Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

oh but can i have a bunch of virtual meetings using the psvr2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The Saddest Rhino posted:

oh but can i have a bunch of virtual meetings using the psvr2?

Depends, you want legs or not

Sony's gotta have a VR2 Direct planned that showcases the games coming out with the system, right? Cause the only one I know of is Horizon, which looks neat but it not something I'm buying an $800 CAD system for on its own.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They put up this blog post talking about more games and I know some more are floating around, like No Man's Sky is getting a PSVR2 remaster I know that's happening

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/1...squad-and-more/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Dark Pictures: Switchback might be good, PSVR 1 also had a rollercoaster shooter game spun off from Until Dawn and it was way better than it had any right to be

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The Saddest Rhino posted:

pickle rick is 5 years old

and was stupid as gently caress then

acksplode
May 17, 2004

haveblue posted:

The Dark Pictures: Switchback might be good, PSVR 1 also had a rollercoaster shooter game spun off from Until Dawn and it was way better than it had any right to be

Looks like it's a spiritual sequel from the same studio. Definitely the best looking game of the bunch, which is a little sad. Underwhelming launch lineup for sure. I was hoping for at least one game that looked a little more AAA. Where's my Alyx?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
God of War in VR.

Get dizzy and puke within the first three moves

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was a day one buy on PSVR 2 but that price point is giving me pause.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Really didn’t think Sony would price it so much higher than the competition

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I could stomach the price if there was a killer launch game but that doesn't seem to be happening. How do you launch PSVR2 without an Astro Bot sequel lol. Cmon

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It does come with the Sense controllers which I guess bumps the price point up. I dug out my old PSVR1 launch model "deluxe" box and it did cost me $800ish CAD out of the gate but it too came with 2 controllers and a game so I guess that's on par...

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

bows1 posted:

and was stupid as gently caress then

Nah it was funny in its absurdity and Rick's constant desire to avoid any sort of psychoanalysis.

The fandom around it, however...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
plastic crap and tv shows, no games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that PSVR2 price is really stupid, the cheap price point of PSVR was the only reason it had good sales, and now you're asking for twice the price of it, with no support for PSVR1 titles. what a joke

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Policenaut posted:

Jesus Christ PSVR2 is $750/$820 CAD. I think I had to pay around $800 for the launch edition PSVR1 up here.

Insane if they really did come in underprice from the first gen. $549 is cheaper than I thought it would be. I need dat forehead haptics

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
The true appeal of VR is in actual 1-1 physical hand and head tracking. PSVR1 just is not 'true' VR - the visual immersion is secondary to physical. It's the potential of the wii truly realized.

It is SO cool to be able to corner peek physically or blindfire and it is just.. you do the thing.

A lot of VR though is how willing you are to immerse yourself. If you treat it like a technology-aided imagination game you will have the best time.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Nuts and Gum posted:

Insane if they really did come in underprice from the first gen. $549 is cheaper than I thought it would be. I need dat forehead haptics

yea I was expecting a price closer to the Index ($1000) based on all the features they were touting. It's expensive as hell but way lower than I thought it'd be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No VR for Gran Turismo 7 pretty much makes PSVR2 useless. :( It's bad enough Beat Saber isn't on it too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Red Warrior posted:

Five hundred and forty-nine US dollars!
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1587792260594339843

Honestly not as bad as I was expecting.

Edit: Another $50 for a bundle including the Horizon Call of the Wild game. No indication of anything being included in the regular bundle, would have been nice to get say an Astrobot mini game or something with it.
lol

Will not be buying one of those, just like I never bought a PSVR1

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If I can play Alyx they can have my 600 bucks.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

mcmagic posted:

If I can play Alyx they can have my 600 bucks.

same

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Seems like a good price to me… if they have games

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Policenaut posted:

It does come with the Sense controllers which I guess bumps the price point up. I dug out my old PSVR1 launch model "deluxe" box and it did cost me $800ish CAD out of the gate but it too came with 2 controllers and a game so I guess that's on par...

If you look at it in the context of the cost of VR in 2016 it’s not bad, but through the lens of 2022 it’s pretty pricey.

I dunno if it’s a deal breaker. I really like VR and the features are exactly what I would have wanted, but that price point really puts it into luxury territory since comparable HMD bundles are usually around $400. The better announce some more drat games for it before launch.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I missed Fortnite was doing a special Star Wars week too. Lightsabers and the like have returned.

