Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

This skit permanently altered my families vocabulary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I still say A-a-ron to anyone named that thanks to the substitute skit.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

made new wallpaper for work

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Missing Name posted:

made new wallpaper for work

man this is fine by me, just let them make me better at video games or less tolerant to weed or something

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Code Jockey posted:

man this is fine by me, just let them make me better at video games or less tolerant to weed or something

Look, you know they're going to do the opposite

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

Look, you know they're going to do the opposite

Less tolerant to video games and better at weed?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

rydiafan posted:

Aw gently caress

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

rydiafan posted:

if this means I'm pickier about what games I like, I'm down

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

One More Fat Nerd posted:

"Draxx. Them. Sklounst." Is by far one of the most burnt- in phrases in my useless brain and that makes me happy lol.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mrs. Throughthewire

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Beast Pussy posted:

This was almost verbatim part of the active shooter training at the school I worked at.

"Just throw textbooks at him until he goes away"

10 years from now there will be a TikTok video of someone throwing textbooks at targets 40ft away with 100% accuracy

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

delightful posted:

10 years from now there will be a TikTok video of someone throwing textbooks at targets 40ft away with 100% accuracy

It’ll still be dudeperfect somehow

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

lol and she was fired a week in for being too racist.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

dialhforhero posted:

I still say A-a-ron to anyone named that thanks to the substitute skit.

Churlish.

And insubordinate.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

PathAsc posted:

"Draxx. Them. Sklounst." Is by far one of the most burnt- in phrases in my useless brain and that makes me happy lol.

This skit really puts the pussy on the chain wax.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BonHair posted:

Lmao if you think being literal actual poison would prevent people from buying and using it as a food product.

e: oh nvm, the substitute skit

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Nov 3, 2022

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

delightful posted:

Replacing supplementing school shootings with fatal schoolbook throwings

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

It took me way too long to see that Lars Ulrich does not in fact wear a Mickey Mouse hat in that pic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Doesn't want to get sued

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

hello thread, I found an adorable meme by an angry 12yo

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

hello thread, I found an adorable meme by an angry 12yo

Tell me about it.

The computer class in my school in 1996 still had monochrome IBM PC computers. They taught us Word Perfect and Pascal programming.

Just when I left that school they finally got modern Windows 95 PCs the next year.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

lobsterminator posted:

Tell me about it.

The computer class in my school in 1996 still had monochrome IBM PC computers. They taught us Word Perfect and Pascal programming.

Just when I left that school they finally got modern Windows 95 PCs the next year.

we had an asbestos “problem” in the schools, the MS & HS had leaks everywhere, arts lol I was half a credit short to go to a state school because they cut back on them, and not enough lockers for students! I graduated in 09, so it was full throttle into the recession.

Well, the first one.

god.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My elementary school had a lab of Apple ][s so I learned to type on one of those. We also played Number Munchers a lot

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm a baby and my school stocked up on the fuckin Apple eMac models (not `emacs` and yes this was short for 'education Mac') and they were super unreliable!! They kept breaking

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
My high school somehow had Quake 3 installed on all the library computers if you knew where to look and on half-days those of who had to wait for the bus basically had a LAN party. The librarians did not give a single poo poo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I learned to use computers on Acorn Archimedes, with occasional trips upstairs to the other computer room where they had the latest thing - Windows NT.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

BonHair posted:

Lmao if you think being literal actual poison would prevent people from buying and using it as a food product.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

E:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztp0vHSSVqM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Heath posted:

My elementary school had a lab of Apple ][s so I learned to type on one of those. We also played Number Munchers a lot

A lot of those edutainment games were meh or even bad but number munchers had p solid gameplay

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I was in the gifted and talented program at my school and we had an Apple II GS so suck it jocks

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

:corsair:

I miss writing poo poo in hypercard

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I was in the gifted and talented program at my school and we had an Apple II GS so suck it jocks

Me too, but this was in the late 90s.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gifted and Talented Program for children? Don't you mean Adult With Stress and Anxiety problems?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Infinitum posted:

Gifted and Talented Program for children? Don't you mean Adult With Stress and Anxiety problems?

Also yes.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

1stGear posted:

My high school somehow had Quake 3 installed on all the library computers if you knew where to look and on half-days those of who had to wait for the bus basically had a LAN party. The librarians did not give a single poo poo.

We put Unreal Tournament on the network drive for when we were in keyboarding class.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Infinitum posted:

I think so, but the other people that were in the program also seem happier and better adjusted than me, so I'm sure it's a personal problem as well.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Infinitum posted:

Hahaha I don’t know what you’re talking about haha

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Basically none of these programs teach how to deal with the emotional intensity that is part of the learning difference. Whoops.