Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
https://twitter.com/allreactionvidz/status/1162459949282336770?s=46&t=jEtX0BZG_dYU5JAzijAuEg

minny scouts watching cam Johnson scorch every player on the roster while blocking towns and putting up 7 assists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i love basketball

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

DLo is fine just standing out there creating spacing. don’t overthink DLo.

if DLo is gonna create spacing, he needs to be a better 3 pt shooter than Ricky Rubio, who I spent years watching defenses just slack off of every time because lmao yeah go ahead and shoot that. he'll probably return to the mean sometime, he's always been a streaky shooter, but yeesh he's just been godawful to start the year

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
how is Ant looking so far this season? I haven't seen a lot of talk about him, KAT Gobert and DLo are taking up all the posting and article space

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

how is Ant looking so far this season? I haven't seen a lot of talk about him, KAT Gobert and DLo are taking up all the posting and article space

he's making the 3rd year progression we hoped he would. he wants to guard the team's best offensive player and while the whole defensive scheme is a trainwreck but it's not because of him. he's stepped up his non-scoring effort in rebounds and assists. one of the Wolves best lineups this season is him playing with the reserves and just running a spacing attack that lets him initiate at the point and then either drive to the rim if they don't double him or kick it to someone if he does. he's not ever gonna be like a permanent point player but he can run it really, really well for stretches.

also, he put on a bunch of muscle in the offseason and he's been way better about getting to the rim, particularly when there's contact. it's all small sample size stuff right now but it's there in the stats a little and he definitely passes the eye test.

it's easy to forget that the starting five last year were (in order of size) KAT, Jarred Vanderbilt, Ant, PatBev, DLo and this year it is Gobert, KAT, Jaden McDaniels, Ant, and DLo. Kat is making the transition off the rim protector 5, where he wasn't ever really suited, Jaden McDaniels is making a good 3rd year leap while transitioning from a big to a wing, and Ant is normally being tasked with guarding much smaller and quicker players, since McDaniels is more of a natural stretch 4 (or a Great Value KD if you're being SUPER generous). Basically everyone but DLo is guarding positions they aren't used to guarding.

but folks also forget that the Wolves started last year 4-9 before figuring poo poo out and going on a goddamn tear. there's problems right now, but it's mostly because KAT is playing a new position and so is Jaden McDaniels (remember they could have given him up in the Gobert trade and kept 2 draft picks, but they felt he was worth it. And they were right to keep him, he's easily worth whoever they would have gotten with those picks (hot take possibly there).

Ant is as good as advertised but dude is also like ... 21 years old, and just turned 21 back in August. barring injury, he's gonna be a top 10 player in the league when he's in his prime. he's got all the tools, the right attitude, and loving wants that level of play.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
that's cool. I like Ant and thought he was great in the Adam Jandler movie. I’m glad he didn’t do the Kyrie Double Down when he got called out about that weird video he shared over the summer

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

that's cool. I like Ant and thought he was great in the Adam Jandler movie. I’m glad he didn’t do the Kyrie Double Down when he got called out about that weird video he shared over the summer

Yeah, he's got some legit work to do on that, and he's said all the right things. The Wolves have a pretty strong LGBTQ fanbase and he did some damage to his image with that, which I think he recognizes. Hopefully he can keep doing the work and come out the other side with the community's support restored.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I understand why gay people might hold it against him for a while but I think he's still young enough to qualify for the Just A Kid pass since he apologized right away

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

I understand why gay people might hold it against him for a while but I think he's still young enough to qualify for the Just A Kid pass since he apologized right away

This is by no means a defense of him but there are a lot of people who think that when you become big or get into the spotlight you immediately have good opinions. When in reality they're a regular person who just makes a lot of money now.

This happens in rap all the time. Like people were shocked that Boosie was saying some wack things. He's just a dude from the hood who finally made it. Lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Celebrity worship is the closest thing to a state religion America has

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what was the name of the movie kyrie cited ?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

birth of a nation

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Rick posted:

Oh cool we're actually talking about the games here.

It's worth noting that they sat Chris Paul and the Timberwolves climbed to within a basket despite being down by like 17 at the start of the fourth. Most people aren't able to take five steps to find someone to pass to who's open all night long thus it's trivial to pick apart a defense like that, certainly Cam and Booker couldn't, and I'm the number one "actually Chris Paul is riding the coattails not the other way around" person on Earth.

they sat everyone for 5 minutes in the 4th and then the starters came back and they nuked them. they even talked about this on the broadcast how last year they'd have booker or cp3 there to keep the offense going but this year they want the bench to actually be good so they are going to get to play in the deep end. and imo they looked alright except they couldn't make any shots but i think that's basically what you get with payne/shamet/lee

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

AnimeIsTrash posted:

birth of a nation

ive been avoiding that story but did he actually?

also I only watch Sixers losses this season, and I'm afraid to watch the game tonight.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
it was "Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

doc should be fired for not playing Paul Reed

it’s absurd

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Reed comes in , sixers do better

amazing

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

what was the name of the movie kyrie cited ?
some black israelite poo poo

a new study bible! posted:

also I only watch Sixers losses this season, and I'm afraid to watch the game tonight.

no he didn't.

euphronius posted:

doc should be fired for not playing Paul Reed

it’s absurd

i'm getting the vibe doc rivers doesn't want to coach at all, don't know why he's doing it at this point

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is that related to black nationalism?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

euphronius posted:

Are you unaware of the black Israelites?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's part of the wacky supposed alternate history involving jews stealing the mantle of being god's chosen race from black people and that jews are satanist that was promulgated by the CIA to make marxist black nationalism and black power movements look worse by association

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it is related to black nationalism per Wikipedia I guess

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

i'd say it falls under that umbrella yeah. if you've been in any downtown area in a big city you've probably run into some of them. basically they think theyre the true god's chosen people and blame jews for stealing their identity.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

a new study bible! posted:

No that was a joke iirc it was some black israelite movie that had a quote attributed to hitler in the beginning. lmfao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/howardbeck/status/1587949733213085704?s=46&t=PRmwIuTr8FyPYmCLIHuk_A

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nets should be bought by trump imo what an incredible franchise

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

euphronius posted:

oh I didn't realize you were a main line boy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NBA players should get into garveyism, that would be tight.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

Celebrity worship is the closest thing to a state religion America has

Pretty sure that's just Protestantism

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Boston vs. Cleveland is a tremendous game. I told you all Cleveland was a contender!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Mitchell is in great shape and playing amazing D against Tatum, forcing turnovers even. Mobley and Jarrett Allen are block machines. Garland is back and looks tremendous

If Giannis got injured I would pick them to win it all

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Boston vs. Cleveland is a tremendous game. I told you all Cleveland was a contender!

They've already beaten us once

e: twice

loquacius fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 3, 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

didn’t watch the game. they went to ot again and the cavs won again? lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think the first time around Tatum missed a gamewinner in the fourth; this time Jaylen missed a gamewinner in OT

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tatum did get a dunk and then a block to send us to OT though so at least a little clutch happened

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The mavs didn't throw away a win. Turn up.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lol i lied

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

🙏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!