The new map changes are interesting. Really enjoy the moving buildings and the chromification of the island.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also I wanna know how easy it is to use with steam VR because that would make it way more worth my while cause I could just sell my rift and my PsVr

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Red Warrior posted:

Five hundred and forty-nine US dollars!
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1587792260594339843

Honestly not as bad as I was expecting.

Edit: Another $50 for a bundle including the Horizon Call of the Wild game. No indication of anything being included in the regular bundle, would have been nice to get say an Astrobot mini game or something with it.

holy lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I can't believe the rueful "$599 and no games" dirge has sounded once again

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Psvr2 is...... VERY EXPENSIVE lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would say considering all the features they’ve talked about for it it’s only a little more than I expected. I’ve no doubt the hardware will be mind-blowing but if the games aren’t there it’s never going to be worth it. That being said if there’s another Astro Bot that’s exclusive to it I’ll definitely get one

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BurningBeard posted:

Dope. Sounds fuckin cool. Do the RPG mechanics let you flex and break it later? I love stuff like that.

Yeah, from what I can tell, but it's also a bit of a haul. What's the best way I can put it? Everything's just really granular. You know how people complained that Mirror's Edge Catalyst had a skill tree that took a few hours to unlock (you could have most essential skills by mission 5), well Dying Light 2 quadruples down on early game disempowerment, you are a lump of poo poo at the beginning who can barely climb a wall without getting winded, and they make you work for every inch of ability progression be it through fighting, running around, or infiltrating hazard zones at night. It's honestly a lot to take in, especially if you're mostly in it for the parkour. The later abilities look like Matrix move level poo poo lol.

There's inventory management, territory unlocks, influence peddling, sidequesting for xp, different classes of gear, multiple types of stat trees, crafting, etc, etc and it all gets dealt out piecemeal in a way that opens up new territory rather gradually. I played for 20 hours (mix of sidequesting and story) before the game opened up fully and by the time it did I still only had rather basic parkour skills unlocked (wallrun and slide came at the 18 hour mark!)

The parkour is detailed but somewhat floaty, not nearly as well realized or precise as the Mirror's Edge titles, but there's a real sense of chaos and experimentation to the traversal that can go from rooftop to street level while the day/night cycle is constantly changing up what routes are safe or not. It doesn't always work smoothly but when it does the game generates a frantic, scrappy feeling all its own. The story is mostly clown poo poo, there to justify the ridiculous future-past concept city they've built to play around in, with cardboard cutout npcs that betray you left and right or just act like idiot shitheels, but the atmosphere and music and level design are top notch. Really a weird game, you can see all the layers of its development over the years, where it expanded in scope and what it was unable to cut away. Overall it's a cool game that struggles to find focus but is full of little moments of innovation and fancy.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The RE4 remake is going to be playable with the PSVR2 right? The quest version of RE4 was super fun.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

goblin week posted:

I can't believe the rueful "$599 and no games" dirge has sounded once again

It's $549, for $599 you get one game

RandolphCarter posted:

The RE4 remake is going to be playable with the PSVR2 right? The quest version of RE4 was super fun.

Yes, and RE8 is getting a PSVR 2 mode

acksplode
May 17, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

Capcom hasn't come out and said RE4make is fully playable in VR, they've only promised "PSVR2 content". So I would keep expectations in check, it might be a short DLC or something.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That’s a shame.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This might be the first real PlayStation hardware thing I don't buy day one since the PS4, especially since Canadian pricing and tax will bring that close to a grand and I can't save money because I already own the hand controllers like I could with PSVR1.

Day One they would at a minimum need a few of the PSVR1 greatest hits to get updated for it for free, like the Iron Man VR game and Astro Bot Rescue Mission.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah I'm a little shocked that there aren't 2 or 3 PSVR1 ports ready to go. Facebook just bought the studio behind Iron Man VR, so don't hold your breath for that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

*edit wrong thread

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

acksplode posted:

Yeah I'm a little shocked that there aren't 2 or 3 PSVR1 ports ready to go. Facebook just bought the studio behind Iron Man VR, so don't hold your breath for that.

They might have more to announce as we get closer to the date, maybe a State of Play or two, but yeah it's kind of alarming.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Astro’s Playroom might be one of the best tech demo/showcases ever made. Infact it’s probably still my favourite PS5 game.

I’m honestly baffled they don’t have something ready to go here as a pack in even if it’s super small in scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

*edit wrong thread

Get one of those do it yourself kits to add back buttons to your PS5 controller from amazon. It's not too difficult, no soldering needed.