Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

He's going to lose every employee whose remotely important except like one or two losers who are somehow true believers about loving twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

musk and 50 bazingas who think every one of his ideas is the best are going to run all of twitter.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

big nipples big life posted:

musk and 50 bazingas who think every one of his ideas is the best are going to run all of twitter even further into the ground than they already have at record pace.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It should be mentioned that that Latte tweet probably got a lot of likes from right wingers who say lattee and thought he was owning the libs

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Libertte

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So how long to the next major Twitter outage? And let's define major as 12 hours of downtime. I'm going to predict something fails by December 10th.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

He's going to lose every employee whose remotely important except like one or two losers who are somehow true believers about loving twitter.

Knowing some people at Tesla, you'd be surprised how many are willing to give up on any work-life balance for a chance to work for "a visionary" and to "change the world". Musk has a lot of weird cult-like fans. Although thankfully with more competition out, people obsessed with electric cars can actually work somewhere else. SpaceX employees are still getting super abused though because if you want to "do space stuff" you basically have no other choices at the moment. So you're going to be working 60-80 hour weeks, or GTFO.

However, people ALREADY at Twitter didn't come there for Musk and are very unlikely to take this type of poo poo. Also "work at a software company" is not a motivating factor that you can't simply do at a million other places (and now with better benefits).

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 3, 2022

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Rad Russian posted:

Knowing some people at Tesla, you'd be surprised how many are willing to give up on any work-life balance for a chance to work for "a visionary" and to "change the world". Musk has a lot of weird cult-like fans.

I don't think it's a coincidence that in the fictional life Chandler Halderson presented to his parents, he had a super duper high paying job at Space-X. Before he murdered both of them and tried to incinerate their bodies in the living room fireplace.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Random Stranger posted:

So how long to the next major Twitter outage? And let's define major as 12 hours of downtime. I'm going to predict something fails by December 10th.

I have a feeling someone is going to leave a dead man switch somewhere in the code on their last day.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The latte tweet is clearly a frappuccino and not a latte can we get some fact checking on twitter please

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1588081971221053440

Just how Trump is a dumb person's idea of a rich man, Elon is a dumb person's idea of a smart man.

Not really sure this reflects an understanding of what "cybernetic" actually means

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Just how Trump is a dumb person's idea of a rich man, Elon is a dumb person's idea of a smart man.

The collective, cybernetic super-intelligence has decided that a $8/mo generalized verification system is a really stupid idea

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Surprised he didn't work quantum in there somewhere as another "smart people word"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if everyone on earth poo poo once per day and received a splashback, that would also be billions of bidirectional exchanges per day, a collective cybernetic super-intelligence of pure poo poo

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Zil posted:

I have a feeling someone is going to leave a dead man switch somewhere in the code on their last day.

Uh Tesla engineers reviewed 800,00 printed out lines of code in a single day. They’d definitely find something out by a disgruntled coder toot suite. #LETSGOTOMARS

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

TwoPair posted:

Surprised he didn't work quantum in there somewhere as another "smart people word"

He's going to shove Twitter codebase into a Tesla and tell it to do the auto-pilot stuff that he can't get to work for the last 10 years. Then his AI issue is solved! All tesla car's decisions on what to do would be crowdsourced from Twitter interactions. "Accident unavoidable: should I swerve and kill an old woman + dog or keep going straight and kill a child? Vote in the poll below:"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Uh Tesla engineers reviewed 800,00 printed out lines of code in a single day. They’d definitely find something out by a disgruntled coder toot suite. #LETSGOTOMARS

Logic bomb left in the Twitter code that adds randomized ethnic slurs to every tweet. If the code is removed, the website stops working altogether.

It takes Elon's handpicked programming team over a day to notice that there is anything wrong.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

crime weed posted:

eh, i don't think it's anything like that.

he's just *the* tech mogul of the moment. he's tony start.

all of our media, popular imagination, thinktanks & marketing campaigns exist to uplift this type of guy in the public mind.

all the bots, all the normies, all the brainbroken chuds, crypto scammers, delusional sycophants, celebrity worhsippers, and attention cravers are drawn to him.

crowning him the idiot king is what society has been building to this whole time.

....nah. Once you buy your own platform, anything on that platform that's about you should be treated as propoganda.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Rad Russian posted:

SpaceX employees are still getting super abused though because if you want to "do space stuff" you basically have no other choices at the moment. So you're going to be working 60-80 hour weeks, or GTFO.

