Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The VMP 2-LP reissue of this from a few months ago is so loving good, this thing is just a $130 joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CPL593H posted:

It's not about music anymore. It's about overpriced vanity items and price speculation.
I don't know what you're talking about. I, a music lover, prefer a format where I have to flip a disk every song, and replace it with a different one every other song.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gorillaz is doing something worse than this for their upcoming album. Something like a 10 disk set of 7” records, one for each track. Back side is just etched. $175, sold out.

https://usstore.gorillaz.com/products/cracker-island-exclusive-7-vinyl-collectors-box

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I got three future funk albums in the mail today (Dan Mason, Saint Pepsi, and Yung Bae) and I'm happy as hell.

My local place has a couple Death Grips albums I don't have yet...fingers crossed they'll still be there this weekend.:getin:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Read After Burning posted:

I got three future funk albums in the mail today (Dan Mason, Saint Pepsi, and Yung Bae) and I'm happy as hell.

My local place has a couple Death Grips albums I don't have yet...fingers crossed they'll still be there this weekend.:getin:

Dick cover or GTFO.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

CPL593H posted:

It's not about music anymore. It's about overpriced vanity items and price speculation. But that's not why I mentioned the Bieber thing. I'm just baffled at who exactly pays that much for Justin Bieber specifically. Does anyone older than a high school student actually listen to him? It's not like he's popular with audiophiles who have too much money or just generally anyone in the crowd that will pay high premiums for a vinyl LP. I also thought his popularity waned years ago. Who the hell is paying 60 bucks and up for the Biebz? Is anyone?

If you want an actual answer and aren't just old man yelling at clouds like usual, Bieber is incredibly popular. I think he's top 5 most streamed on Spotify.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Barry posted:

If you want an actual answer and aren't just old man yelling at clouds like usual, Bieber is incredibly popular. I think he's top 5 most streamed on Spotify.

gently caress my life that is some depressing poo poo.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Bieber's 2015 album was actually pretty decent. I wouldn't get it on vinyl, but it's got some good singles on it.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Barry posted:

I think that's kinda the point being made. Most Bieber fans will just stream the stuff but true Beliebers (or a relative of said belieber) will probably buy the vinyl and either hang it on the wall or jam out to it on their crosley. Who cares? I'll swoop in to buy this in five years when they can barely give it away... if the world is still around... and if poo poo isn't so godamn stupid still.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

sporklift posted:

I think that's kinda the point being made. Most Bieber fans will just stream the stuff but true Beliebers (or a relative of said belieber) will probably buy the vinyl and either hang it on the wall or jam out to it on their crosley. Who cares? I'll swoop in to buy this in five years when they can barely give it away... if the world is still around... and if poo poo isn't so godamn stupid still.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. It's a question of demographics. But I also just thought he peaked already because I only ever hear about him from celebrity gossip poo poo and not anything about his music or whatever. Before he was everywhere so I just figured his star faded.

But yeah I'm hoping before the collapse (or at least before I get shoved in the cattle car with the rest of the homos) records go the way of Beanie Babies so I can scoop up all kinds of poo poo for dirt cheap like a deranged record goblin.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Vinyl Thread - Deranged Record Goblins

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Extremely good gets

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I think the streaming crowd makes it more likely for records to stay put to be honest. Unlike streaming video where you pretty much need to have 3-4 services to cover all of the major shows you’d want, you can get by with one paid music service. The younger demographic that were a big part of the vinyl surge won’t care about spending $10 a month to listen to anything on a phone and then buying records on top of it. It sucks from a musician getting paid standpoint, but for a consumer the amount of music available to you for the cost is an amazing value.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CPL593H posted:

But yeah I'm hoping before the collapse (or at least before I get shoved in the cattle car with the rest of the homos) records go the way of Beanie Babies so I can scoop up all kinds of poo poo for dirt cheap like a deranged record goblin.

You and NBC both brother

Which Saint Pepsi album? I only have the (amazing, wonderful) album he put out as Skylar Spence

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Got the soundtrack to one of my first and favorite video game series!

Logic and Trick is REAL good..I remember a goon once saying it's almost got a little Aphex Twin to it, which makes sense why I liked it since I first heard it coming out of the DS's lovely little speakers in, like, 2006:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDP4ds-ozOI

DC Murderverse posted:

Which Saint Pepsi album? I only have the (amazing, wonderful) album he put out as Skylar Spence

Winners Circle, although I'm still hunting Hit Vibes (that drat thing sells out in like two seconds).

