Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I thought we only saw the aftermath of that one? Guess i'm misremembering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I thought we only saw the aftermath of that one? Guess i'm misremembering.

nah it was the whole fight

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
No seriously How is this fight not over by now? Adam not just keeping the pressure cost him the fight and I'm mad at Sandrovich for that. An entire chapter of Ryuki getting man handled and he'll still clutch the win.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Can you spoiler your entire comment next time please? The first sentence makes it pretty obvious how the chapter will play out.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 26, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Setsuna and Gaoh have pretty strong "this is not blood, this is victory wine" energy and it pisses me off that the story is pretty transparently setting them up to be unironically correct.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I like Ryuki more than Koga and he has suffered so much in the past 50 chapters. Hard to imagine him not failing here it has been so long.

That said Dudley's gimmick is exceptionally stupid even by kengan standards.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

No Wave posted:

I like Ryuki more than Koga and he has suffered so much in the past 50 chapters. Hard to imagine him not failing here it has been so long.

That said Dudley's gimmick is exceptionally stupid even by kengan standards.

"I won't beat the poo poo out of people on the ground, I'll wait for them to get up first" is hardly a particularly stupid gimmick by Kengan standards.

Sekibayashi's approach of "I will soak up the enemy's attacks because it's good viewing for the audience" is probably the dumbest from a strictly trying to win perspective.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kanos posted:

"I won't beat the poo poo out of people on the ground, I'll wait for them to get up first" is hardly a particularly stupid gimmick by Kengan standards.

Sekibayashi's approach of "I will soak up the enemy's attacks because it's good viewing for the audience" is probably the dumbest from a strictly trying to win perspective.

Mind you the last guy that attacked Ryuki on the ground got a thumb in his neck

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Last chapter you said you thought Adam would be a chump, Setsuna. Don't try and make a puppet master play now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd vastly prefer if ryuki lost here. the promised match between him and koga doesn't have any weight to it. koga is clueless that his bf has joined a small murder cult, but even if he knew its not like beating ryuki in a fight would change his mind.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Freakin lame!!! Ryuki deserves to lose!!! Cmon dudley just kill him!!!!! and Setsuna too while you're at it

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
drat, he gave him a forearm butthole.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This is actually fine, we are getting a nice amount of build up

For Adam at least, Ryuki is just getting his rear end WHUPPED

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This chapter is great for me in a vacuum but I feel like ultimately whether I like it or not depends on what happens next week. Schroedinger's chapter!

Still wishing for Adam to pull a Kuroki on the series rival.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ryuki goes into Murder Mode and his eyes start shining or whatever and his arms wrap around Adam's arm as Adam punches him, aiming to stab him in the neck.

Adam was feinting with the punch; he knees Ryuki in the groin and then suplexes him into the floor, ending the match

:pray:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Larry Cum Free posted:

drat, he gave him a forearm butthole.

I hope that Ryuki apparently implementing the Rakshasha's palm is a sign he's going to lose just like his mentor.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
The chapter name is apt in this case.

Rakshaha's palm does not work that way. No martial arts move works that way!

Also, back in KA it was stated that it normally takes seven years to learn, but the prodigy Setsuna did in one. Ryuki somehow picked it up in few weeks.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
gently caress

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Artelier posted:

This chapter is great for me in a vacuum but I feel like ultimately whether I like it or not depends on what happens next week. Schroedinger's chapter!

Still wishing for Adam to pull a Kuroki on the series rival.

Pain. Suffering. The worst of all worsts.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Warden posted:

The chapter name is apt in this case.

Rakshaha's palm does not work that way. No martial arts move works that way!

Also, back in KA it was stated that it normally takes seven years to learn, but the prodigy Setsuna did in one. Ryuki somehow picked it up in few weeks.

Hasn't Ryuki been running around with Setsuna for a few years now?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
This 1. loving sucks and 2. makes Kazzy a big ol' poo poo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
in a series full of weird BS techniques, rakshasas palm has to be the worst. The guy on death’s door manages to spin his palms faster than a turbine engine with 0 windup

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

in a series full of weird BS techniques, rakshasas palm has to be the worst. The guy on death’s door manages to spin his palms faster than a turbine engine with 0 windup

I don't even think it's supposed to be strong at range. It's the kind of strike that needs windup not a one-inch punch.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Ryuki thinking he's hot poo poo for being able to kill is pretty funny though, considering he probably would'nt get past the second round of the Anhilation Torunament. He's basically the opposite character arc from Rei, and it's not as fun to watch.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don’t think Ryuki understands the concept of a tournament

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't mind it. Not like the double Rakshasa's palm one shot Dudley. Poor Cosmo though...

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

RatHat posted:

Hasn't Ryuki been running around with Setsuna for a few years now?

He only asked Setsuna to teach him just before the preliminaries for Berserker Bowl.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Brought To You By posted:

I don't even think it's supposed to be strong at range. It's the kind of strike that needs windup not a one-inch punch.

No :)

Kiryu Setsuna: A surprisingly good teacher

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To be fair that might’ve been a very light one since it’s directly onto the heart(and it didn’t kill either)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I checked and it is still half power without a proper windup as it needs the back muscles as well as the rotation of the forearm.

Which was apparently what the newly created True Rakshasha's palm was supposed to overcome. That being said I did forget both other times he used a point blank Palm both for the Ren fight and when he did it to save himself.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

RatHat posted:

To be fair that might’ve been a very light one since it’s directly onto the heart(and it didn’t kill either)

Yeah, And I think Ryuki's palms there were more to mess up Dudley's amazing trunk muscle power than to disable

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

Yeah, And I think Ryuki's palms there were more to mess up Dudley's amazing trunk muscle power than to disable

Yeah the palms were clearly to put Adam in a ton of pain and distract him rather than to actually win the fight, so they wouldn't need to be full powered killing moves. Ryuki just fell back on the old neck jab for the actual win.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My point was more just that you can use it just fine from point blank, it's not like Rihito's Devil Ripper 27 chapters in before he improved it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I can't read any of these darn comic books because they're behind paywalls :(

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They're free for a couple of hours after release at 4pm UK time. They end up on various manga reader sites not too long after

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
can you please point this poor old man to a so called "manga reader"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this one has most stuff and seems to update faster than mangadex these days. i assume because it scrapes stuff from scan groups websites

https://manga4life.com/

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I mean the fight was fine, but overall felt that the ending made it both unsatisfying and makes Ryuki look like quite a chump for only barely handing in there.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

team overhead smash posted:

I mean the fight was fine, but overall felt that the ending made it both unsatisfying and makes Ryuki look like quite a chump for only barely handing in there.

Ryuki is a chump, I don't know what else you want to draw from it,

Rather than being like Koga, learning from his failures and doing extensive training to get better at kengan combat, Ryuki went off on a murderbender with his buddies, Crazy Setsuna and Murdercop the A-HOLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Yeah the point is that the lesson Ryuki is currently learning from his psycho teachers isn't "I need to better myself and grow stronger", it's "If only I commit myself to being a sociopathic murderer, I will be unbeatable". He's completely whiffing the point of the competition. It's like if someone became a professional baseball pitcher and decided the optimal way to win games was to hurl fastballs directly at the opposing batters' faces until the enemy team was too injured to keep playing.