My dad worked at a national lab on rockets from the 80's until he retired last year and that's sorta just par for the course for a lot of it. Once he was a manager he had his hours down to 9-5 M-T with F off for over a decade, then COVID happened and he loved WFH for about a month, until he realized his life until he retired was 6-8 5 days a week.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

....nah. Once you buy your own platform, anything on that platform that's about you should be treated as propoganda.
once he finishes purging the twitter deep state & drains the swamp then we'll talk, but until then those 1.2mil likes are real.

i mean, they aren't real-real. but they're not like, dude-going-in-and-editing-the-numbers fake rn.

like, the people who immediately started spamming slurs when musk bought twitter because they thought he could instantaneously bring about institutional change were insanely funny. poo poo takes time

crime weed fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 3, 2022

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

DrPossum posted:

how did that end?

Howard Hughes bought out a hotel in Vegas so he could live in the penthouse, never leave, and harvest his urine and nail clippings into jars because he was afraid they could be used to spy on him.

He at least had the excuse that he was massively injured when his prototype racing airplane crashed (I think this is what the DiCaprio movie was about?). Elon, on the other hand, was broken by the internet.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Trevor Noah had a good joke about how Musky shouldn't be charging $8 for blue checkmarks, he should be charging $8 to say the n-word

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zil posted:

Well according to Elon's numbers, 80%of them are bots.

Elon: Twitter has more bots than users and they don't do enough to purge them

Elon's dipshit followers: Yeah that's right Elon but also can you look into why I lost 1,000 followers last night the libtards are censoring me

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Elom probably has a team funneling likes onto his account.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

IBroughttheFunk posted:

im picturing this said 100% with the weed smoke still in the air, in joe rogan's podcast studio

lol that the richest man in human history posts the same stupid poo poo 16 year me would if I was ripping the bong - like woah mannnnn

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Jelly posted:

Trevor Noah had a good joke about how Musky shouldn't be charging $8 for blue checkmarks, he should be charging $8 to say the n-word

The good news is, revenue is up 5,000% in the last week!

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Much like when he decided to buy twitter in the first place, I don’t doubt there’s a bunch of sycophants encouraging him to do whatever.

Whether any of them will actually pony up the $8 once it’s their own money on the line of if they like the results when it finally happens is another story.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
elon paid 44b for a moderated /b

now he is going to try and monetize and un-moderate it

this is going to be a life lesson for the world, i think

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
A super-intelligence controlled by the intelligence of the dumbest people on earth.

Some city on the hill....

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Jelly posted:

I guarantee you this is gonna be a thing.

"For $20 a month, you can threaten trans people and doxx them. Freedom of speech!

With half as many ads".

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Cybernetic intelligence is more accurate if you assume it’s just a bunch of bots talking to each other instead of people.

Normally to get this kind of brilliant insight you’d have to listen to Alex jones rant about the largest AI in the world being traffic lights and that the AI only controls us if we let it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Twitter being staffed entirely by sycophants will at least keep them contained.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Castor Poe posted:

I guarantee you this is gonna be a thing.

"For $20 a month, you can threaten trans people and doxx them. Freedom of speech!

With half as many ads".

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This is kind of an "all angles" approach huh

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Bad Purchase posted:

if everyone on earth poo poo once per day and received a splashback, that would also be billions of bidirectional exchanges per day, a collective cybernetic super-intelligence of pure poo poo

My colon is augmented.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

DeeplyConcerned posted:

elin: tell me about my own penis, mister musk

"Do you expect me to die, Mr. Musk?"

"No, Ms. Bond. I expect you to tell me about my penis."

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

The only thing preventing me from enjoying watching this ship sink in a storm of hubris is knowing that when the banks that hold the loans poo poo the bed because Elon is not going to be able to pay the bills, they'll probably get bailed out with tax dollars because they will threaten to take the rest of the economy down with them.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

yook posted:

Much like when he decided to buy twitter in the first place, I don’t doubt there’s a bunch of sycophants encouraging him to do whatever.

Whether any of them will actually pony up the $8 once it’s their own money on the line of if they like the results when it finally happens is another story.

I'm sure the hardcore Musk devotees are going to pour money into it like some goon project writ large.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I think he is think about "swarm inteligence".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant_colony_optimization_algorithms

There are algorithms where many independent dumb agents seeks a goal, and while every minion is dumb, the colony is smart about finding that goal.

If you are 14 years old, this idea sounds awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

maybe elon will trip and fall into a paper shredder and the only reason anybody will know he's missing is that his twitter goes silent for a couple hours.