Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Related, Nate threw in the towel. House currently 85% chance of going GOP, Senate currently 53% (first time since July he's had them with a stronger-than-1 chance of getting the latter)

Disney also throwing in the towel

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1587909080257118208?s=20&t=mbL3bIU8LaUyHGM7ZFlhSg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Republicans are dumber than Dems on average -- maybe it backfires bc the dems filled out the date lol

I mean, I'm assuming that there is a stated place on the envelope to put the date?

Republicans vote for candidates who deliver what they want, Democrats vote for candidates who openly mock the idea of delivering them anything, so who is dumber?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

PerniciousKnid posted:

Republicans vote for candidates who deliver what they want, Democrats vote for candidates who openly mock the idea of delivering them anything, so who is dumber?

:hai: an excellent point that succdems could not possibly comprehend

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The old Nate Silver Special: push Democratic narratives all campaign season and then start backtracking a week out from election day for rear end-covering purposes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PerniciousKnid posted:

Also they swarm to kick out people they want kicked out/don't agree with anymore, rather than shrug, hold their nose and continue to vote for them because "that's how it is". Kicking Liz out wasn't even close or up for debate

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Chris James 2 posted:

Also they swarm to kick out people they want kicked out/don't agree with anymore, rather than shrug, hold their nose and continue to vote for them because "that's how it is". Kicking Liz out wasn't even close or up for debate

GA conservatives shrugging and voting for Walker anyway just blows libs minds

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah but you don't really have to offer anything when you're the minority party.

democrats didn't offer any meaningfully different responses to covid than the republicans but they still won because everyone was pissed about the republicans response to covid

Trump only lost because Pfizer deliberately held back announcing the success of project warp speed to ensure a Biden victory. If you remember at the time of warp speed Dems were the antivaxxers declaring they would never take the Trump shot

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Nothus posted:

it seems like a a very resigned shrug from a lot of them, but yeah, 'if i vote for him my party, which does the things i want, will be in power' is a powerful motivator for some reason
https://twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/status/1587931697378918400?cxt=HHwWgIDU3eXdu4ksAAAA

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nothus posted:

this comes around very often even with people who i think get it in other situations

nobody, least of all republican voters, care about hypocrisy, not even a little.

they can get past it in their own head that maybe this democrat isn't what i stand for fully, but i have a duty to vote for harm prevention or what the gently caress ever

but the idea that the other team is just going to vote for whoever's on red team regardless of whether they're some identity republicans don't like or do some action that republicans pretend they don't like blows their minds and they just stop functioning

ignore the fact that you voted for a conservative corporate stooge for senator, the fact that he put a pride flag in a tweet one time in june means he's the demmiest dem who ever crated, but that red team, hoo boy, hypocrites!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

cagliostr0 posted:

Trump only lost because Pfizer deliberately held back announcing the success of project warp speed to ensure a Biden victory. If you remember at the time of warp speed Dems were the antivaxxers declaring they would never take the Trump shot

100%. He gave everyone a big beautiful vaccine and they hosed him.

And then Mitch killed another stimmie check in October.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nothus posted:

I thought nancy killed it first in sept. 2020 & called it an election stunt, lol.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Nothus posted:

And the media openly censoring the Hunter poo poo

It's not untrue to say the fix was in, and yet somehow the chuds saying exactly that have none of the facts as to how it happened correct. I understand that's to serve a purpose of their own, but it's also still an important object lesson that elections are so easily influenced when an outcome is desired by the powers that be. It's how anyone can tell that electoralism cannot accomplish meaningful change.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

cagliostr0 posted:

Ngl the only reason I trusted the shots is because every rich person did whatever they could to lie, cheat, and steal their way to the front of the line

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

Ngl the only reason I trusted the shots is because every rich person did whatever they could to lie, cheat, and steal their way to the front of the line

trump did a better job of rolling out the vaccine (to nursing homes & healthcare workers) than biden ("I'm a 20 yr old 'essential worker' & meemaw never goes anywhere so she can wait for hers").

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

trump did a better job of rolling out the vaccine (to nursing homes & healthcare workers) than biden ("I'm a 20 yr old 'essential worker' & meemaw never goes anywhere so she can wait for hers").

Desantis did this too, which means catering to your base is chud behavior.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

my suburb didn't roll out vaccines for 60+ till may of 2021; the only way I got one in march that year was by going to a clinic that used vaccines that had been contracted, but unused, for chicago public school teachers.

and once the clinic was busted chicago had to set up special spots for the second vaccine.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Apraxin posted:

'if i vote for him my party, which does the things i want, will be in power' is a powerful motivator for some reason
drat, the dems should try doing the things their constituents want

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Phone posted:

it's more along the lines of "gently caress you if you don't think everything is great right now, we gave you $2000 checks and student loan relief, get back to the office serf" and a link to some dogshit infographic touting biden's accomplishments that gets shared around on twitter

"dogshit"? So that's your insult? Would you rather dogs die from bowel impaction because they cannot poo poo?

