Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

dew worm posted:

I’m guessing early voting isn’t a thing in every state

yeah there are some states so backwards they dont have legal weed or vote by mail crazy right?

there may be some sort of correlation there...
:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Another day in thus disaster of a nation

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Learned a new thing from qcs, we are a death drive

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Trumlp

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Good Citizen posted:

the violence is both a false flag and entirely justified

one weird trick

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

polls underestimated the GOP in 2016, 2018, and 2020, however this does NOT mean the same for 2022

right?

anakin:
actually polls underestimated the dems in 2012 and 2012, so it's their turn again this time around (please ignore nervous pollsters saying that they're seeing the same non-response bias as the last few cycles)

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

CODChimera posted:

what? I tried to read the latest thread but by page 3 it was an unreadable slap fight

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

polls should be illegal

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/billybragg/status/1588162066334056448

jesus these people are batshit

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

drat i just don't want to do anything

except :justpost:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CODChimera posted:

Why are you reading QCS?

I check the Leper's Colony and QCS every morning so I'm up to date on what kind of drama is being drummed up today

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/image_origins/status/1587912148893720580?s=46&t=wYCOKs-jF7wBgv_QSkRleg

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

40 year old men and women hearing Harry Potter has problems and just going insane.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

VideoKid posted:

what? I tried to read the latest thread but by page 3 it was an unreadable slap fight

Honestly my forums experience has improved since I stopped worrying about what's happening in qcs.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

ArmZ posted:

drat i just don't want to do anything

except :justpost:

personally I’m trying to work up the energy to finish bayonetta 3 after this lovely zoom meeting

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Why are you reading QCS?

I check the Leper's Colony and QCS every morning so I'm up to date on what kind of drama is being drummed up today

i wait until its summarized here then i read the funny bits

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

personally I’m trying to work up the energy to finish bayonetta 3 after this lovely zoom meeting

:hmmyes:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

It probably tastes pretty decent.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

norse guys would wear womens clothes to practice seidhr magic. theres even a scene in the movie he took that image from that depicts it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

CODChimera posted:

the gbs ukraine people need to log off for a long time

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

sometimes I make this series of faces to myself and have a nice little laugh

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Most cities had some sort of public transit 100 years ago and threw it all away, Pittsburgh isn't special in this case.

they were doing sewer work on the street I live on and you could see the trolly tracks they just paved right over

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i think both ukraine threads could work pretty well if you just put their most aggro posters on probation, which seems to have largely happened so i guess we'll find out

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Apraxin posted:

actually polls underestimated the dems in 2012 and 2012, so it's their turn again this time around (please ignore nervous pollsters saying that they're seeing the same non-response bias as the last few cycles)

750k Georgia voters skipped the run-offs because of trump’s election lies, which he hasn’t stopped spouting to this day and even fox hosts are already saying democrats are cheating as of yesterday. It’s entirely possible, on a national level, the same thing happens or a groundswell of new voters pissed off at republicans shows up. Early voting looks promising for dems in many states but who knows.

My money is on the democrats getting steamrolled because republicans have spent the last two years hammering them on crime and the economy, they’ll do nothing to fix either, but voters are incredibly stupid in this country and they believe republicans will. Until republicans spend all their time investigating Hunter Biden and impeaching Biden then voters will go “wait a minute that’s not what I wanted”.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

lmao

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

beyond soyface

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
any day now, the hammer is coming down

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

wearing a big sign that says “cyberbully me” for the low price of $96/yr

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Dustcat posted:

i think both ukraine threads could work pretty well if you just put their most aggro posters on probation, which seems to have largely happened so i guess we'll find out

there is a large contingent in gbs that is convinced that posting snuff videos and getting mad about cspam is a vital front in the valiant cyber war against the dastardly russians

believe it or not that includes a large number of the usual qcs freaks

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

norse guys would wear womens clothes to practice seidhr magic. theres even a scene in the movie he took that image from that depicts it

one of these chuds blocked me cause he was talking about manly Roman men and I was just like “Roman men thought the Gauls were deranged for wearing pants”

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

i drove past a jeep yesterday with a flag decal and "AMERICAN VIKING" in huge letters. the driver was a fifty something fat guy

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

:hai:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

quote:

Unlike some previous historians of the 1960s, Sandbrook argues that the period was marked by strong conservatism and conformity. His books attempt to debunk what he sees as myths associated with the period, from the sexual revolution to student protest, and he challenges the "cultural revolution" thesis associated with historians like Arthur Marwick. Charles Shaar Murray, writing in The Independent, called Sandbrook "the Hoodie Historian" and imagined him "slouching into shot while throwing whatever passes for gang signs in the history department of the University of Sheffield, and announcing to Arthur Marwick, Jonathon Green et al. that 'You is all mi bitches nuh.'"
what the gently caress

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
we need more Caros, fewer Brown Moseses

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Squinky v2.0 posted:

wearing a big sign that says “cyberbully me” for the low price of $96/yr

don't kink shame

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Dustcat posted:

both threads should be merged into one subform where everyone can have stupid slap fights

I stopped reading the war thread here because people just kept posting what gbs was saying and if I wanted to read what gbs is saying then I would go to gbs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

petit choux posted:

I used to have a lady friend who was hetero but very nonconforming. She was a bit of a gymnast, a mountain biker, a football player. But she was really pretty. But some guys I knew could not get over that she was more muscular and stronger than them.

hey that reminds me of that old watermelon thigh crushing gif and thinking that that's how I want to die