Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
My tier lost is based on how much presence they have at Islaands of Adventure. Ride:S Walk around character: A. Wall art: B Food item: C merch: D nothing:F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I'd certainly see them having people call Teddy Hulkling and him hating it.

Worked for She-Hulk, and with all the publicity Bruce and Jen have now gotten, the public calling someone who turns into a smaller, buff, green guy "Hulkling" makes sense. Could also see Marvel lamp-shading it by having the public at large mix up Hulking and Skaar.

I feel like Billy is less likely to keep his superhero name given it's connection to a real world religion.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i can only speak to my experience, but as an outsider for most of my life i didn't even know there was an iron man cartoon til i visited these forums in my late 20s and during the civil war era i never heard about iron man, just that CAPTAIN AMERICA DIED!!! which somehow made it to news shows

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it’s both fair to say Iron Man has long been an important part of the Marvel world but also that he hasn’t been a mainstream or central focus. But Marvel doesn’t really do that the way DC does. The Avengers aren’t the Justice League. A lot of Marvel is teams. So Iron Man’s always been part of the Big 3 of the Avengers but that’s not the same as DC’s Trinity.

But I definitely remember a lot of surprise and trepidation that Iron Man was the first out of the gate.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I knew of Iron Man growing up from his cartoon show. Anecdotal, sure, but I feel like a lot of people had a similar experience

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

My tier lost is based on how much presence they have at Islaands of Adventure. Ride:S Walk around character: A. Wall art: B Food item: C merch: D nothing:F

S: Ride
F: it’s Storm Force Accelatron

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I remember the Iron Man and Fantastic Four cartoon from the 90's. They sucked. I think there was even a teen Iron Man cartoon which sucked too. On the spectrum of Marvel cartoons from the 90's X-Men cartoon(s) were the best and Iron Man and Fantastic Four were the worse. Somehow Spiderman managed to straddle the line between the two ends.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Madkal posted:

I remember the Iron Man and Fantastic Four cartoon from the 90's. They sucked. I think there was even a teen Iron Man cartoon which sucked too. On the spectrum of Marvel cartoons from the 90's X-Men cartoon(s) were the best and Iron Man and Fantastic Four were the worse. Somehow Spiderman managed to straddle the line between the two ends.

what a kickin rad intro though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1587931652466302976

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Medullah posted:

Yeah I remember coming across it at a bowling alley and as a huge Spider-Man fan I hit start and was so confused. It's also awesome that the final boss is Kingpin while Green Goblin and Venom are the first two bosses.

Isn’t the final boss Dr. Doom?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Oh my god does this mean the world's cutest couple will be reuniting in the MCU?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I AM GRANDO posted:

Isn’t the final boss Dr. Doom?

Could be I'm misremembering. Even worse haha

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jamesman posted:

Oh my god does this mean the world's cutest couple will be reuniting in the MCU?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i am looking respectfully

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
To find out they are both married now, and not to each other, was devastating to me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix has renewed Sandman.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Wait what were they in together?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ingrid Goes West

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

bunnyofdoom posted:

Each others pants.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Madkal posted:

I think the 90s Hulk cartoon was probably the worst but they all sucked rear end and I didn't actually watch any of them.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

muscles like this! posted:

Seeing that Netflix is determined to make the worst decisions possible, I'm glad to hear that someone had a voice of reason to get it renewed.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjTIVaSnRR0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVU4HURKEXs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80P_MF_XgOY

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 3, 2022

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
The hulk cartoon from the 60s has the best theme song of them all

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

It’s been a couple good days over at Gaiman’s Twitter. He’s been retweeting and dunking on people sharing an obviously fake account reporting the show was canceled.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Civil War was 2006-2007, Iron Man The Film was 2008

Notably while Civil War did elevate Iron Man's notoriety a bit it also kind of painted him as the bad guy for a chunk of it (mainly the tie-ins), and the whole series was controversial for inconsistent characterization (mostly in the tie-ins); it made me more aware of Iron Man but also made me less interested in reading about Iron Man

