good Imp/Curse thing I found. That's fun.

So now I can use any card from Knights of the Frozen Throne? Immediately just built a Keleseth Rogue :getin:

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The new spellcraft golden quest reward in BGs seems to be a bit buggy. After goldening a Lava Lurker with it permanently (as expected), I goldened Tough Tusk with it to see if I could get a permanent divine shield from one blood gem. That ended up giving me a permanently golden Tough Tusk instead of just a permanent DS

For some reason, a +3 health and taunt spellcraft I put on a pupbot also became permanent. The rest of the spellcrafts I played worked as intended instead of sticking permanently

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I just got gifted 150 packs from Blizz to entice me to come back after tapping out after Descent of Dragons. From what I can tell, it's mediocre timing re: rotation, but I'm easily manipulable, so I guess I'll log in, rip some packs, and sob at all the poo poo I can't build because I only have 150 packs worth of standard stuff and I'm missing too much from wild.

So, questions, if anyone wants to indulge me. What's Demon Hunter's class identity like? Are the mini-sets also collectible in boosters, or would I have to shell out for those separately? Is hsreplay.net still the go to for data-based "here are good decks, here are good decks you can actually build with your collection?" Is the limited format still boring?

Also while I was typing this post I reopened Hearthstone Deck Tracker and it remembers my most recent games - apparently I last played 1027 days ago. Oh Zilliax, we had some fun, didn't we?

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Yeah I also got a 80 pack "Welcome back"-gift, which is weird because I've been playing a ton of battlegrounds lately so it's not like I've been gone? But thanks I guess.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Boxman posted:

I just got gifted 150 packs from Blizz to entice me to come back after tapping out after Descent of Dragons. From what I can tell, it's mediocre timing re: rotation, but I'm easily manipulable, so I guess I'll log in, rip some packs, and sob at all the poo poo I can't build because I only have 150 packs worth of standard stuff and I'm missing too much from wild.

So, questions, if anyone wants to indulge me. What's Demon Hunter's class identity like? Are the mini-sets also collectible in boosters, or would I have to shell out for those separately? Is hsreplay.net still the go to for data-based "here are good decks, here are good decks you can actually build with your collection?" Is the limited format still boring?

Also while I was typing this post I reopened Hearthstone Deck Tracker and it remembers my most recent games - apparently I last played 1027 days ago. Oh Zilliax, we had some fun, didn't we?

Go look at Vicious Syndicate or d0nkey.top instead, they are better and free alternatives. Demon Hunter is a mixture of mana manipulation and card draw with weapons, lifesteal spells and big demons thrown in for good measure. It lacks good AoE clears and is generally dependent on class themes: Shards you fill your deck with which are then used as resources, Relics which are spells that improve for each one casted. It is my second favourite class after Rogue! I never enjoy Arena so I can't tell you.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Luff posted:

The new spellcraft golden quest reward in BGs seems to be a bit buggy. After goldening a Lava Lurker with it permanently (as expected), I goldened Tough Tusk with it to see if I could get a permanent divine shield from one blood gem. That ended up giving me a permanently golden Tough Tusk instead of just a permanent DS

For some reason, a +3 health and taunt spellcraft I put on a pupbot also became permanent. The rest of the spellcrafts I played worked as intended instead of sticking permanently

I saw someone Uther a Baron to 15/15, spell craft it golden, and then every round it would turn back to regular baron at 14/8 and he had to regolden it to get back to 15/15.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Boxman posted:

So, questions, if anyone wants to indulge me. What's Demon Hunter's class identity like? Are the mini-sets also collectible in boosters, or would I have to shell out for those separately?

Demon Hunter's identity in theory is 1) a lot of attacking with your face and card draw, so you burn through resources fast and either blow up your opponent or blow up yourself, 2) a lot of fragile but high attack minions, plus the occasional big chunky demon, 3) a lot of Fel spells doing direct damage to things, a lot of times with lifesteal so you survive punching things with your face. EDIT: Also they tend to get weird poo poo, as the weird demonic outsider class. Hence why they got all the weird relic stuff in Nathria, or whatever their theme for next expansion is.

Mini-set cards are rolled into that expansion's card pool for packs when they come out, so you can get the commons and rares relatively easily but you want to buy a miniset when it comes out so you don't open cards you could get by buying them directly with 2000 gold.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 3, 2022

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The Nov 1 announcement stream had some issues, or people complained that the 30 minute window was too small for the free pack. Either way, twitch pack drops are active today and tomorrow to make up for it, so don't miss out.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
SO I just jumped back in, got 80 packs and cracked them all and have some stuff to dust and such. Which of the 6 loaner decks can be upgraded to a meta deck the easiest? It looks like priest to me but I don't want to gently caress up and pick a deck that might just no longer be good a month from now.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Elblanco posted:

SO I just jumped back in, got 80 packs and cracked them all and have some stuff to dust and such. Which of the 6 loaner decks can be upgraded to a meta deck the easiest? It looks like priest to me but I don't want to gently caress up and pick a deck that might just no longer be good a month from now.

There are no established meta decks right now because everything just changed 2 days ago with the additions of Sunwell + KOTFT cards to the pool.

Also a month from now the expansion is releasing, so a deck that is still good a month from now will be the exception, not the rule.

Just pick what looks fun to you!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Theotar is probably getting nerfed again, it’s listed as a 6 mana 4/4 on the official site

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

RatHat posted:

Theotar is probably getting nerfed again, it’s listed as a 6 mana 4/4 on the official site

God is great.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Are the Visitor quests for Mercenary stuff bugged? I complete the quests with the necessary members and it doesnt accomplish the mission

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

frajaq posted:

Are the Visitor quests for Mercenary stuff bugged? I complete the quests with the necessary members and it doesnt accomplish the mission
You also need to include the Visitor on the team to get credit. This is not made clear on the mission board for some reason.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Toshimo posted:

I saw someone Uther a Baron to 15/15, spell craft it golden, and then every round it would turn back to regular baron at 14/8 and he had to regolden it to get back to 15/15.

That's weird, I used it Garr played a few elementals and then next round it kept the stats but became regular again.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RatHat posted:

Can't wait for the endless complaining about Sire :allears:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/AlecoGereco/status/1588302324132241408

Surely people will stop playing Theotar now...

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Sunwell is terrible right? Like, the cheaper you make it the worse it is. Or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

GTO posted:

Sunwell is terrible right? Like, the cheaper you make it the worse it is. Or am I missing something?

there's a sweet spot around 4/5 mana where it generates you 5/6 spells

really it depends how much you value random spells, which you probably don't unless you're playing an extreme value game or Burgle Rogue