Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Elon has just purchased his own prison. He will never not be looking at and responding on twitter from now on. He is his own panopticon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The absolutely safe capsule for employees at Tesla and SpaceX

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

That is a very well designed poll that truly conveys the full range of options between hate speech and political “correctness”

Mountain Dew should put out a poll asking Americans if they prefer to drink Mountain Dew Code Red or Horse Semen and proudly announce to the shareholders that 98.9 percent of Americans prefer Mountain Dew to other beverages.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Unlucky7 posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587899771091566595?s=20&t=kgNVPEpqpzrvUBjXBEf8qA

I feel like someone needs to remake :mitt: but for Elon. Seriously, the need for validation from complete strangers is kind of sad at this point.

Bonus points if the animation involves his hair growing thicker over time

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The absolutely safe capsule for employees at Tesla and SpaceX

Do we get to push it around for fun, too?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Jestery posted:

Lol

Twitter is worth less to me than one of those massive frappes

Like if you asked me would you rather pay $8 for a frappe that obliterates twitter I would gladly drink it

Hell, I don’t even pay for the news; you think I’m gonna pay for someone’s opinion on the news?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I only want to see ads for Joe Rogan Brain Pills and Second Amendment Coffee Companies

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Do we get to push it around for fun, too?

If by pushing it around you mean bullying Elon into changing his mind repeatedly hell yeah!

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Jestery posted:

Lol

Twitter is worth less to me than one of those massive frappes

Like if you asked me would you rather pay $8 for a frappe that obliterates twitter I would gladly drink it

Gonna order a frappe right now and have it delivered to my apartment, where I will toast the fact that the greatest businessman in the world is attempting to monetise his content creators so that he can freely flood the site with assholes who create nothing and explicitly want to drive away other content consumers.

Then I'll pour it down the sink to symbolise musk pouring his money down the sink and also the fact that I don't want to get diabetes.

In 2 years, the only people left will be racists and brands and the plastic cup my frappe was delivered in.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If by pushing it around you mean bullying Elon into changing his mind repeatedly hell yeah!

He may have gotten exactly what he wanted, indeed. He is the center of attention now, nobody can deny that.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

sporkstand posted:

lol look at this pathetic simp
https://twitter.com/LunchWithElon/status/1587894322405740544
Kid, if you want to learn how to be a moron, elong is definitely your guy

Elon wouldn't even piss on these people even if they were on fire paid $8 a month for a checkmark.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Advertisers should have freedom of speech, aka they should be able to say anything about their product whether it's true or not, imo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

koshmar posted:

He did somehow manage not to crop out the watermark.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1587913557827387392

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Didn’t one of the far right dudes just got let back on like the day after he took over

I think he was called "Ye"

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
3. Goku

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

People seem pretty clear that Twitter isn't worth 8 dollars a month, memes CEO tells them they are wrong

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
And he's still going, just trying to post his way through it with lovely memes.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587913672801759234

Goddamn. Think of all the money he has, all of the opportunity available to him, and this is how he spends his time - scrolling and replying to critics on a stupid hellsite because he's just so goddamn desperate for adoration.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 2, 2022

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Guze posted:

People seem pretty clear that Twitter isn't worth 8 dollars a month, memes CEO tells them they are wrong

The revered "tell the customers they're stupid for not wanting your product" technique

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587923502354472960?t=4_31_1y8I3miTJwpurjGbA&s=19

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Oh my God shut the gently caress up and kill yourself already

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

IBroughttheFunk posted:

And he's still going, just trying to post his way through it with lovely memes.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587913672801759234

Goddamn. Think of all the money he has, all of the opportunity available to him, and this is how he spends his time - scrolling and replying to critics on a stupid hellsite because he's just so goddamn desperate for adoration.

He is so god damned stupid its painful.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sweater:
* attractive
* handsome color
* keeps you warm
* soft

Twitter:
* none of these things
* not exactly a substrate for sick owns
* much more expensive and loss leading, likely less durable than a sweater

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Where is our resident bazinga to explain the genius we’re witnessing??

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nothing matters to advertisers more than principles

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There must be some means by which this man can be mulched and his money used to support starving millions.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Where is our resident bazinga to explain the genius we’re witnessing??

I could link you to some unbiased articles that explain how all of this is, contrary to all appearances, in fact a very genius business :master: but I’d rather not

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DISCLAIMER: Spectacle generation via petty over-personal uses of Twitter can result in protracted legal issues with your targets of ire. As always, slapfights (on the internet) are not a productive use of one's time.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587899771091566595?s=20&t=kgNVPEpqpzrvUBjXBEf8qA

I feel like someone needs to remake :mitt: but for Elon. Seriously, the need for validation from complete strangers is kind of sad at this point.