If we're talking vaporwave, a long-awaited repress of Windows 96's One Hundred Mornings dropped yesterday.
https://windows-96.bandcamp.com/album/one-hundred-mornings

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Extremely good gets

:dance:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
free to good home

chill australian psych rock, former label mates of king gizzard and the lizard wizard

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

strap on revenge posted:

free to good home

chill australian psych rock, former label mates of king gizzard and the lizard wizard

snagged this, thanks! I am very down with psych rock and the kglw vibe

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

snagged as well, sounds like a good time

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
https://youtu.be/7Z_YdC6OiwA

excellent band

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Got the soundtrack to one of my first and favorite video game series!

Cool! Though I am a heathen who likes bombastic music like the Cornered themes in addition to Logic and Trick. Have to be in the mood for calmer stuff.

Anybody else weird and gets soundtracks to games they've never played? I still love love love the soundtrack to Landing Gear, and am super glad I got the CD in a lot, but sure as hell ain't gonna play an arcade plane sim.

Also still dying for a physical copy of the Cosmic Wars soundtrack.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Received a copy of Sunburned Hand Of The Man's 'Headdress'.. Extremely weird psych rock from the east coast.

Three Lobed Recordings is one of my favorite and most consistent labels.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Turbinosamente posted:

Anybody else weird and gets soundtracks to games they've never played? I still love love love the soundtrack to Landing Gear, and am super glad I got the CD in a lot, but sure as hell ain't gonna play an arcade plane sim.

I absolutely need to get the Furi soundtrack even though it's not my kinda game at all.

Looking at my game OST section, the only current things that apply for me is:

1) Viewtiful Joe, which is a game I have (shamefully) never played...but would like to!

2) Overpass. No interest in rhythm games, but the OST is pretty good.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/773740/Overpass/

3) Kingsway. I LOVE the aesthetic of this game but it gets pretty stressful very quickly for me. :kiddo:

Earthbound and Mega Man Legends OSTs are also there (never played either game), but those are technically my partner's.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Got burned on discogs. Bought an original UK copy of Killing Joke's Night Time that ended up being hilariously off-center and having a ton of loud surface noise (even after enzyme cleaning).

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Really dug the album, thanks again!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
as someone with a bunch of 20 year old cousins I can confirm that Justin Bieber is still pretty popular

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

JAMOOOL posted:

as someone with a bunch of 20 year old cousins I can confirm that Justin Bieber is still pretty popular

Do they ever refer to him as "The Biebz"?

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Today I promised myself I would stop running out and buying any interesting record the place I go to posts on their IG.

Then they posted this. I regret nothing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Great album, but tied for “worst album cover” (for an album I own).

Also possibly the reason why I have a SA account. I used to watch that Judohobo video that was just a compilation of SA photoshops set to Super Bon Bon.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I had a £5 Amazon voucher, so I bought the best Beatles album.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Arguments ensue

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Dead Goon posted:

I had a £5 Amazon voucher, so I bought the best Beatles album.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

z0331 posted:

Today I promised myself I would stop running out and buying any interesting record the place I go to posts on their IG.

Then they posted this. I regret nothing.

How else are you supposed to learn the word mezzanine?

Wait, it was just me who learned that word from super bon bon?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How else are you supposed to learn the word mezzanine?

Wait, it was just me who learned that word from super bon bon?

This guy really kinda reminded me of Beck Hanson back then.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
some mountain goats download codes for anyone interested

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

just inherited my parents old collection so I guess I'm a vinyl guy now. they were gonna throw them all away

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Jon Irenicus posted:

just inherited my parents old collection so I guess I'm a vinyl guy now. they were gonna throw them all away

Remember to vacuum clean them and throw out anything from Barbara Streisand or Julio Iglesias.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jon Irenicus posted:

Well wth, if any of it is cool looking you can put pics up, that's what the thread is for.

Just wanted to mention new Gunship has dropped apparently.

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

Cloks posted:

some mountain goats download codes for anyone interested

Grabbed Beat the Champ and All Hail West Texas, thanks!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

petit choux posted:

Well wth, if any of it is cool looking you can put pics up, that's what the thread is for.

so far I've found three separate copies of Deja Vu and and a staggering collection of John Denver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jon Irenicus posted:

so far I've found three separate copies of Deja Vu and and a staggering collection of John Denver

Not familiar with this "Deja Vu"