Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Moving into the acceptance phase of my dead girl ownership i guess. Can she pair well Razor?

Qiqi Razor are a solid combo. Qiqi provides healing and cyro application for superconduct which is a very nice dps boost for physical razor builds. You'll need some nice particle generation to fuel Qiqi though, as she doesn't generate any on her own. Fischl is a solid fit for that. Plus she'll bring electro resonance.

Both fall off at endgame. But will get you through story content just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

schwein11 posted:

"A Herald Without Adherents"

Swapping your cryos for Venti and Bennett (or any pyro, really) should probably do it? Stun robots with two charge shots from Venti, who can also swirl the cryo mage onto the hydro mage to break its shield. Bennett/pyro can easily shred the cryo shield, though Bennett specifically can also boost Noelle's damage.

The general advice when it comes to fights where shieldbreaking is important is that level is irrelevant to the effectiveness of breaking shields. So as long as you're not instadying, even low level characters can be useful. Giving them random HP artifacts and/or a leveled flower can help with the survivability issue.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

schwein11 posted:

Basically, any bright ideas on a team i could use from the above to get past the quest I'm stuck on?

Sucrose is a good pick for any battle that puts you up against Abyss Mages of different elements, as she can swirl their shields and do a ton of damage with her burst. Xiangling and Bennet also get really, really good with a little investment and will make mincemeat of the ice mage.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

early diluc let me push hard pity and still have wishes to spare :toot:

now to figure out what to do with the god of cabbage

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Manatee Cannon posted:

level her

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

Stand idle with her so she gets on her swing! It's cute.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nyoro posted:

level her

drat I've been playing this game wrong the whole time

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Just did the new story boss fight; I feel like any sense of epic-ness they were going for was completely ruined by the sense of frustration from having no idea what the gently caress I was supposed to be doing (yet still being unable to lose because it's so easy). Like, I don't feel like I did anything, I just stood around and eventually it fell over on its own. I felt so little satisfaction from the fight that I immediately came and posted this to vent.

Yes, I know there were little tutorial pop-ups but that has to be the absolute worst way to teach a player what to do in the middle of a fight.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Got both Nahida and Yoimiya within 70 pulls which is nice. Put a real nice dent into my mora and XP books, goddamn. Also got my green wings today which look :krad: on Nahida.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Qiqi Razor are a solid combo. Qiqi provides healing and cyro application for superconduct which is a very nice dps boost for physical razor builds. You'll need some nice particle generation to fuel Qiqi though, as she doesn't generate any on her own. Fischl is a solid fit for that. Plus she'll bring electro resonance.

Both fall off at endgame. But will get you through story content just fine.

Eh Qiqi doesn't really NEED to burst, it's best just as an "oh poo poo" button if you need hp asap. She really appreciates a sac sword if you aren't running a shielder in the team for better up time on her skill, but otherwise just wants atk pieces. I ran zhongli/fish/razor/qiqi up through AR50 and never had trouble killing stuff outside of the domains that hard counter electro or cryo. It's still my go to team for Azdaha no matter what his element is.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Moving into the acceptance phase of my dead girl ownership i guess. Can she pair well Razor?

If you don't have diona she's a decent second-choice option. The skill cd is long though and as solo cryo she won't be able to burst to heal as often as you like

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

schwein11 posted:

I started playing Genshin maybe a month and a half ago. Story wise I finished up the main Liyue quest I think but I haven't gotten to the next area yet. I am stuck on this quest called "A Herald Without Adherents" - I just die to the mob of dudes everytime I try it and am getting frustrated. I guess one answer would be to just grind up my team some more, which of course I continue to do, but i think my main team just doesn't handle that one well (there's two abyss mages, one water and one ice, and a big robot dude). My go to team for a long time ahs been Noelle, Ningguang, Rosaria, and Kaeya, with Noelle being on field most of the time with the others popping in for bursts and stuff. I blew my pile of primogens this morning and got Nahida, so that's cool, but other than unlocking Sumera to get DMC unlocked haven't spent any time there to get the mats to ascend her. I was lucky earlier on and also pulled Venti. My available characters in order of most leveled to least: Noelle, Venti, Rosaria, Kaeya, Sucrose (C2), DMC, Ningguang, Xiangling, Razor, Gorou, Lisa, Nahida, Kuki Shinobu, Candace, Barbara, Bennett, Amber, Yun Jin, Sayu, Dori, Beidou, and Thoma.

