Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Man, Sac Frags clash with Nahida's colour scheme really badly.

At least she doesn't get her weapon out for any of her unique animations. It seems to only be on the "return to neutral" flourish after specifically: her plunging attack, her charged attack, and her third and fourth normal attack. So you can avoid it ever showing up at all if you make sure to always cancel out of the recovery on those. And even in the worst case, you can clear it with a single normal attack.

This is the kind of top-level tech you won't learn from any of the big streamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

RareAcumen posted:

3 only cost 30, with the addition of Scaramouche we now have 4 that cost 60? or does it drop to 30 once you unlock him, that's what I was asking about.

They haven't upped the number of discounted bosses, but are you really still doing them all? I feel like finding a third boss to do outside of Signora and Raiden has been a chore for a while, since I don't need to stock up on anything else.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RareAcumen posted:

3 only cost 30, with the addition of Scaramouche we now have 4 that cost 60? or does it drop to 30 once you unlock him, that's what I was asking about.

Nah, we're saying the same thing, I was just saying 4 half costs would reduce the pain.

haypliss posted:

They haven't upped the number of discounted bosses, but are you really still doing them all? I feel like finding a third boss to do outside of Signora and Raiden has been a chore for a while, since I don't need to stock up on anything else.

Folks coming to the game late or who ignored the bosses before they needed them still gotta run them, though you are right that eventually you can phase out the ones you don't need.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

haypliss posted:

Uh yeah, how else am I supposed to get prototype weapons?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ive hit the dendro domain 10 times today and I have 1 "mostly good" piece for Na-Na

gently caress

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
your mistake is expecting any good pieces from artifact dungeons in less than 100 runs

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nyoro posted:

ive hit the dendro domain 10 times today and I have 1 "mostly good" piece for Na-Na

gently caress

you were supposed to start hitting it 4 weeks ago then you would maybe have an ok set by now

(i hate the artifact system)

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Unless they've changed something specifically for this one isn't it that you get the first three at half price (regardless of who they are) and after that they're 60?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Uh yeah, how else am I supposed to get prototype weapons?

Event rewards, Inazuma/Sumeru tree, etc. The drop rate is just too awful for me to feel like running every boss is worth it, especially when craftable weapons generally don't need refinement and are really mixed in quality.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/ykssu0/faruzan_wanderer_burst/

MIhoyo really said "Step on me, bad boy" as a burst is good for scaramouche fans.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Scaramouche fans are loving insane by the way, like god drat

thousands of replies dedicated to him on virtually any genshin mihoyo post on any social media website....

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lobsterpillar posted:

Unless they've changed something specifically for this one isn't it that you get the first three at half price (regardless of who they are) and after that they're 60?

yeah that's the point
now that there are 7 weekly bosses, if you want to do all of them you will pay 3x30 stamina plus 4x60.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

The actual worst part of fighting grass cube is it effectively forces you into a three-character group since none of the current dendros can do anything useful in the fight outside of the end phase.

The EM from Nahida's burst helps quite a bit in my Keqing group. Without it I can maybe barely take off 50% hp when it's vulnerable but will usually come just short and need 3 attack windows. With Nahida burst the aggravates hit so much harder that I'm guarantee at least 70%, taking 2 windows every time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Another power creep, Scaramouche can float+air walk

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/yksarv/wanderer_gameplay_2/

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/ykssu0/faruzan_wanderer_burst/

MIhoyo really said "Step on me, bad boy" as a burst is good for scaramouche fans.

Nyoro posted:

thousands of replies dedicated to him on virtually any genshin mihoyo post on any social media website....

He's for people who thought Xiao was still way too safe, I suppose

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nahida being able to mind grab mats is fuckin awesome btw

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drat I didn't care about this guy at all but I need all forms of mobility creep immediately

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Tragic that they didn't increase the onion's max level this patch.

Dendro cube would be nice if you could just electro its poo poo instead of needing to smack it with dendro first. I don't think dendroculi would help any though, because the recharging state for all the cubes is definitely too short for that.

Nyoro posted:

The worst part is he isn't turbodead like signora. The deluded ones are at least kinda amusing.

sidenote: in the main quest, do not wander away from the garden trying to see how far the storm extends, you'll just have to sit through all that again.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 3, 2022

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
So, this is probably a bug, but regarding Nahida's mat camera: it can pick up onikabuto, but not scarabs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
If you think about it, Onikabuto DO grow on trees...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tree Reformat posted:

So, this is probably a bug, but regarding Nahida's mat camera: it can pick up onikabuto, but not scarabs.

This was a weirdly deliberate choice, i think. In development, it couldn’t pick up onikabuto, but they added it late in the cycle.

Also nahida’s tap skill is very good, and i’d advise everyone not to ignore it.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This was a weirdly deliberate choice, i think. In development, it couldn’t pick up onikabuto, but they added it late in the cycle.

Also nahida’s tap skill is very good, and i’d advise everyone not to ignore it.

sure, but if you're on PC you can literally hold E and rapidly 360 and basically tag everyone in range

assuming you don't barf from doing it its pretty good

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Finished the Archon quest, Chapter 3 is a huge improvement over Chapter 2. Looking forward to Fontaine!

