Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I am pretty sure no one is saying that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well people have been saying that but more in response to all the right wingers saying this is a win for free speech. Not like in general

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ben shapino posted:

Waffle House

Do you want your joker av back or something else

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Waffle House posted:

Do you want your joker av back or something else

I like big Elon tbh

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ben shapino posted:

I like big Elon tbh

k lmk if you want a dice roll but cool av again sometime

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

instead of convincing every user to fork over $8, maybe he can just convince one very gullible billionaire to fork over $44 billion in one shot

there's gotta be at least one billionaire out there dumb enough to be swindled like that

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
You think he’d be making the same crappy memes about how cheap it is if Steven king hadn’t poo poo on him for one tweet and gotten him to drop it from $20?

Also how quibbling over the exact price still completely misses the loving point that he’s trying to charge people money to make free content for him and his platform, especially if one of the selling points is that it gives higher priority for showing up in peoples feeds.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Pretty amazing that Musk can find a way to make that "first tweet" nft even more unsellable

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Elon Musk Thread: I never thought I'd see the day the richest man in the world is a shitposter

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Elon Musk Thread: I never thought I'd see the day the richest man in the world is a shitposter

:justpost:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

elon's posting has the stink of desperation to it, it's not aloof and detached like true shitposting

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
His poster’s heart is false and treacherous

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

ben shapino posted:

Most people think the 8$ latte is extremely overpriced and would only consider paying for it when there's literally no alternative including just making your own coffee at home

An $8 latte isn't coffee. It's dessert with caffeine. Just think of it in the same category as boba.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Bad Purchase posted:

elon's posting has the stink of desperation to it, it's not aloof and detached like true shitposting

Yeah, he's absolutely in "posting through it" mode. Give it to the end of the week until he pulls back further on the idea and says it was all part of some elaborate social experiment master plan.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Thundercracker posted:

An $8 latte isn't coffee. It's dessert with caffeine. Just think of it in the same category as boba.

boba deez nuts

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Elon has just purchased his own prison. He will never not be looking at and responding on twitter from now on. He is his own panopticon.

This is my favourite part, he can never leave. He's a slave to the attention and the DATA about all the attention he gets. 394,000 people saw my cool meme in the last hour! Lemme just check if AOC saw my reply, how many seconds did she look at it? Can you imagine him walking away from being able to measure everyone's like for him, the greatest and funniest and coolest guy of all time?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

If I hadn't deactivated my account, I'd be running a bot that tweets "nice meltdown" as the first reply on all his tweets

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone posted a Lucille Bluth it's only a tweet what could it cost $8 meme yet?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

cracker posted:

Has anyone posted a Lucille Bluth it's only a tweet what could it cost $8 meme yet?

yes

Anukahn
Jul 22, 2006

My brain hurts
At least he is bringing back some of that good old internet flavour, this all feels like those decades-old spam type "!!!alert! Pay now or hotmail will close your account"

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

some vintage elon dumbassery:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1240754657263144960

based on current trends, Twitter will be highly profitable by end of November

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

ben shapino posted:

some vintage elon dumbassery:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1240754657263144960

based on current trends, Twitter will be highly profitable by end of November

You dont get it....he looked at the trends dammit!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

true, true

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

sporkstand posted:

You dont get it....he looked at the trends dammit!

https://twitter.com/DustinDeRolph/status/1240780467760062464

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Is there a bit somewhere taking screenshots of all his Tweets? He seems very much the type to delete them all and try and say he wasn't mad in the paper.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Purchase posted:

the true poster's delight. those who are attracted to the stink, feed on it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

greazeball posted:

Is there a bit somewhere taking screenshots of all his Tweets? He seems very much the type to delete them all and try and say he wasn't mad in the paper.

you can always plug it into archive.ph: https://archive.ph/https://twitter.com/elonmusk/with_replies
it appears lots lot of people have been saving archives of his tweets:

here's the one from today. It seems to have all his replies going back to Oct 25th.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

greazeball posted:

This is my favourite part, he can never leave. He's a slave to the attention and the DATA about all the attention he gets. 394,000 people saw my cool meme in the last hour! Lemme just check if AOC saw my reply, how many seconds did she look at it? Can you imagine him walking away from being able to measure everyone's like for him, the greatest and funniest and coolest guy of all time?

He's going to end up like Howard Hughes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

greazeball posted:

If I hadn't deactivated my account, I'd be running a bot that tweets "nice meltdown" as the first reply on all his tweets

"A rare miss from @elonmusk"

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Unlucky7 posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587899771091566595?s=20&t=kgNVPEpqpzrvUBjXBEf8qA

I feel like someone needs to remake :mitt: but for Elon. Seriously, the need for validation from complete strangers is kind of sad at this point.

Are the poll results in favor of musk? I can’t check without making a Twitter account and logging in.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
https://twitter.com/KurtWagner8/status/1587960063959789568

Surely this will help make my $44b back!

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

buglord posted:

Are the poll results in favor of musk? I can’t check without making a Twitter account and logging in.

It's 80/20 in favor of FREEDOM with over a million votes.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

He's going to end up like Howard Hughes.

"Get inside the Twitter, CTO."

"Sir, that's not really possible."

"Figure it out. Now."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

holy gently caress

lol this is gonna be something else

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

oh boy! a 50% chance of getting fired and the chance to rub shoulders with Elon in person at Twitter HQ?!
résumé sent!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

If you're in the half that makes the cut why wouldn't you bail? You may get fired on a whim cause the catturd account won't stop whining his posts don't get enough likes

Guze fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 3, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
A lot will bail due to the wfh change as well. Weird that he's doing the layoff before that.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 3, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Guze posted:

If you're in the half that makes the cut why wouldn't you bail? You may get fired on a whim cause the catturd account won't stop whining his posts don't get enough likes
Buy time to secure a better career and bail bail bail. I mean dudes in "engineering" at Twitter are pretty much gold right and I'd think software people probably dislike musk for being the trope kid who screams that he is a German super hacker in CS:S level of "coder".

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

A lot while bail due to the wfh change as well. Weird that he's doing the layoff before that.

Yeah that's really stupid. I mean if you WFH you can apply for a job and do an interview all while home and secure a future job.

"Your next task EMPLOYEE #4728 IS: astroturf a Rhodesian reunification dimension of the twitterverse...you have 3 days",

"Your next task EMPLOYEE #4728 IS: Evict the ANC blue checkmark from the Twitter verse",

"Your next task EMPLOYEE #4728 IS: SMEAR GMC",

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 3, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

A lot while bail due to the wfh change as well. Weird that he's doing the layoff before that.

only downside to wfh is not being able to tell elon to gently caress off right in his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Guze posted:

The "No remote work" Is to purge anyone who isn't already a musk-stan.

Nobody who actually wants to retain tech talent is doing that, remote work is practically a must if you want to retain good talent.