I'd like to do a hyperbloom thing with Nahida, Kuki, Candace, and maybe Sucrose (not sure on the 4th), but the problem there is I haven't been to the desert yet so can't ascend Candace, also can't ascend Kuki right now, and Nahida i have only ascended once with the try run stuff they give you.

Basically, any bright ideas on a team i could use from the above to get past the quest I'm stuck on?
What level are the enemies you can't beat? Also have you equipped artifacts and leveled them on the team you're using? The game is really bad about the whole artifact system and explaining how important they are for fights. Like something close to 60-90% of your stats are gonna come from leveling the artifacts on your main team, so it's really important you have them to at least 10 or 12 in earlier levels. Same with making sure your equipped weapons are at least equal to your character's level or higher.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I already want a second Nahida...

Actually I think the correct number of Nahidas I want for my account would be, 3? I haven't tried the healer Nahida build yet, but if it's good I'd take 3 copies of her, no question.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

schwein11 posted:

I started playing Genshin maybe a month and a half ago. Story wise I finished up the main Liyue quest I think but I haven't gotten to the next area yet. I am stuck on this quest called "A Herald Without Adherents" - I just die to the mob of dudes everytime I try it and am getting frustrated. I guess one answer would be to just grind up my team some more, which of course I continue to do, but i think my main team just doesn't handle that one well (there's two abyss mages, one water and one ice, and a big robot dude). My go to team for a long time ahs been Noelle, Ningguang, Rosaria, and Kaeya, with Noelle being on field most of the time with the others popping in for bursts and stuff. I blew my pile of primogens this morning and got Nahida, so that's cool, but other than unlocking Sumera to get DMC unlocked haven't spent any time there to get the mats to ascend her. I was lucky earlier on and also pulled Venti. My available characters in order of most leveled to least: Noelle, Venti, Rosaria, Kaeya, Sucrose (C2), DMC, Ningguang, Xiangling, Razor, Gorou, Lisa, Nahida, Kuki Shinobu, Candace, Barbara, Bennett, Amber, Yun Jin, Sayu, Dori, Beidou, and Thoma.

I'd like to do a hyperbloom thing with Nahida, Kuki, Candace, and maybe Sucrose (not sure on the 4th), but the problem there is I haven't been to the desert yet so can't ascend Candace, also can't ascend Kuki right now, and Nahida i have only ascended once with the try run stuff they give you.

You don't need a stronger team you just need to counter the enemies better. Abyss mages and heralds get 100x easier when you bring the 'right' elements to pop their shields.
Several units can instantly delete the cryo mage shield, including Amber's burst, Xiangling's burst, Bennett with a burst + 1-2 quick taps of his 2s cd skill, and possibly Venti or a Sucrose if you can get the two mages next to each other so the anemo burst swirls their elements together.
Plus, an archer like Venti or Amber can charge-shot the big robot in the eye twice to stun it for a million years.

You could probably beat that stage easily just by swapping one of Kaeya/Rosa out for a level 1 Amber -- she can instantly neutralize 2/3 of the enemies, then you can finish them off while they're down with whatever your strongest units are (Noelle+Ning?) or repeat the process again if killing takes long enough that they get back up.

I said level 1 Amber because abyss mage shields like these completely ignore your stats, the only thing that matters is which element you use and how many hits you land. No matter how much you level up you won't break those shields any faster with a geo+cryo team. (Although eventually you will be tanky enough to just just brute-force it and slowly chip the shield down with the 'wrong' element without worrying about dying.)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 2, 2022

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I had been frankly Genshin'd out and had stopped doing events and stuff, now I come back, get Nahida in 40 rolls and of course the game hits me with split Mondstadt/Liyue commissions with two of the longer talky ones :negative: At least she's super cute.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I said level 1 Amber because abyss mage shields like these completely ignore your stats, the only thing that matters is which element you use and how many hits you land. No matter how much you level up you won't break those shields any faster with a geo+cryo team. (Although eventually you will be tanky enough to just just brute-force it and slowly chip the shield down with the 'wrong' element without worrying about dying.)

What am I supposed to do to Geo shields

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Use geo, overload reactions, or claymores

And yeah those armored geo slimes that want you to use geo to bust through and then become immune to geo under the armor are kinda BS.

Kinda like the new dendro cube boss that's immune to dendro damage but requires you to bring a dendro party member anyway. And the old geo cube boss that does the same thing!

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 2, 2022

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Thanks for the tips everyone. I look forward to trying it again later tonight.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Use geo, overload reactions, or claymores

Ugh. Good old rock, nothing beats rock

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
They need to utilize Geo shields more. They're like the one thing that stops XQ/Yelan in their tracks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

I already want a second Nahida...