Time to mop up all the chests and quests that I haven't done yet.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
someone tell me that you don’t actually have to start/finish nilou’s character quest to do this archon quest. i suffered enough mashing x through cyno’s for what felt like hours

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MNSNTZR posted:

someone tell me that you don’t actually have to start/finish nilou’s character quest to do this archon quest. i suffered enough mashing x through cyno’s for what felt like hours
If you have it unlocked and in your quest log, you'll have to do some of it, yeah. Not the whole thing, though.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

MNSNTZR posted:

I don't think you have to start it, but if you have I imagine you have to finish it to free her up at a certain point.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nyoro posted:

Fujoshi tend to be exceptionally vocal about the things they like but also among the fastest fan groups to shift loyalties from something to a new thing. They're going to go extra mental when they see his burst lol

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

If you have it unlocked and in your quest log, you'll have to do some of it, yeah. Not the whole thing, though.

jesus christ… why does hoyo insist on making character quests so terrible? it feels like work, and i’m one of those people who gets sweaty about artifact farming

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

I don't think you have to start it, but if you have I imagine you have to finish it to free her up at a certain point.
I only had to do the first quest in the chain to get it unstuck. I think the way it works is that the individual quest you've had in your log for longer takes priority.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

MNSNTZR posted:

jesus christ… why does hoyo insist on making character quests so terrible? it feels like work, and i’m one of those people who gets sweaty about artifact farming

I like some of them (having only just started playing like a month ago, so I'm still working through the backlog) but it's very hit or miss. Kokomi's and Xianling's were hilarious (and do a good job of establishing why you're there) and Raiden Shogun's was relevant to the main plot but on the other hand you also have a bunch that are basically "spend 20 minutes running back and forth between waypoints and then watch a cinematic about hanging out with some random character you barely know."

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I like some of them (having only just started playing like a month ago, so I'm still working through the backlog) but it's very hit or miss. Kokomi's and Xianling's were hilarious (and do a good job of establishing why you're there) and Raiden Shogun's was relevant to the main plot but on the other hand you also have a bunch that are basically "spend 20 minutes running back and forth between waypoints and then watch a cinematic about hanging out with some random character you barely know."

Never do the hangouts unless you're hard up for primogems, they're very hit-or-miss. In my opinion they lean more towards the misses.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

good character quests are extremely few and far between imo

itto’s was pretty cute, mainly because i’m just a sucker for max mittelman and that the english dub just leans into itto’s character being extremely anachronistic with no explanation. i can’t remember if venti’s was actually “should you be trapped in a windless land” but that was very good if it was. storylines centered around albedo are always the best, for some reason.

i think the only good female character quest was… shenhe’s probably. hoyo really developed a big thing for making women who should be extremely interesting very boring after ningguang and beidou.

Boogle posted:

Never do the hangouts unless you're hard up for primogems, they're very hit-or-miss. In my opinion they lean more towards the misses.

chongyun, bennett and heizou’s were pretty good, but you are extremely correct about the rest of them being very, very wack

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I've seen people love the Hangouts I didn't like and vice versa, so I wouldn't warn people off them as a whole. Case in point above, a list putting Chongyun (middle of the pack quality) above standouts like Gorou or the other Liyue characters. You just gotta pick at ones you think might be interesting, and then maybe after that leave the comfort zone.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Heizou gorou and the fun diona ending are good. The rest are pretty boring. I still do them all during content lulls tho.

Chongyun's is probably my very least favorite.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 3, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MNSNTZR posted:

i think the only good female character quest was… shenhe’s probably. hoyo really developed a big thing for making women who should be extremely interesting very boring after ningguang and beidou.

Yae, Raiden 2, Yoimiya were good

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Raiden 2: Electro Boogaloo.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’ve been spamming x and teleporting only to spam x some more ever since i made the first post about nilou’s quest and i just finished it as i’m typing this. i’m free

Tae posted:

Yae, Raiden 2, Yoimiya were good

i was so scarred by how terrible raiden 1 was that i forgot about that one. that one is good! anything that goes into lore and isn’t completely about boring npcs with the character you want the story to be about delivering boring dialogue (yelan, nilou, ayato….) is worth paying attention to, such a wild concept.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The only real problem with the hangouts is that they make you do things. It's like playing a dating sim in pokemon go, and that's just dumb. Should've either gone all in on the vn shtick or picked a storyline and run with that in a cut-rate quest. It's not like the important characters get all that much in their story quest, beyond the stray non-engine cutscene. Unless you're one of the unlucky people, like noelle, who just doesn't get to exist in the story

MNSNTZR posted:

Probably don't want to check every location and character in all your quests for a conflict and then try to prioritize things if there is one, so first-come, first serve.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Shinobu hypberloom only works when you are getting in melee range of enemies with bloom cores nearby so that's a big drawback. That feels a bit too convoluted to pull off reliably unless you have anemo suction and can reliably keep the reactions going. Without anemo suction I find that first generating bloom cores and then triggering them against enemies that move around or spawn spread out is too finicky to bother with.

Mihoyo broke their rule of not hiding chests in boss rooms. That was the one area we didn't have to worry about combing over. :argh: Beneath the jadeplume terrorshroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

MNSNTZR posted:

good character quests are extremely few and far between imo

itto’s was pretty cute, mainly because i’m just a sucker for max mittelman and that the english dub just leans into itto’s character being extremely anachronistic with no explanation. i can’t remember if venti’s was actually “should you be trapped in a windless land” but that was very good if it was. storylines centered around albedo are always the best, for some reason.

chongyun, bennett and heizou’s were pretty good, but you are extremely correct about the rest of them being very, very wack

Shenhe doesn't technically have a character quest, that was all main story archon stuff.