The Democrats might seem like they're bad. But, just like "dog poo poo," they are necessary for the life of our country and democracy. Without them, our country would become full of poo poo and burst apart, showering the rest of the world in its poo poo as it dies a painful death.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
My timeline is probably off, but by August 2020 it was very clear that the ruling elite of both parties were done with Trump and withdrew all support. It all happened so quickly. The Hunter laptop story actively censored on social media, the total embargo on vaccine data until the week after the election, killing another round of stimulus. It was remarkable to watch and, along with Bernie, killed off all hope for reform under the current system.

Of course the chuds started chasing stop the steal shadows instead of what actually happened

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ytlaya posted:

"dogshit"? So that's your insult? Would you rather dogs die from bowel impaction because they cannot poo poo?

The Democrats might seem like they're bad. But, just like "dog poo poo," they are necessary for the life of our country and democracy. Without them, our country would become full of poo poo and burst apart, showering the rest of the world in its poo poo as it dies a painful death.

To continue your metaphor, the democraps are like doggy diarrhea and shower the world constantly anyway.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shrecknet posted:

drat, the dems should try doing the things their constituents want

they do

your mistake is thinking the voters are the constituents, their real constituents are donors

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

WampaLord posted:

they do

your mistake is thinking the voters are the constituents, their real constituents are donors

but doctor, i donated $27!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ytlaya posted:

im sick of all of these bolsonarofecalation heads conflating dogshit with humanshit

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
discrediting a real conspiracy by popularizing it with deliberately incorrect details is misinformation 101.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Nothus posted:

My timeline is probably off, but by August 2020 it was very clear that the ruling elite of both parties were done with Trump and withdrew all support. It all happened so quickly. The Hunter laptop story actively censored on social media, the total embargo on vaccine data until the week after the election, killing another round of stimulus. It was remarkable to watch and, along with Bernie, killed off all hope for reform under the current system.

Of course the chuds started chasing stop the steal shadows instead of what actually happened

There probably is also some basis in fact for the stop the steal stuff because the results are such a statistical outlier for any other modern us election. It's just that instead of getting people with a brain and a plan like dubbya did Trump had to rely on idiots who thought mypillow was some revolutionary human invention and ended up with people so poor at practicing law that they made YouTube lawyers seem competent.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

cagliostr0 posted:

Trump losing killed at least 200k people.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
After two years of hearing how “da dems are gonna get destroyed!’ It clearly hasn’t happened and I think it’s time to shut this thread down

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Noob Saibot posted:

After two years of hearing how “da dems are gonna get destroyed!’ It clearly hasn’t happened and I think it’s time to shut this thread down

this will taste much sweeter after they sweep the midterms in less than a week, have faith

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm going to be proved right or rightest :twisted:

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I'm pretty sure the Ohio dems are just sending me veiled threats in the mail now. Things must be looking good.

If I ever got a mailer like that I would probably never vote again lol.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pooky posted:

Trump losing killed at least 200k people.

Would somebody be so kind as to walk me through this?

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Weka posted:

If covid stayed as "China-virus" 20% less deaths would have occurred

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Weka posted:

Biden's pledge to reopen within 100 days of taking office and sending all the kids back to the plague pits for the last weeks of the school year killed and maimed people.
If trump had made the same pledge democrat governors would have kept schools closed to spite him instead of gleefully culling.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zvahl posted:

conservative corporate stooge ... put a pride flag in a tweet one time in june ... demmiest dem who ever crated

where's the lie?

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Coolness Averted posted:

Biden's pledge to reopen within 100 days of taking office and sending all the kids back to the plague pits for the last weeks of the school year killed and maimed people.
If trump had made the same pledge democrat governors would have kept schools closed to spite him instead of gleefully culling.

Also more right wingers would have been more inclined to get vaxxed

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Coolness Averted posted:

If Trump won the Democratic governors would have seen the writing on the wall and caved on all chud demands re: covid, so about the same outcome.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Normy posted:

If Trump won the Democratic governors would have seen the writing on the wall and caved on all chud demands re: covid, so about the same outcome.

Chuds hated covid so much they were hording grey-market horse dewormer until owning the libs overtook their survival instinct.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Honestly, the Dems need to dehumanize Republicans like they've done to liberals / leftists. It's the only way to get the fucks like Manchin in line. When his voter base is calling him a traitor, only then will he forget about getting fat checks from coal barons. Also direct a lot of this poo poo at SCOTUS imho

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Normy posted:

Nah, Gavin is prepping his resume for 24/28. He would have eagerly led the charge for #resisting trump, the same way he had in 2020 on covid
I was involved in some of the rulemaking hearings and workshops for CalOSHA's temporary covid rules and the executive branch fully supported it, until Biden decided it was time to open up, at which point Gavin threatened to use EOs to kneecap all CalOSHA authority unless they revised stuff to match CDC guidance.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 09:23 on Nov 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Honestly, the Dems need to dehumanize Republicans like they've done to liberals / leftists. It's the only way to get the fucks like Manchin in line. When his voter base is calling him a traitor, only then will he forget about getting fat checks from coal barons. Also direct a lot of this poo poo at SCOTUS imho

when are you going to figure out that dems simply don’t give a poo poo about working people the same way republicans don’t

do you really think dems freaking out about trump and muh democracy 24/7 give a poo poo about anything other than the supremacy of private property and militarism? wake up dude I know it’s bleak but denying reality just makes it worse