Ahahaha. While he's putting up petty poo poo like that, meanwhile:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonLew87/status/1587922512931082240

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Non-stop tweeting pandering and begging for approval. Surely the qualities of someone who is not pathetic and knows what they are doing.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 2, 2022

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Oh, 8 dollars is too much well what about another thing that costs money hmmmmm!!!??!?!?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think he thinks if he gets enough people on twitter to agree with him online advertisers will change their mind?

That didn’t work when he tried to wiggle out of the purchase itself so I don’t know why it would work now

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Valko posted:

reknowned pervert Caligula

Too long for a username I think.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

As overpriced as it probably is that $8 latte at least makes the person feel good. Paying for Twitter would probably give the opposite feeling

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

bobjr posted:

As overpriced as it probably is that $8 latte at least makes the person feel good. Paying for Twitter would probably give the opposite feeling

Most people think the 8$ latte is extremely overpriced and would only consider paying for it when there's literally no alternative including just making your own coffee at home

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Unperson_47 posted:

Non-stop tweeting pandering and begging for approval. Surely the qualities of someone who is not pathetic

What’s he supposed to do? Use his obscene wealth to satisfy his every fleeting whim? Be constantly pleasured by nineteen supermodels in a solid gold palace without a care in the world because he has more money than any human ever to live?! That’s SO LAME.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
The CEO of three (3) multimillion dollar companies spending the afternoon posting memes to twitter tells me everything I need to know about the typical day of a CEO.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Happy Landfill posted:

The CEO of three (3) multimillion dollar companies spending the afternoon posting memes to twitter tells me everything I need to know about the typical day of a CEO.

Nobody has ever tried to post through it as hard as Ol' Musky.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hey you guys wanna see a complete loving rando post an actually viable business model for Tesla?!

(1) Make a smaller platform, call it the 2. On this platform, make a Miata competitor (convertible mandatory, and also a 2door hatchback that competes with the BRZ/Genesis coupe. To save money, Subaru parts bin style, re-use as much of the 3 and Y equipment for base model. This includes especially the brakes. On the top Plaid model, offer neat plaid interior and use the brakes off the model S like knockoff Brembos. Parts bin your lineup strategically, as much as possible to save money, with the added bonus of making your cars more junkyardable.

Offer it in BlackSilverWhiteRedBlueBrightYellowBritishRacinggreen.

On the same platform (call this the 4): A little inexpensive 5 door hatchback like the Focus, Volt, or i3, and a very tall but small crossover with slightly more luxury options (like the Buick Encore) for tall people and folks with back and knee problems. These will be easy derivative iterations of each other.

(2) 2-3 years from now do a mild facelift on the whole line. Emphasis on mild. Make it possible to swap the facelift parts between generations.

(3) Drop the gimmick limited edition Cybertruck and make something slightly more conservative with single and double row seating cabs, with 8', 6.5', and a 5.5' short bed. Make this body on frame and simple to lift. Keep the neat evil powerline headlights. Calm this the U, for Utility, and offer an enclosed SUV version as well that compete with the Tahoe, Expedition, and Grand Wagoneer. Make it rather Warthog-like and offer a plug-in PTO front and back, with options for localized power ports akin to 110/120V 220/240V mains.

Congratulations your brand is saved and you can spell 2 S 3 X Y 4 U

One big dent on the Cybertruck's bending brake body is gonna necessitate frame repair and is gonna result in traffic deaths

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 2, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
For guys like Elon, feeding his ego with love and adoration from his loyal worshippers is far more important than actually doing anything fun with his money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Waffle House posted:

Hey you guys wanna see a complete loving rando post an actually viable business model for Tesla?!

(1) Make a smaller platform, call it the 2. On this platform, make a Miata competitor (convertible mandatory, and also a 2door hatchback that competes with the BRZ/Genesis coupe. Subaru parts bin style, re-use as much of the 3 and Y equipment for base model. This includes especially the brakes. On the top Plaid model, offer neat plaid interior and use the brakes off the model S like knockoff Brembos.

Offer it in BlackSilverWhiteRedBlueBrightYellowBritishRacinggreen.

On the same platform (call this the 4): A little inexpensive 5 door hatchback like the Focus, Volt, or i3, and a very tall but small crossover with slightly more luxury options (like the Buick Encore) for tall people and folks with back and knee problems. These will be easy derivative iterations of each other.

(2) 2-3 years from now do a mild facelift on the whole line. Emphasis on mild. Make it possible to swap the facelift parts between generations.

(3) Drop the gimmick Cybertruck and make something slightly more conservative with single and double row seating cabs, with 8', 6.5', and a 5.5' short bed. Make this body on frame and simple to lift. Keep the neat evil powerline headlights. Calm this the U, for Utility, and offer an enclosed SUV version as well that compete with the Tahoe, Expedition, and Grand Wagoneer.

Congratulations your brand is saved and you can spell 2 S 3 X Y 4 U

One big dent on the Cybertruck's bending brake body is gonna necessitate frame repair and is gonna result in traffic deaths

Waffle House