Small edit: Tony in the comics at that point was also, iirc, in a place where he really just... didn't do superhero poo poo anymore? As much? Extremis was like 05 - 06, by the time Civil War hit Iron Man had automated Iron Man armies and nanotech suits in his bloodstream and could hack with his mind and was dealing with global infrastructure crisises and political intrigue and poo poo, not the mainstream big bang boom whammo you buy a Hulk or a Wolverine book for. The end of Civil War came with some soft resets and addendums that put him closer to what would become Movie Iron Man, and then the movie incentivized that baselining even further. It hasn't always been "the same" Iron Man. I could be misremembering a lot of details, though, it's been like 15 years

Before Civil War Iron Man was in New Avengers, where he did lots of super heroing and I think that was one of Marvel's best selling books at the time, because shockingly if you put your two most popular characters on a team book more people will buy it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Where's that dancing & hollering happy little guy emoji? Just pretend I put a dozen of the bastards here.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Lobok posted:

Spider-Man: The Videogame had the weirdest roster. Hawkeye and Namor? I wasn't yet all that knowledgeable about Spider-Man at that point and even I knew those choices were way off. There's gotta be some story behind that, something weird about licensing.

aw man the irritation of that "YIPYIPYIP YIPPOOOOOO" sound constantly coming from that cabinet. A friend and I, along with some rando at the arcade, got all the way to Latveria before we had to leave. That friend also mocked the poo poo out of me because I had no idea who Venom was at the time

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
MEPHISTO SHADOW KING??...yeah idk

Someone magical?...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that sucks about Stargirl being canceled is that it had a really good version of The Shade.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

BrianWilly posted:

Someone magical?...

Reboot Helstrom and have her be Satana.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

One thing that sucks about Stargirl being canceled is that it had a really good version of The Shade.

Was he like the one in the James Robinson Starman series, because that's like almost all knowledge of him and I liked him a lot in that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Was he like the one in the James Robinson Starman series, because that's like almost all knowledge of him and I liked him a lot in that.

Yeah, that's pretty much the basis of Stargirl's version. He used to be a villain but has mostly reformed while still being kind of a dick. He showed up in season 2 to help fight Eclipso and has a short arc in season 3 which ends with him agreeing to become a mentor to Obsidian, Jade and an offscreen Sandy Hawkins.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Someone magical?...

I'm just gonna guess Jennifer Kale since she's a witch.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Skwirl posted:

Before Civil War Iron Man was in New Avengers, where he did lots of super heroing and I think that was one of Marvel's best selling books at the time, because shockingly if you put your two most popular characters on a team book more people will buy it.

I always forget they had both Wolverine and Spider-man on that team

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That would be crazy if they tie Legion into the Disney MCU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ruddiger posted:

That would be crazy if they tie Legion into the Disney MCU

If that's how they choose to bring in mutants I'd never stop smiling

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

aw man the irritation of that "YIPYIPYIP YIPPOOOOOO" sound constantly coming from that cabinet. A friend and I, along with some rando at the arcade, got all the way to Latveria before we had to leave. That friend also mocked the poo poo out of me because I had no idea who Venom was at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQG_NdUVI4g

Friend and I were playing this on MAME about 15 years ago incredibly drunk when I discovered you can knock each other down. Literally did this for 5 minutes straight and we were laughing like it was the funniest thing we'd ever seen

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sorta out there but I'm hoping Plaza will be Lilith. Get a nice magical introduction with some demon stuff and then pack her up and send her off to oppose the slowly assembling Midnight Sons.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Not familiar with either of them, but fyi.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1588246001172631553

There have also been wholly unconfirmed rumors of Catherine O'Hara, Hannah Waddingham, and Amy Poehler being cast, though at this point I doubt that'll pan out for all three of those names, if any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1588217461723353089https://twitter.com/MetalGearLMAO/status/1588229409311526913