Actually I think the correct number of Nahidas I want for my account would be, 3? I haven't tried the healer Nahida build yet, but if it's good I'd take 3 copies of her, no question.

From what I'm reading, her C1 seems pretty good; if I'm understanding correctly, it can give her the Pyro damage boost (which I think is like 20+%) without having a Pyro in the party (or increase it ~10+% more if there is one). Same for the duration and time interval buffs.

Also, I'm happy to see that I was understanding that stuff wrong; apparently you get a stronger version of the buff if you have multiple characters of the same element. At first read I thought it meant "Nahida should only be used in parties with all of Pyro/Electro/Hydro in them," but it seems like she could definitely be used with Nilou (since she'd get the big buffs to the frequency of her skill activating plus duration, which I think would be good for reactions?).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nahida's Q has a CD that is so short by default that the duration increase from Hydro is more about allowing better overlap with your other characters' Q

like not needing to refresh it during a Cyno's Q

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

gandlethorpe posted:

They need to utilize Geo shields more. They're like the one thing that stops XQ/Yelan in their tracks.

Shrugs in petra Noelle. My favorite genre of geo teams, completely ignored. :smith:

Most/all of what you said is correct, but I was talking about stuff like Yelan being a second Xingqiu, not about cons. I want Nahida 2, probably Nahida 3, and possibly Nahida 4. At the very least I'm gonna be keeping an eye on Alhaitham, if he's even remotely what I'm looking for I'm probably gonna skip wander for him. Sorry buddy(?), maybe next time. :unsmith:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

So, Genshin now lets people opt in to having their teapot layouts copied by other players. Where is a good place to look for build codes to try out?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

avoraciopoctules posted:

So, Genshin now lets people opt in to having their teapot layouts copied by other players. Where is a good place to look for build codes to try out?

same question

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Kinda like the new dendro cube boss that's immune to dendro damage but requires you to bring a dendro party member anyway. And the old geo cube boss that does the same thing!

This was extremely irritating to discover especially because it also means any hyperbloom team sucks against it.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
And Nahida's camera doesn't work on the end things.

Heartbreaking.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

lmao, i know i said i wouldnt mind losing the 50/50 because it meant i could get alhaitham guaranteed (assuming i dont get a really early nahida from singles or w/e) but drat i guess i also got qiqi'd :v:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Regarding the new weekly boss, how do you dodge the big attack that kills you in one hit? It tells you to kill the things, but I don't even know how to hurt them? Specifically the flying ones.

Honestly it doesn't even matter though, since losing a character there has no effect on the battle whatsoever.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Clarste posted:

Regarding the new weekly boss, how do you dodge the big attack that kills you in one hit? It tells you to kill the things, but I don't even know how to hurt them? Specifically the flying ones.

Honestly it doesn't even matter though, since losing a character there has no effect on the battle whatsoever.
I've only done the story version, but they looked like electro shields there, so bring a cryo/pyro archer or get hosed I guess.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Collei's charged shots killed the fliers in one shot each for me

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

So bring specific elements of archers, gotcha. I will continue to completely ignore this mechanic. Incidentally, you get an achievement for dying to it, so people who haven't done that yet should also consider ignoring it. It's strictly better!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, in theory Nahida's camera should make it even more trivial.

Collei is still current MVP for finishing grass cubes, tho

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nahida's camera can't even target them, as far as I can tell. Nor can her normal attack chain hit anything off the ground. So she's useless in that fight.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive had 0 issues triggering the nodes at the end with nahida.

Charge attacks trigger them and is on a separate icd. Her tapped E also triggers it

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 3, 2022

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've been using Tighnari for the dendro cube for the instant charge attacks.

It did kind of confuse me the first attempt, since usually bars filling up is a bad thing

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You only need to dendro-electro two of the things and wait for a couple of seconds for the cube to die.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Now that proper kit leaks are starting I'm thinking that wanderer and faruzan were designed to be plugged into sunfire entirely. It would be nutty if they for some reason walked back their current no snapshotting stance and let faruzan burst snapshot but even if it doesn't bennets ult will do some incredible work. Sure it's not taking fi advantage of the elemental buffs for wanderer but do you need two when you are basically stacking Bennet attack boosts 5 separate times between two characters.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
sunfire? jean brings literally nothing to that team unless she's c2-c4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
She brings particles for faruzan who appears to have an 80 cost burst. And I
My point of view is colored because I do have a C2 jean