Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I feel Elon’s doing a great job of helping me remember what it was like to be a “big brained” 15yr old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587873929443565572

Haha, look at this self-congratulatory rear end in a top hat giving himself a big pat on the back for turning a dumpster fire into an even bigger dumpster fire.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
It seems that everybody doesn't like me. This means I am winning.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah a lot of the right wingers that supported him are turning on him because he’s pretending to be even handed which is funny

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Really weird to see a billionaire Stuart Smalleying in public but ok

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

If everyone loves him, Elon is winning. If everyone hates him, Elon is winning. Try to keep up nerds.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That works when you're being attacked because each side thinks you're favouring the other. The relevant sides here are "Elon" and "everyone else". You can't claim you're well positioned in the middle ground just because both cat people and dog people think you're a oval office.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

My mom always said if the emerald slaves hate me I'm doing a good job.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I had a "Ukrainian" business dude at the bar last night (since all Russians coming out to bars here now just say they are Ukranian) telling me about the amazing chess moves Elon is making to create a private wechat-style one-stop app with this twitter purchase, as you will be able to order your private Tesla driver from X or whatever, pay with eloncoin using quantum computing, and communicate with your friends using Twitter's amazing infrastructure. So get ready for Elon to displace governments and banks with his universal financial and communication controls, as is his plan. It's all a plan, not a rich guy flailing about comically because he's mad people could shittalk him on the internet.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Haha, look at this self-congratulatory rear end in a top hat giving himself a big pat on the back for turning a dumpster fire into an even bigger dumpster fire.

no sir theyre saying boourns

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Dril tweets, one for every occation, etc

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Sega 32X posted:

I had a "Ukrainian" business dude at the bar last night (since all Russians coming out to bars here now just say they are Ukranian) telling me about the amazing chess moves Elon is making to create a private wechat-style one-stop app with this twitter purchase, as you will be able to order your private Tesla driver from X or whatever, pay with eloncoin using quantum computing, and communicate with your friends using Twitter's amazing infrastructure. So get ready for Elon to displace governments and banks with his universal financial and communication controls, as is his plan. It's all a plan, not a rich guy flailing about comically because he's mad people could shittalk him on the internet.

I love how russians say the stupidest poo poo ever just to rile up americans and make them destroy themselves.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Is Tesla still letting people use autopilot? No one ever talks about autopilot anymore, and that worries me, like we all forgot there are cars dumber than their owners, driving themselves.

E: ah

https://futurism.com/elon-musk-engineers-tesla-autopilot-twitter

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
lmao it just clicked to me that owning twitter means ability to squash / control all that tesla autopilot evidence that is mounting more and more by the day

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lol that twitter immediately got orders of magnitude shittier like overnight and its barely just begun

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587894226695884800?s=20

LOL What an absolute loving moron.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Behold, the world’s richest man

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

This is the man that was told it would be 100K for a rocket guidance system ONE TIME PURCHASE and told his staff 'you have 5K to figure it out'

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587895653182513152

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Truly these twitter pictures are worth one US dollar

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Eagerly awaiting Stephen King's response to this

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

Well, I'm sold. That totally makes sense. /s

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The fact people seem to legitimately think the checkmark is what makes the celebrities is awe inspiring

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
You can tell Elon is in control and not upset at all because he can't let a single criticism go and is constantly tweeting about how wrong everyone else is, just like you'd expect from someone who is in charge.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

In my personal experience I only get Starbucks when I receive gift card from a distant relative, pressed by tradition, on Christmas. Maybe he should make Twitter blue check mark gift cards. I guarantee a Canadian uncle would go “I recall he likes being a jackass online; I’ll get him this instead,” while pondering the gift card rack at the grocery store.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fact people seem to legitimately think the checkmark is what makes the celebrities is awe inspiring

Especially once you can just buy one, it's going to become the "bully me relentlessly" badge the instant it changes over.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Can you imagine the muskovites rubbing one out every time this guy OWNS THE POORS

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

poo poo like this is gonna be printed in scholarly history books someday.

:lmao: what a fuckin’ loser.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I definitely agree with the “I’ll never feel imposter syndrome again” takes.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The blue checkmark now comes with a free frappuccino

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s pretty funny cause afaik it’s a direct response to people suing Twitter for copycat accounts, like just a direct liability shield for them. $8/celeb seems a fair price to give up for avoiding a bunch of inevitable libel suit settlements lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I would like it if the total number of blue checks goes down. Total income from the project totalling <1 mill a month would amuse me.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Lol

Twitter is worth less to me than one of those massive frappes

Like if you asked me would you rather pay $8 for a frappe that obliterates twitter I would gladly drink it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Extra Large Marge posted:

The blue checkmark now comes with a free frappuccino

*me in starbucks* Do you know who I am??? I have a blue check mark. I want to speak to the manager

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This, except theyre both twitter and they're both 44 billion

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Jestery posted:

Lol

Twitter is worth less to me than one of those massive frappes

Like if you asked me would you rather pay $8 for a frappe that obliterates twitter I would gladly drink it

I think someone went and bought that frappe already

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

un
loving
real

This is exactly what happens when you say WELL MEETINGS AND BUREAUCRACY JUST SLOW THINGS DOWN JUST LET THE GENIUS RUN IT ALL

god imagine presenting that to a marketing team as what we should post on the boss's account, at a time when they're desperately publically flailing about how to pay the bills

what a time to be alive

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

He did somehow manage not to crop out the watermark.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587899771091566595?s=20&t=kgNVPEpqpzrvUBjXBEf8qA

I feel like someone needs to remake :mitt: but for Elon. Seriously, the need for validation from complete strangers is kind of sad at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
lol look at this pathetic simp
https://twitter.com/LunchWithElon/status/1587894322405740544
Kid, if you want to learn how to be a moron, elong is definitely your guy